Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 539, 540, 541 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

pietillidie wrote:
Nice trip to Cardiff. A very attractive and friendly city on first impression, and a nice Christmas atmosphere in town already; haven't had a mulled wine for years!

The Beloved's iPhone 6 panoramic capabilities came in handy:

My dad was in Cardiff, I think for building air ships

Had a mulled wine at Marysville the night before the snow run I did, fantastic, got to get the receipe.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:40 am

think positive wrote:
pietillidie wrote:
Nice trip to Cardiff. A very attractive and friendly city on first impression, and a nice Christmas atmosphere in town already; haven't had a mulled wine for years!

The Beloved's iPhone 6 panoramic capabilities came in handy:

My dad was in Cardiff, I think for building air ships

Had a mulled wine at Marysville the night before the snow run I did, fantastic, got to get the receipe.

I actually saw some of the old dock areas, and walked right around the bay. Some nice modern development going on which blends well into the original city.

Mulled wine was a nice change up. I had even forgotten it existed! As I'm sure you know, the range of alcoholic beverages here is something to behold...and taste Smile

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:40 am

dp.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:53 am

Well after my eldest pretty much wasting her HECS for the first year of uni, she's now in her 2nd year of her new course (IT) and she got a text yesterday. She did so well in one subject that they have offered her a tutor position in the subject at $27.50 an hour! So did not see that coming!

2 sleeps to Hawaii, can't wait! Told all the neighbours if you hear a party, please don't hesitate to call the cops immediately and exaggerate!

Nah, she will be right, she has a whole new attitude this year, and a nice boyfriend, they don't drink much, and love the gym! Cheers! Time to get organised!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:15 am

think positive wrote:
Well after my eldest pretty much wasting her HECS for the first year of uni, she's now in her 2nd year of her new course (IT) and she got a text yesterday. She did so well in one subject that they have offered her a tutor position in the subject at $27.50 an hour! So did not see that coming!

2 sleeps to Hawaii, can't wait! Told all the neighbours if you hear a party, please don't hesitate to call the cops immediately and exaggerate!

Nah, she will be right, she has a whole new attitude this year, and a nice boyfriend, they don't drink much, and love the gym! Cheers! Time to get organised!

Congratulations to your daughter. Have a good holiday.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:42 am

watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:

Congratulations to your daughter. Have a good holiday.

thankyou Wink

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:44 am

Good stuff, makes a difference studying something you're actually interested in.
Enjoy the holiday
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:51 am

stui magpie wrote:
Good stuff, makes a difference studying something you're actually interested in.
Enjoy the holiday

aint that the truth!!

cheers Wink

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:04 pm

Just finished installing a new screen door at the front.

Hanging a door is normally a piece of cake (if you have to pay to get someone to hang a door for you, you obviously don't know which end of the screwdriver to hold) but this one was a bit tricky. Seems like the doorway is a tad bowed so had to get a bit creative to make the lock catch and engage, but got there.

Looks good too. Very Happy
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:29 pm

think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Enjoy the holiday

aint that the truth!!

cheers Wink

Too true!

Have a great holiday Jo - sure you will Very Happy

We have nearly finished booking and paying for ours - to Cape Town to spend the night with our adopted rescue lions then grab a car drive up to Fish River Canyon then to Sossusvlei then to Damaraland then to Etosha then to Africat Okonjima then to Bulawaya- overnight train ( should be entertaining) to Victoria Falls and then to Kigali for 2 weeks in Rwanda and Uganda and the mountain gorillas - Can't wait Cool Very Happy Very Happy

London Dave Aquarius

Jete jedna pivo prosm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:42 pm

Victoria Falls is one of the most awesome things I've seen/places I've been. You doing the Zambia or Zimbo side (or both?)
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:55 pm

London Dave wrote:
Victoria Falls is one of the most awesome things I've seen/places I've been. You doing the Zambia or Zimbo side (or both?)

I think just Zimbo Dave - we are traveling independent so will " suck it and see" Very Happy

What do you recommend?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:17 pm

Morrigu wrote:
think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Enjoy the holiday

aint that the truth!!

cheers Wink

Too true!

Have a great holiday Jo - sure you will Very Happy

We have nearly finished booking and paying for ours - to Cape Town to spend the night with our adopted rescue lions then grab a car drive up to Fish River Canyon then to Sossusvlei then to Damaraland then to Etosha then to Africat Okonjima then to Bulawaya- overnight train ( should be entertaining) to Victoria Falls and then to Kigali for 2 weeks in Rwanda and Uganda and the mountain gorillas - Can't wait Cool Very Happy Very Happy

hey honey, will be awesome!!

if you hear of any reputable rescue centres for elephants where they have a volunteer programme, while your there, can you let me know, still planning to go with junior next year xxx

cant wait to see the pics

- I asked junior (who just started seeing her first boyfriend) if she intends to get Leiied! god she has a dirty mind!!

London Dave Aquarius

Jete jedna pivo prosm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:28 pm

Zimbo side is best....wrap up all your passport etc in waterproof bag... a few folks with me didnt and got soaked
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:01 pm

think positive wrote:

Congratulations to your daughter TP and enjoy your trip as well.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 539, 540, 541 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 540 of 866   

Jump to: