Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 544, 545, 546 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

mandy wrote:
Haha! No. It's in a shared carpark.

...a thought before you march off to war!

I lived in many flats for over the years and in nearly all of them the spaces in the shared car-park allocated to each particular flat.
Not every one of them enforced this but most did to some degree at least
A strata title often includes the provision of a particular car-park for each apartment...(Landlords that own whole blocks do this too).
if the your parking where-ever like it might just be that many of your neighbors are pissed off with you even though others aren't.

Btb,
I had a share car park in Malvern.
It was a in narrow street with bugger all public parking.
We were scrupulous in who parked where.
The first time my space was taken I left a polite note under the wiper...(it was ignored).
The second time I rephrased it and epoxy-glued it to his wind-shield!
There wasn't a third time.

Like I said, just a thought.

Last edited by 3.14159 on Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:56 pm; edited 3 times in total
partypie 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:28 pm

I got one like that a few months ago when I was living in an apartment. I actually moved my car to my other palatial space because I figured that the old fart must be a shocking driver if they thought they didn't have enough room to back out.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:26 am

3.14159 wrote:
mandy wrote:

...a thought before you march off to war!

I lived in many flats for over the years and in nearly all of them the spaces in the shared car-park allocated to each particular flat.
Not every one of them enforced this but most did to some degree at least
A strata title often includes the provision of a particular car-park for each apartment...(Landlords that own whole blocks do this too).
if the your parking where-ever like it might just be that many of your neighbors are pissed off with you even though others aren't.

Btb,
The first time my space was taken I left a polite note under the wiper...(it was ignored).
The second time I rephrased it and epoxy-glued it to his wind-shield!
There wasn't a third time.

Like I said, just a thought.

^^^^^
This.

I'm sure I saw an episode of Judge Judy on this type of scenario where she was scathing of the person who was "in the right" for not being flexible.
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:14 am

Judge Judy says people should be flexible when it comes to will-full trespass huh?
That space was written into my lease, I was responsible for it's up-keep, had sole right's to it's use and paid good money not to have to park 2 streets away from my car-park.
It wasn't just me he was this doing to btw, it was anyone that had a vacant space that wasn't being used when he needed to park (he and his partner both had a car but not 2 spaces to put them in).
I contacted my Agent, they said the person taking my spot (clearly numbered) was with another agency and no they didn't know who he was with, perhaps I should contact the police or the council but it wasn't something they could anything about!
The police I didn't bother with (it is a civil matter they would have said).
The council told me to ring them next time it happens and they'd send an "inspector".
I told them these transgressions were happening in the evening (after I'd finish work and the council offices well closed).
I was told I should take the matter to court.
I figured that's at least 12 months away and no way was this going to continue that long.
The rent I (and my neighbours) were paying for our car-parks was being stolen (and none of the legal avenues could help) and Judge Judy was scathing and said ppl having their rights trampled should be more flexible?
That's fine for a rich person living in a gated community with a 5 car garage but it doesn't fly in the real world.
Flexible? Should I have bent over, spread my cheeks and said, "Hello sailor"?

What I did didn't damage his car (beyond the inconvenience of scrapping the note off the top right hand corner of his windshield) but it worked and we all (myself and the occupants of the other 23 flats) lived happily ever after.

Judy Judge huh?
What's his first name?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:56 am

You are unreal I was actually agreeing with you and still you attack me!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:09 am

to be fair could you please reread your reply, cos I thought the "this" meant you were, but the follow up was the opposite.

I had someone park across my drive way after school, and I couldn't get out to go pick up my kids from high school. (we lived across the road from a primary school), I got a permanent marker and wrote on her windscreen, don't park on my driveway.

she came back as I was finishing and went nuts!! it was a brand new car, she had just picked it up, but about 3 hours later she was back with chocolates and an apology!!

I also had someone park IN my drive way and when I said hey what are you doing, she said "cant you wait 5 min?" glad I don't live there now!! used to drive me nuts

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:29 pm

think positive wrote:
to be fair could you please reread your reply, cos I thought the "this" meant you were, but the follow up was the opposite.

I had someone park across my drive way after school, and I couldn't get out to go pick up my kids from high school. (we lived across the road from a primary school), I got a permanent marker and wrote on her windscreen, don't park on my driveway.

she came back as I was finishing and went nuts!! it was a brand new car, she had just picked it up, but about 3 hours later she was back with chocolates and an apology!!

I also had someone park IN my drive way and when I said hey what are you doing, she said "cant you wait 5 min?" glad I don't live there now!! used to drive me nuts

I had a client who's home use to border a state school but Jeff sold it to become an Islamic school/mosque, these people are elderly Catholic Australians and are too scared to say anything when the Muslims park in her driveway and on her lawn as well as blocking the street.

But back to my reply to 3, I honestly thought using the Judy Judy Judy quote was agreeing in as much as she was saying a little compromise goes a long way.

I need to remember most people just don't get me.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:56 pm

1061 wrote:
think positive wrote:

I had a client who's home use to border a state school but Jeff sold it to become an Islamic school/mosque, these people are elderly Catholic Australians and are too scared to say anything when the Muslims park in her driveway and on her lawn as well as blocking the street.

But back to my reply to 3, I honestly thought using the Judy Judy Judy quote was agreeing in as much as she was saying a little compromise goes a long way.

I need to remember most people just don't get me.

yeah I think 3 (and me!)thought you meant he needed to compromise more!

cheers mate

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:20 pm

1061 wrote:
You are unreal I was actually agreeing with you and still you attack me!

Attack you?
Really!
Quote me a harsh word directed at you (from that post) and I'll apologise!
(My ire was directed at the judge).

fwitw I reckon you must have an extremely fragile ego to you get your knickers in a twist so easily
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:28 pm

I can be a bit slow on the uptake on some things.

After a couple of weeks of just constantly having my energy drained at work and feeling like shite, the clunk that the penny makes when it drops finally got my attention.

Music. Thank you Music.

Put the phone in the pocket, plugged in the earphones, turned the volume up past the recommended limit and went out to water the garden and walk the dog.

For anyone who saw me wandering round the park with a glass of red in one hand and a beer in the other followed by an ancient German Shepherd carrying a very large tennis ball...........

No I wasn't having a seizure, I was moving to the music
No I don't have Cerebral palsy, see above
No I wasn't crying out in pain, I was singing. get £$%$ed
Yes my fashion sense went into a permanent stall in the 1980's. Your excuse for looking the way you do would be what?

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:33 pm

Can't argue with the 80's fashion but are you sure your dogs a German shepherd?
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:41 pm

stui magpie wrote:

No I wasn't having a seizure, I was moving to the music
No I don't have Cerebral palsy, see above
No I wasn't crying out in pain, I was singing. get £$%$ed
Yes my fashion sense went into a permanent stall in the 1980's.

Oh phew it was you! I thought I had let me hubby out again Wink Razz

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:10 pm

Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

your all nuts!

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:55 pm

A one-eyed Smithfield-Huntaway...(and friend).
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:23 am

3.14159 wrote:
mandy wrote:

Btb,

That's fair enough.

But to be clear about my case, we all have our own garages and space for 2 cars to park outside our own units. The shared car park is just extra space and isn't allocated to anyone in particular.

Anyway, back on topic. I'm happy it's Friday! I've had one day off in the past 19 so hanging for the weekend!

Enjoy everybody. Very Happy

#SIDEBYSIDE
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 544, 545, 546 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 545 of 866   

Jump to: