Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 485, 486, 487 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
Perhaps I'll be there too! Would be good to see us beat the Blues in person. Smile

David, I've got a spare ticket and seat in the Ponsford if you want to come. It's within spitting distance of John Wren and 24 steps to the Square Leg bar.

In the spirit of supporting the recently and unfairly unemployed I offer this experience for free.

Stui, Jezza, TP and John Wren have also jumped on board with the offer of a free mid strength beer in each quarter.

If any other fellow Nicksters can come forth and pony up a 4 & 20 or chips we can give David the night he deserves.
Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:47 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Where do you do an Archery course?

I've been thinking of joining a shooting club and buying a gun but Archery would be something i'd like to have a go at.

If you think you can handle it, try the society for creative anachronists. They're the people who dress up like it's the middle ages and go at each other with swords. Sadly I know a few people who are really into that stuff.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:54 pm

5150 wrote:
David wrote:
Perhaps I'll be there too! Would be good to see us beat the Blues in person. Smile

David, I've got a spare ticket and seat in the Ponsford if you want to come. It's within spitting distance of John Wren and 24 steps to the Square Leg bar.

In the spirit of supporting the recently and unfairly unemployed I offer this experience for free.

Stui, Jezza, TP and John Wren have also jumped on board with the offer of a free mid strength beer in each quarter.

If any other fellow Nicksters can come forth and pony up a 4 & 20 or chips we can give David the night he deserves.

so we having a party??

jezza, what do you look like?

I nearly ruined poor Stuis hearing last week!

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 11:24 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Wokko wrote:
Made it through my Brazilian Jiu Jitsu class without feeling like having a spew for the first time since making my comeback. Also graduated to the next distance in my archery course for next week, i'm a bit of a natural.

Haven't felt too happy or proud about much for a while, so small things will do at the moment.

I've been thinking of joining a shooting club and buying a gun but Archery would be something i'd like to have a go at.

Geelong Archers assoc, they shoot at Deakin University. It's great fun and unlike a firearm also requires strength and physicality. Bodies of English Bowmen in the middle ages have been found with deformed skeletons from years of archery practice pulling back their 100lb+ longbows everyday. Laughing Poor buggers.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 11:38 pm

Nick - Pie Man wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

If you think you can handle it, try the society for creative anachronists. They're the people who dress up like it's the middle ages and go at each other with swords. Sadly I know a few people who are really into that stuff.

Oh man that sounds like fun

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 1:15 am

Hmmm .. I used to have a customer who ran a historical tourist house here in Ballarat. It was a beautiful old house, sort of a museum really, and tourists would go there a busload at a time, pay a few dollars to go in, look around, and spend a few more dollars on souvenirs and curios. Naturally, the staff all wore 1850s styles as part of the experience. For the women, this meant fancy hats and those vast floor-length dresses with frilly bits everywhere.

Anyway, my customer (who owned and ran the place) ducked up to my shop one day for something to do with her computer. She was on her lunch break so she didn't bother changing out of her costume, just hopped into the van and drove the half-mile over to see me.

While she was here, I introduced her to my assistant manager, the way you introduce any important customer to your staff. I mentioned the name of her business, not thinking that it might not mean anything to my Queensland-born assistant. We chatted for a while, then she went back ready for the next busload of tourists.

"Oh, I'm glad you've met Janet", I said.

"Yes, she seems nice", the assistant manager replied.

There was a pause.

"Ahh ... does she always dress like that?"

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 1:16 am

What happened to it?
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 1:47 am

Today was the 'Get Active' thing at Amnesty International, plus was invited in to meet the person who will be my boss with the media stuff. So we talked about stuff they're happy with the radio stuff I've done so it appears to be official I'm doing the Human Rights Matter show, got another show approved.

I was also made producer of the AFL/Local footy show, apparently they had a few people interested in the radio show but no one signed on to do it. All this information being thrown around is pretty intense.

A bit of worry going in but I think it's going to do my media career a lot of good. Smile

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:19 am

Tannin wrote:
Hmmm .. I used to have a customer who ran a historical tourist house here in Ballarat. It was a beautiful old house, sort of a museum really, and tourists would go there a busload at a time, pay a few dollars to go in, look around, and spend a few more dollars on souvenirs and curios. Naturally, the staff all wore 1850s styles as part of the experience. For the women, this meant fancy hats and those vast floor-length dresses with frilly bits everywhere.

Anyway, my customer (who owned and ran the place) ducked up to my shop one day for something to do with her computer. She was on her lunch break so she didn't bother changing out of her costume, just hopped into the van and drove the half-mile over to see me.

While she was here, I introduced her to my assistant manager, the way you introduce any important customer to your staff. I mentioned the name of her business, not thinking that it might not mean anything to my Queensland-born assistant. We chatted for a while, then she went back ready for the next busload of tourists.

"Oh, I'm glad you've met Janet", I said.

"Yes, she seems nice", the assistant manager replied.

There was a pause.

"Ahh ... does she always dress like that?"

Hehehe, that's funny! I'd love to try that stuff on!

And well done Proto Wink

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 6:04 pm

think positive wrote:
5150 wrote:
David wrote:

so we having a party??

jezza, what do you look like?

I nearly ruined poor Stuis hearing last week!

LOL I'll come to the Square Leg Bar at half-time.

If Stui is there I think I should recognise him. It'll be good to put a face to a name with fellow Nicksters.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 7:01 pm

^

I'm not coming tonight, the heater and the flat screen are much more inviting than getting changed and getting the train into the G.

partypie 

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:52 pm

My 91 year old mother surviving surgery today - awake in time to see the Pies win. Hoping seeing Daisy in a Blues jumper didn't confuse her too much.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 11:19 am

partypie wrote:
My 91 year old mother surviving surgery today - awake in time to see the Pies win. Hoping seeing Daisy in a Blues jumper didn't confuse her too much.

That's fantastic news mate, so happy for you xxx

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 1:31 pm

No wonder I couldn't find you Stui as well as TP at the Square Leg Bar last night.

Great news partypie Smile

partypie 

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 2:38 pm

think positive wrote:
partypie wrote:

That's fantastic news mate, so happy for you xxx

Thanks, she's a tough one of the old school, hope I've got lots of her genes!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 485, 486, 487 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 486 of 866   

Jump to: