Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 527, 528, 529 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
I'd be fine if a company decided not to opt for Halal certification for financial reasons. I'd also be fine if they wrote a statement aimed at the Muslim community explaining their reasons.

I don't think this press release was aimed at the Muslim community.

(Oh, by the way, there's no reason why Halal and Made in Australia should be incompatible. Plenty of Halal products are made here.)

Yes there is a reason. It's called animal rights, animal welfare, we have them here. We do not allow barbaric killing practices.

Read the halal method here

http://www.halalchoices.com.au/what_is_halal.html

I don't need to haunt my dreams watching the movie, and I don't see why any animal should suffer a tortured death to please what you say is a make believe entity.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:08 am

David wrote:
I'd be fine if a company decided not to opt for Halal certification for financial reasons. I'd also be fine if they wrote a statement aimed at the Muslim community explaining their reasons.

(Oh, by the way, there's no reason why Halal and Made in Australia should be incompatible. Plenty of Halal products are made here.)

So what - why the hell should any company have to opt for Halal certification for financial or any other reason if they don't want to and why should they have to explain their reasons?

Ah but they do cause smug superior idealistic types have decided that we can't " offend" a minority -I don't give a rats about Halal and as TP points out many of their methods are barbaric - I would pay more not to have Halal given this!

Oh and by the way I know many products that meet halal certification ( they are not halal products) are made here - but as I am not of this faith I couldn't give a stuff.

If you want to buy Halal products then find someone who sells them and buy them - just like I go to my favourite Asian, Indian and Italian outlets to buy foods etc. - your choice - stop trying to shove it down all our throats!!

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:07 am

Of course there will always be specialty shops for Muslims. As has been pointed out every time this discussion arises, there has never been an Australian law demanding that any company pursue Halal certification. It's a purely commercial decision.

The logic goes something like this: if we get our product/s Halal certified, how many Muslim customers will we gain? How many people who don't like little Halal certificates on their vegemite will we lose?

Most companies put their money on the former, because they guess that there's more profit in inclusivity than prejudice. Dick, on the other hand, appears to have opted for the latter; and, just to be sure, he's made sure as many people know about it as possible.

think positive wrote:
David wrote:

Yes there is a reason. It's called animal rights, animal welfare, we have them here. We do not allow barbaric killing practices.

I don't need to haunt my dreams watching the movie, and I don't see why any animal should suffer a tortured death to please what you say is a make believe entity.

Jo, the vast majority of supermarket items that would carry a Halal certification would not involve animal slaughter at all. Most of the time it's nothing more than a rubber stamp saying "Muslims can eat this".

Australian companies have been doing essentially the same thing for Kosher certification for years, but funnily enough Dick doesn't appear to think it worth mentioning whether his company will be boycotting that or not. If this was anything more than an appeal to people who dislike Islam, he might have thought that worthy of clarification.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:28 am

Muslims deserve to suffer vegemite.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:14 am

It's like the Heart Foundation Tick, all a scam.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:15 am

think positive wrote:
David wrote:

Imagine - all those blood-curdling screams from the vegemite yeast! Wink

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:19 am

1061 wrote:
It's like the Heart Foundation Tick, all a scam.
All?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:24 am

pietillidie wrote:
think positive wrote:
David wrote:

Imagine - all those blood-curdling screams from the vegemite yeast! Wink

Actually it's the blood curdling screams of the sheep and cattle that curdle my blood.

Lucky pigs.

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:50 am

Yes, lucky pigs! They just get to be slaughtered 'humanely'.

http://youtu.be/mGoxsGiO6fU

(Warning, video above contains footage of 'humane' Western animal slaughter.)

Don't know about you, but I'd just love to be shot in the head.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:12 am

So back to HAPPY stuff!

Just finished an 18.5 Klm bike ride, bloody magnificent day.

Got swooped by a Magpie! Felt something hit my helmet and saw it fly off!

Cheers, enjoy your day xxxx

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:48 pm

5150 wrote:
think positive wrote:
62 sleeps, 8 hours 25 min til Hawaii, not that im counting!!

15 more sleeps till Oktoberfest in Munich (5 days) . Then Prague for another 5 days.

Enjoy! Prague is lovely - Munich is too outside of Oktoberfest Very Happy

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:50 pm

Smile And lovely - Munich is of Oktoberfest is Prague.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:02 pm

Back to romsey again today. the son has moved their, trying to get his shit together. I told him changing address doesn't do a damn thing unless the people doing the moving also do some changing. We'll see what happens, he has an opportunity, I hope he takes it.

Other than that, bloody nice weather, finished tiling the kitchen bench and grouted it this arvo.

The daughters BF has lost his licence for 4 months. Bit of a bullshit scenario, but it's done. He's picked up a bicycle fitted with a 2 stroke motor to use to get to work. It's actually quite good, I had a quick go on it this morning.

Basically, no gears. You pull in the clutch and start pedalling. It has a pin that holds the clutch in so you can just ride it like a standard pushie if you want. To start the motor, slowly let out the clutch and you're basically roll starting it. Then accelerate. Very nice little toy, gets moving OK.

Apparently it's all legal provided the motor is less than 50cc and it's not a permanent connection, it needs to be a bicycle that you can pedal and then bring in the assistance.

I might have to buy one. I could take it down beach road and wipe out some dickheads, while on a bike. Razz

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:11 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Back to romsey again today. the son has moved their, trying to get his shit together. I told him changing address doesn't do a damn thing unless the people doing the moving also do some changing. We'll see what happens, he has an opportunity, I hope he takes it.

Other than that, bloody nice weather, finished tiling the kitchen bench and grouted it this arvo.

The daughters BF has lost his licence for 4 months. Bit of a bullshit scenario, but it's done. He's picked up a bicycle fitted with a 2 stroke motor to use to get to work. It's actually quite good, I had a quick go on it this morning.

Basically, no gears. You pull in the clutch and start pedalling. It has a pin that holds the clutch in so you can just ride it like a standard pushie if you want. To start the motor, slowly let out the clutch and you're basically roll starting it. Then accelerate. Very nice little toy, gets moving OK.

Apparently it's all legal provided the motor is less than 50cc and it's not a permanent connection, it needs to be a bicycle that you can pedal and then bring in the assistance.

I might have to buy one. I could take it down beach road and wipe out some dickheads, while on a bike. Razz

Hehehe

I could use one of those, was a bit Knackered by the time I got down the pier, but you still gotta peddle home!

Have you used the bench paint stuff yet? Interested to see how that comes out.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:19 pm

Nah, not yet. When I do use the bench paint stuff I'll take some before and after photos.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 527, 528, 529 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 528 of 866   

Jump to: