Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 540, 541, 542 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:51 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Jezza wrote:
think positive wrote:
Well after my eldest pretty much wasting her HECS for the first year of uni, she's now in her 2nd year of her new course (IT) and she got a text yesterday. She did so well in one subject that they have offered her a tutor position in the subject at $27.50 an hour! So did not see that coming!

2 sleeps to Hawaii, can't wait! Told all the neighbours if you hear a party, please don't hesitate to call the cops immediately and exaggerate!

Nah, she will be right, she has a whole new attitude this year, and a nice boyfriend, they don't drink much, and love the gym! Cheers! Time to get organised!

Congratulations to your daughter TP and enjoy your trip as well.

Thanks Jezza, just one more sleep!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:37 pm

Gees I go away for a while and no ones farking Happy!

I am!

Had a great day at Pearl Harbour, with all the talk going on here, I really appreciated the fact that on the boat ride to the Arizona, which was sunk in minutes by the Japanese, with nearly all its crew, that not one person spoke. All were in solemn silence of remembrance and thankfulness. So much dignity afforded to those that gave their lives.

I still remember the feeling I had 21 years ago when I walked on the platform of remembrance. It's an amazing feeling. And it still felt the same today.

Then It was on to the Missouri, where sadly, I wasn't allowed to recreate Chers famous moment! Was also a tad dissappointed to realize that Under Siege was definately not filmed on the boat. Not below decks. Not at all! OMG it must have been manned by pigmys! It's very small in there!

Enjoying the sunshine, the mega serves and the friendly people

Cheers

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:58 pm

^

hey, enjoy.

I'm happy. It's warm and it's been raining (love that combo), I've got tomorrow off work planning on getting into the garden and having 3 days largely to myself instead of doing stuff that other people want.

Now that numbnuts next door has got the scaffold out of my driveway, i can actually do some stuff. Might actually set the pool up and see if I get some use before Xmas.

And you can't just eat all healthy stuff over there, get yourself on the outside of a massive burger or steak.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:26 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

hey, enjoy.

I'm happy. It's warm and it's been raining (love that combo), I've got tomorrow off work planning on getting into the garden and having 3 days largely to myself instead of doing stuff that other people want.

Now that numbnuts next door has got the scaffold out of my driveway, i can actually do some stuff. Might actually set the pool up and see if I get some use before Xmas.

And you can't just eat all healthy stuff over there, get yourself on the outside of a massive burger or steak.

Hehehe I'll be sinking some margaritas in Maui!

Love sunshine and rain, and the smell of hot wet asphalt!

Cheers mate!

Went to Walmart tonight, did a Clark griswald and knocked over a pile of energy drinks with my trolley! Half landed in the trolley the rest on the floor! Gees the kids disappeared fast!

Last edited by think positive on Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:27 pm

ha ha ha Laughing
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:31 pm

Oops. Too much data.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:36 pm

Glad you are having a good time Jo!

I have a 4 hour teleconference tomorrow and I shall think of you when after 10 mins of listening to the loud obnoxious yank that has graced our shores in order to tell us how bad we are "cause in the States" ( and that health system works sooooo well) I will have lost the will to live and will be cursing you for not taking her back in your luggage!!! Razz

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:42 pm

Cmon now, you'll give her what for in the first 5 min! I feel sorry for her already! Xxxxx
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:16 pm

Morrigu wrote:
Glad you are having a good time Jo!

I have a 4 hour teleconference tomorrow and I shall think of you when after 10 mins of listening to the loud obnoxious yank that has graced our shores in order to tell us how bad we are "cause in the States" ( and that health system works sooooo well) I will have lost the will to live and will be cursing you for not taking her back in your luggage!!! Razz

Hey, like any good septic their knowledge of geography probably ends at anything outside of New York is a 3rd world country. That's a real opportunity to see what they've got.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:01 pm

I went to my first AGM at the Glenorchy District Junior Football Club, met everyone and today I got asked to join the committee. I am still not sure what team I get to coach, I have either Under 8s, 9s or Auskick.

They all seemed nice they're happy I am on board, and my dad is on board so I cannot wait for the next meeting.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:12 am

Went to look at a car, '97 Mercedes Wagon listed as $8990, get to the dealer and the price has dropped to $6500. Agree to terms, pay in full then get a call from the salesman. Oops, was meant to be without the On Roads. "Please can you pay a bit more, I'm in trouble with the boss". Me: "No".

So a car that we were going to happily pay $9k for we got for a steal. Not often you get one up on a used car salesman, so today, I'm happy (until it breaks down/falls apart) Laughing
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:03 pm

Well done Proto, you've earned it.

Well done Wokko, nothin like a win!

I'm on Maui. OMG! While it's more commercial than 20 years ago, it's still amazingly beautiful. And someone said sorry about the weather! It's like 29 degrees! It's still at least 25 and it's 6 at night! I'm laying on my bed looking out the window at the sea, waving Palm trees and a mountain with the top shrouded in clouds. Off snorkelling tomorrow. Cheers xx

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:30 pm

Got my $500 pool assembled and filling with water. Got to finish assembling the pump and filter but it's nearly beer o'clock.

What really made me happy is seeing basically the same pool on special at a pool shop for $1699.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:09 pm

^ so did you put in a stupid pool fence then???

Still p'd off about that Evil or Very Mad

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:14 pm

No pool fence yet, I'll play that by ear. I have no small kids and other peoples kids shouldn't be in my yard.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 540, 541, 542 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 541 of 866   

Jump to: