Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 848, 849, 850 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy New Year and Decade to everyone! Smile
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:23 pm

Happy New Year Jezza and to everyone else! Stay safe and enjoy

And GO PIES!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:32 pm

Worked 1:30 pm yesterday to 10:pm. Then worked thru night shift 10pm to 7:30 this morning. Got home, ate ,slept 4 hrs, back to work tonight from 5:30pm to 10pm (4 hrs) but get paid for the 8 hr shift. Now 2 days off 😃.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:33 pm

Have a happy, safe and healthy new year.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:03 pm

One more sleep and I'm outa here!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:35 pm

After the overtime night shift and more went for a 75km ride today to Franga and back. Should have done it at 5:30 when I woke up having nearly forgotton to take the bins out. Unfortunately after doing the bins I went back to bed: tired. Got up at 1000, liubed the bike, pumped the tyres and went for a "nice ride"

No bicycle trains today. On my own although there were a few cyclitst on the roads and a few dickhead drivers (only one or two) which I haven't had in ages & you generally don't get very early in the morning. Bit of a head wind (South West which became West) so a bit of hard work getting there but mostly nice coming back. Stopped for a coffee at Mordy on the way back.

I feel happy. Now what to cook for vegetarian Mrs WPT for tea tonight as she is working today and tomorrow?

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:10 pm

Figured out what to cook Mrs WPT for tea tonight:

http://www.sisterofsoul.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/SOS-Menu_st-kilda.pdf

Very nice (I did the washing up too) 😉

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:24 pm

Went for a drive to pick up a birthday present for my daughter, listening to the ABC radio. Intended to listen to the cricket but it's all bushfire coverage so I listened to that.

A oresenter was speaking to a guy from round Malacoota. He's a hunter, hunts feral deer, after after the fire had gone through an area, he thought because he's really familar with the bush he'd go out and see if there was anything he could do.

Long story short, he's rescued about 10 Koalas. Som injured and/or burnt, others just dehydrated and confused. Mainly finds them on the ground near a tree, approaches them first with water to drink, then wraps them in a blanket and takes them back to town to a wildlife shelter to care for. Doing it himself, 1 koala at a time, that's a fair commitment. Plus there's been a number of others he's left in the trees, he's climbed up to check them out and after confirming that they're no injured, are moving freely and still have food available, he's been advised to leave them alone.

So goodonya mate. Apart from the good work you also clearly made the presenters brain work as she clearly had difficulty reconciling in her brain, her mental picture of hunters against your actions.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:32 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Went for a drive to pick up a birthday present for my daughter, listening to the ABC radio. Intended to listen to the cricket but it's all bushfire coverage so I listened to that.

A oresenter was speaking to a guy from round Malacoota. He's a hunter, hunts feral deer, after after the fire had gone through an area, he thought because he's really familar with the bush he'd go out and see if there was anything he could do.

Long story short, he's rescued about 10 Koalas. Som injured and/or burnt, others just dehydrated and confused. Mainly finds them on the ground near a tree, approaches them first with water to drink, then wraps them in a blanket and takes them back to town to a wildlife shelter to care for. Doing it himself, 1 koala at a time, that's a fair commitment. Plus there's been a number of others he's left in the trees, he's climbed up to check them out and after confirming that they're no injured, are moving freely and still have food available, he's been advised to leave them alone.

So goodonya mate. Apart from the good work you also clearly made the presenters brain work as she clearly had difficulty reconciling in her brain, her mental picture of hunters against your actions.

Good on him, pity he lined the koalas up then shot them later. Wink Razz

BTW, you can listen to the cricket on Bogan radio 1116 SEN or non Bogan radio ABC Grandstand on Digital radio.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:18 pm

^

I'm watching it on bogan Foxtel. The 7 coverage is good (better than 9's) but I can't stand Tim Lame. Short trip in the Ute I just push one button to change from MMM FM to 774 AM. Wink

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:56 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

I'm watching it on bogan Foxtel. The 7 coverage is good (better than 9's) but I can't stand Tim Lame. Short trip in the Ute I just push one button to change from MMM FM to 774 AM. Wink

So you got the ABC reinstalled on ur radio?

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:19 pm

New touch screen head unit in the ute with blutooth, comes with AM radio.

Anyway, article here about the bloke I referred to, the Koala rescurer.
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/patrick-boyle-defys-cfa-warnings-to-rescue-injured-koalas-and-other-wildlife/news-story/cebac52fa6b7fb1a9d827e4c4727bfbe

Some selected quotes for those who can't get past the paywall, but if you can, have a look at the video and look at the burned bush in the background.

Quote:
A man from fire-ravaged Mallacoota is being hailed a hero for putting his life on the line to rescue injured koalas.

Patrick Boyle has been entering charred bush in the area since Wednesday and rescued at least nine koalas and other wildlife.

The 22-year-old, a hunter, said the CFA warned him not to enter the bush but he felt he needed to “desperately do something” to help the wildlife.

“I’ve rescued eight to nine of them. When I find them I approach them really quietly, then give them some water – after they’ve had a drink I then wrap them in a blanket and get them to the rescue shelter,” Mr Boyle told the Sunday Herald Sun.

“I’ve also found at least 15 to 20 dead koalas but on the bright side there’s been at least 20 healthy ones I’ve found on top of trees.

“Hunters are usually seen as the bad guys – but we understand the conditions in the bush and we’re passionate about it.”

A guy who spends his time out in the middle of the bush hunting deer would have a pretty good understanding of the condition of the bush.

Quote:
Mr Boyle said the catastrophic fires had brought the community together.

“It really shows who steps up and gets in to do what they can – the ones who have lost the most are the ones who are helping others the most.”

He said he had chosen to stay in Mallacoota as he felt the real danger was over.

“Most of us knew this was coming for years as there’s been no fuel reduction burns.

“It’s not a shock – the bushfire threat has come and gone now and we’re watering our houses and gardens to stay prepared.”

Mr Boyle said he was appealing for donations to the Mallacoota wildlife shelter and the town’s official support fund.

“The shelter has minimal resources and needs all the help it can get. I really thank them and the wider community for their efforts.”

There's still tree canopy surviving with live healthy Koalas in it, the ground is covered in ash and the tree trunks are mostly black to between 1 - 1.5 metres. A ground fuel fire. Get some rain on that and it is amazing how quickly it will regenerate, the trick now will be to encourage the native vegetation and constantly clear the rubbish that makes fuel.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:44 pm

great post Stui and well done to Koala guy!

This is it for me, saving the bush, and the wildlife. through sensible management, im not bothered about the property losses, People choose to put themselves in vulnerable positions, and dont follow the guidelines re building, re clearing, as for increasing the BAL ratings, pfff, people wont do it or stick to it. apparently it costs to much! How much is their life worth?

People who risk staying to save the house are just stupid, no-thing is worth it. Get the hell out and dont put the lives of fire fighters at risk.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:46 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Figured out what to cook Mrs WPT for tea tonight:

http://www.sisterofsoul.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/SOS-Menu_st-kilda.pdf

Very nice (I did the washing up too) 😉

lol! and yum!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:50 pm

The son is seeing a chick. She started a social media food raiser for the bushfires and got good traction, more than expected. Got donations of stuff from Costco and a bunch of other places, so the son came over tonight to borrow the Crewman ute so they can take all the stuff to some place near lilydale tomorrow.

First impressions, I could warm to this one.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 848, 849, 850 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 849 of 866   

Jump to: