Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 357, 358, 359 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:11 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

5150 wrote:
mandy wrote:
Hypnotherapy.

Cluck like a chicken.

Day 19, well done cranky bum!

well done, should be proud of yourself, Mandy.

(we had a hypnotist on the cruise, no i did not volenteer!

he was awesome, simply amazing!)

im a believer!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:15 pm

watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:
Watched Miami Heat and LeBron James play tonight at heat stadium!

Awesome, just awesome.

Having a good time TP? sounds like it.

Kids with you?

Yep, the eldest heads home in a week and a half, but is now glad she came ( ihadto beg her!)

We are off for a cruise around the Bahamas tomorrow, wifi cost an arm and a leg, so we won't be using it!

She may change her mind then when she can't talk to the boyfriend!

Are you back home?

How was your trip?

Ha ha.

We are in Hong Kong currently as this is being typed in the members lounge of sort of flash Hotel.

After 9 days ( 2 in singapore & 7 in Thailand met up with youngest & a friend of hers in Vietnam. Had 10 days there & having 3 nights in HK. Shopping & eating. Did I mention eating?

Tomorrow off to Singapore for 2 days before back to melb.

Have booked a lunch at the hotel who do a great Dim Sum according to trip advisor. Did I mention eating?

Have been eating at local eateries with an absence of english & a glut of offal & meat made in the master stock for soups & other dishes etc. Shocked Cool

Some have been a taste distaster but mostly have been great. I've been eating a lot of different types of mushrooms that I haven't tried before & all sorts...

We are having a ball so far. Should have added an extra week to the hols.

Have a good one TP your trip sounds great.

(getting a bit sick of the relentless christmas musac that one hears everwhere this time of year)

Embarassed i bought a griswald type christmas jumper at walmart today, to wear in vegas!!!

im loving it!!

mushrooms hey?? should have bought you a bahamas t!! so laid back that place!!

got off the ship this morning about 8, drove up to Cocoa beach, yep dreaming of genie!

off to the kennedy space centre tomorrow, then disneyworld! im a big kid at heaRT!

enjoy therest of your trip, you can rest when you get home!!! Wink

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:43 pm

Kennedy space station today, amazing place.

A rocket garden, with actual fired rockets.

The actual recovery pod from Apollo 13.

Disney for adults! (read hubby) now we are at disneyworld for kids, ( read the other three of us!)

This is the best Xmas, no stress!

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:25 pm

Kennedy Space centre eh?

NOW I'M REALLY JEALOUS!!!
Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:12 pm

Internet at home. Hooray Smile
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:10 pm

3.14159...etc wrote:
Kennedy Space centre eh?

Haha, when I get home on a decent Internet connection, I'll send you pics!

We all really enjoyed it, got teary at times.

I even got to touch a piece of the moon!

At Disney now, it's amazing, the service you get is incredible! I met some grand parents on a ( free) bus who have been here 17 times, 3 this year, and only once with the grand kids!

I got the best deal, including sit down meals at restraunts like planet Hollywood, it's truly amazing And exhausting!

How's the shop coming on?

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:23 pm

I' look forward to the photos.

The shop?
I did some research and decided this town is too small for nursery and the time demands just too great. I've been making good money selling firewood and doing odd jobs. Barb just can't be there often enough (she's doing 5 daes a week now) & the markets are being kind to us so we've put the idea on the back burner till the figures start to add-up.

The woman who runs the bookshop in the front of the shop has given me a part-time job filling in when she can't be there.
All good.

Sounds like your having a great time in the land of the Septics..
Daughter still wanna jump ship?
If she does, she's mad.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:28 pm

3.14159...etc wrote:
I' look forward to the photos.

The shop?
I did some research and decided this town is too small for nursery and the time demands just too great. I've been making good money selling firewood and doing odd jobs. Barb just can't be there often enough (she's doing 5 daes a week now) & the markets are being kind to us so we've put the idea on the back burner till the figures start to add-up.

The woman who runs the bookshop in the front of the shop has given me a part-time job filling in when she can't be there.
All good.

Daughter still wanna jump ship?
If she does, she's mad.

Hey that's great, and sensible, no point stretching yourself to far, too stressful, sounds good. Love to barb.

And yes, she is heading home Tuesday! And yes I think she regrets it a bit now, but it can't be changed! I just hope she doesn't get lost as she has to stop in San Francisco, then Sydney! And that peroxide has left a hole"

Cheers!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:52 pm

Had a great xmas day with the family, my two kids were up, I got mum organised in the kitchen so everything was under control and she got to spend plenty of timesitting and chatting instead of in the kitchen.

Even finished the day with a game of street cricket. Very Happy

Then today up early, went for a walk and swim (river was fkn cold). then the boy and I did some repairs to mums gazebo. $40 and 30 minutes rather than the hundreds she was quoted.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:21 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Had a great xmas day with the family, my two kids were up, I got mum organised in the kitchen so everything was under control and she got to spend plenty of timesitting and chatting instead of in the kitchen.

Even finished the day with a game of street cricket. Very Happy

Then today up early, went for a walk and swim (river was fkn cold). then the boy and I did some repairs to mums gazebo. $40 and 30 minutes rather than the hundreds she was quoted.

Great stuff , Stui, happy your mum has you all there Smile

I'm happy it's our last night in Vegas, it's too grotty for my taste! Off to Barstow tomorrow for shopping, then to a marina just around the corner from Venice beach. Spend a day walking to the Santa monica pier, then fly home Friday.

Be great to be back in my own bed!

Cheers!

Brenny 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:24 pm

think positive wrote:
3.14159...etc wrote:
Kennedy Space centre eh?

At Disney now, it's amazing, the service you get is incredible! I met some grand parents on a ( free) bus who have been here 17 times, 3 this year, and only once with the grand kids!

I got the best deal, including sit down meals at restraunts like planet Hollywood, it's truly amazing And exhausting!

How awesome is the space centre! Possibly the best thing I saw in the USA... well that and an Elvis wedding.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:02 pm

Brenny wrote:
think positive wrote:
3.14159...etc wrote:
Kennedy Space centre eh?

How awesome is the space centre! Possibly the best thing I saw in the USA... well that and an Elvis wedding.

Yep, loved it! All those rockets when you walk in! Going to the launch pad.

There was a rocket scheduled for lift off at Patrick air base the day we were there, but it was delayed unfortunately Sad

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:43 pm

Awesome stuff TP. America is an awesome place.

I agree with you about Vegas. I personally believe it's overrated and it's not as good as everyone made it out to be. It's ok to visit for 1 or 2 days, but any longer and it begins to be boring for tourists.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:16 pm

Back on night shift after 5.5 weeks leave. Worked 24, 25& tonight! On christmas day went to sleep & my wife, yougest daughter & MIL going to rel's place in Montrose for X'mas. Just before they left my 92 yr old father who lives next door said he was short of breath & asked my wife to get me to take him to hospital.

Woken after 2 hours solid sleep (somewhere b/n Gina Lolobrigida & a young Natasha Kinsky - but that's another matter) woken startled, showered went to dad's with my wife & called the paramedics. He was feeling a bit better by the time they arrived.

They took tests etc & had zero issues with all the tests, heart rate good, Blood pressure good, oxygen levels good, no swollen ankles etc, no pain, good colour, they walked him with monitors on for about 50 meters down the street all excellent. Spent nearly an hour if not more with him.

They asked him if he sees a cardiologist & he said he used to but the cardioligist died, he added of a heart attack! Said he has lost 2 cardiologist to cardiac issues & all they ever did was give him an annual "stress test" & charge like wounded bull. The paramedics were cracking up at this time Very Happy

He stretches & does his weights for 1.5 hours every day & walks 4 km's x 2 every day (slowly & if he is feeling short of breath just stops then gets going again) , plays bowls x2 most weeks. Has been doing this for many many years.

They felt they had zero to report to an ED & it was his call whether to go to an ED.

He thought he would have to go to a nursing home, would lose his license - he drives 1 km to bowls, the shops, etc never at night - his anxiety about this added to the shortness of breath. He decided not to go to the ED.

I knew he had some valium in the cupboard so advised him to take one before bed - (he only takes one tablet of thryroxine normallly) I wasn't going to check the use by date i reckon over 20 years old at a guess!

Well the great news is that he had a wondeful sleep last night & feels terrific today!!

That pavement gunna take some more pounding yet.

Gunna research personal alarms I don't know how he'd cope with a mobile phone - there's some cognitive issues but his strict routine & structured life keep him sane - (might drive the rest of us insane Very Happy Wink Very Happy ). A collingwood supporter too since arriving in Australia in 1949/50.

laird 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:05 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Back on night shift after 5.5 weeks leave. Worked 24, 25& tonight! On christmas day went to sleep & my wife, yougest daughter & MIL going to rel's place in Montrose for X'mas. Just before they left my 92 yr old father who lives next door said he was short of breath & asked my wife to get me to take him to hospital.

Woken after 2 hours solid sleep (somewhere b/n Gina Lolobrigida & a young Natasha Kinsky - but that's another matter) woken startled, showered went to dad's with my wife & called the paramedics. He was feeling a bit better by the time they arrived.

They took tests etc & had zero issues with all the tests, heart rate good, Blood pressure good, oxygen levels good, no swollen ankles etc, no pain, good colour, they walked him with monitors on for about 50 meters down the street all excellent. Spent nearly an hour if not more with him.

They asked him if he sees a cardiologist & he said he used to but the cardioligist died, he added of a heart attack! Said he has lost 2 cardiologist to cardiac issues & all they ever did was give him an annual "stress test" & charge like wounded bull. The paramedics were cracking up at this time Very Happy

He stretches & does his weights for 1.5 hours every day & walks 4 km's x 2 every day (slowly & if he is feeling short of breath just stops then gets going again) , plays bowls x2 most weeks. Has been doing this for many many years.

They felt they had zero to report to an ED & it was his call whether to go to an ED.

He thought he would have to go to a nursing home, would lose his license - he drives 1 km to bowls, the shops, etc never at night - his anxiety about this added to the shortness of breath. He decided not to go to the ED.

I knew he had some valium in the cupboard so advised him to take one before bed - (he only takes one tablet of thryroxine normallly) I wasn't going to check the use by date i reckon over 20 years old at a guess!

Well the great news is that he had a wondeful sleep last night & feels terrific today!!

That pavement gunna take some more pounding yet.

Gunna research personal alarms I don't know how he'd cope with a mobile phone - there's some cognitive issues but his strict routine & structured life keep him sane - (might drive the rest of us insane Very Happy Wink Very Happy ). A collingwood supporter too since arriving in Australia in 1949/50.

Good news with your dad mate Smile

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 357, 358, 359 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 358 of 866   

Jump to: