Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 526, 527, 528 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

3.14159 wrote:
Told the missus I was done pushing the mower and vowed I wouldn't do it (the mowing) till she got me ride-on.

I should have kept my mouth shut!

Ha. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Happy today, had a day off work, did a bit in the garden, went and had a look at cars with the daughter (she's thinking of updating) couple of trips to bunnings, tiled half a cupboard, put together a flatpack cupboard to sit the printer on and did a couple of loads of washing.

Why does the daughter reckon I'd go nuts with boredom if I retired from work? I had a nice relaxing time fizzing round, spending money,,,,,,,,,,,,, oh.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:28 pm

stui magpie wrote:
3.14159 wrote:
Told the missus I was done pushing the mower and vowed I wouldn't do it (the mowing) till she got me ride-on.

I should have kept my mouth shut!

Ha. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Happy today, had a day off work, did a bit in the garden, went and had a look at cars with the daughter (she's thinking of updating) couple of trips to bunnings, tiled half a cupboard, put together a flatpack cupboard to sit the printer on and did a couple of loads of washing.

Why does the daughter reckon I'd go nuts with boredom if I retired from work? I had a nice relaxing time fizzing round, spending money,,,,,,,,,,,,, oh.

Why are you tiling a cupboard?

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:34 pm

Kitchen cupboard, top is buggered, decided to tile it so it doesn't get chopped up so much. Keeping the other stuff for the bench tops either side of the sink.

Doing it in black and white checkerboard style.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:04 pm

Ah, the other stuff being the paint stuff?
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:17 pm

Yup.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:26 pm

C'mon North!
ronrat 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:17 pm

Yesterday I completed and posted off my request for superannuation payments effective early october. Handed in my lease termination notice. I also applied for a new passport and in a few weeks a Non immigration 6 month visa for the Kingdom of Thailand (which I will convert to a retirement visa). Laughing Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:02 pm

At least one Aussie company is standing up to the bullies.

http://www.dicksmithfoods.com.au/media/news/muslim-branding-our-food
Quote:
We have received a number of letters from people asking if we will be putting the Muslim Halal logo on our food.

To acquire Halal certification, payment is required to the endorsing body and involves a number of site inspections of both our growers and processors in order to ensure that our practices comply with the conditions of Halal certification. It is important to note that this does not reflect the quality of the food being processed or sold – it only means that the products are approved as being prepared in accordance with the traditions of the Muslim faith.

We are aware of an increasing number of large companies both in Australia and overseas, such as Kraft and Cadbury, who have obtained accreditation to use the Halal logo. We don’t believe they have done this because of any religious commitment but rather for purely commercial reasons. Perhaps these large organisations can afford to do this. While we have a choice however, we would prefer to avoid unnecessarily increasing the cost of our products in order to pay for Halal accreditation when this money would be better spent continuing to support important charitable causes where assistance is greatly needed.

We point out that we have never been asked to put a Christian symbol (or any other religious symbol) on our food requiring that we send money to a Christian organisation for the right to do so.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:16 pm

Enjoying the weather, had a nice little drive to Romsey and back, wander round the town and lunch at the pub. .
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:20 pm

What happened to it?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:38 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Enjoying the weather, had a nice little drive to Romsey and back, wander round the town and lunch at the pub. .

It's a nice little town, my sisters live just up the road

Slept in today, not used to early morning starts, and haven't switched my body clock properly yet. Cait brought me brekky in bed at 9.30, got up about 10.30 and hit the gym for an hour and a half. Paperwork til 3. Then it was housework time. Decided, **** it! Went and laid on a lounger and fell asleep in the sun for nearly 2 hours! Cooked a BBQ dinner, cleaned the kitchen, time to sit back and watch the footy. The dust bunnies can wait!

Cheers!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:07 pm

1061 wrote:

Quote:
We have received a number of letters from people asking if we will be putting the Muslim Halal logo on our food.

To acquire Halal certification, payment is required to the endorsing body and involves a number of site inspections of both our growers and processors in order to ensure that our practices comply with the conditions of Halal certification. It is important to note that this does not reflect the quality of the food being processed or sold – it only means that the products are approved as being prepared in accordance with the traditions of the Muslim faith.

We are aware of an increasing number of large companies both in Australia and overseas, such as Kraft and Cadbury, who have obtained accreditation to use the Halal logo. We don’t believe they have done this because of any religious commitment but rather for purely commercial reasons. Perhaps these large organisations can afford to do this. While we have a choice however, we would prefer to avoid unnecessarily increasing the cost of our products in order to pay for Halal accreditation when this money would be better spent continuing to support important charitable causes where assistance is greatly needed.

We point out that we have never been asked to put a Christian symbol (or any other religious symbol) on our food requiring that we send money to a Christian organisation for the right to do so.

Their choice as a commercial entity, of course, but I don't like them making a big song and dance of this. Looks a lot like they're trying to appeal to another "section" of the community.

I suspect I'll be less likely to buy their products in future. Not impressed by this at all.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:22 pm

David wrote:
1061 wrote:

Quote:

Their choice as a commercial entity, of course, but I don't like them making a big song and dance of this. Looks a lot like they're trying to appeal to another "section" of the community.

I suspect I'll be less likely to buy their products in future. Not impressed by this at all.

Bollocks! A big song and dance is made of " halal" certification ( good money spinner for some) why shouldn't they be able to say no and come out and explain their position?

" another section" - that would be us who could give a flying fat rats clacker if our peanut butter is Halal - I prefer to buy made in Australia - not because I am " another section of the community" but because it supports our farmers and employment for Australians!

And even if they are so bloody what - if you are not of Muslim faith why should or would you care about Halal certification? Or are you suggesting that those who don't are that racist bigoted " other section"?

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:02 pm

I'd be fine if a company decided not to opt for Halal certification for financial reasons. I'd also be fine if they wrote a statement aimed at the Muslim community explaining their reasons.

I don't think this press release was aimed at the Muslim community.

(Oh, by the way, there's no reason why Halal and Made in Australia should be incompatible. Plenty of Halal products are made here.)

Last edited by David on Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:07 pm

I found a channel that is showing the footy live.
#SIDEBYSIDE
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 526, 527, 528 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 527 of 866   

Jump to: