Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 847, 848, 849 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
Watcha cooking and what tips you need?

Hubby has the meat sorted, I just have to do a couple of salads and peel chop veggies, I just want to know how to do that without actually doing it! Lol!

I always read through your recipes in the what’s for dinner thread and go mmmm that’s sounds great, I read cook books and think the same thing. I just don’t actually want to participate til it comes to the eating!

Yesterday I did it all on my own, cleaned the house, went shopping, got the chicken ready for the BBQ , cleaned the BBQ, made salads, cooked roast potatoes and veggies, and very badly decorated a birthday cake for my sisters, so that’s one family done, all 6 of us, I’ve got about 20 - 25 tomorrow of hubbies side! Ugh

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:22 pm

hah,

Don't peel the veges, tell people the skin is the most nutritious part. Wink

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:14 pm

Hehe! I try that on hubby, but he’s old school, it’s taken me 26 years to get him to eat crunchy veggies!

Problem solved - I walked up the road to visit/check on 2 ladies, a mother and daughter, the husband used to walk around the block and I’d see him every day, and he would say to me , oh Jo what about your Pieshey! He was one of 2 people I was really happy for when the doggies won! So yeah, went and had a chat and a cuppa for half an hour, turned into an hour, they talk me under the table! Came back and hubby is just finishing the pumpkin! Potatoes all chopped! Yippeee Kiya motherf&@ker to quote my favourite Christmas movie! Cheers

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:41 pm

Hah,

Well, I'm all done. everything cooked, just got to carve the meat tomorrow, then I can set the oven on low and whack the metal bain marie trays in the oven to let them reheat. Spuds, Tomato & onion pie and the pork crackle I'll reheat in the air fryer.

Very Happy

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:26 pm

Our Xmas menu...

BREAKFAST

• Eggs Benedict/Eggs Florentine • Roast Field Mushrooms filled with Sundried Tomato & Roast Peppers • Smoked Salmon Omelettes • Roast Tomatoes stuffed with Cheese & Herb Rice • Honey Glazed Ham Steaks • Assorted Danish Pastries • Poached/Scrambled/Fried Eggs • Hash Browns • Spaghetti/Baked Beans • Braised Steak & Onions • Fruit Display • Bacon / Chicken Sausages

DINNER

Entrée Rich Roast Tomato Chorizo Soup with Herb & Garlic Croutons Caesar Salad Station Cured Meat, Cheese & Antipasto Table Oysters /King Prawns Marinated Mussels/ Blue Swimmer Crabs Marinated Octopus

Main Glazed Ham on the Bone with Pineapple & Mint Spiced Glazed Roast Turkey Oregano & Basil Crusted Scotch Fillet with Confit Cherry Tomatoes Served With Olive Bread Loaf Baked Whole Snapper with Chilli Lime & Coriander Salsa

Vegetarian Vegan mushroom wellington Roasted Pumpkin Mac & Cheese

Sides Roast Potato Steamed Minted Potatoes Steamed Baby Carrots with Honey Butter 3 Cheese Cauliflower Bake Sauté Brussel Sprouts with Fried Onion & Bacon Baked Pumpkin with Rosemary & Garlic Almond Tossed Broccoli

Desserts Steamed Xmas Pudding with Brandy Custard Mini Fruit Tarts White Chocolate & Vanilla Pana Cotta Traditional Apple Strudel Double Chocolate Yule Log Croquembouche Sherry Trifle Aussie Pavlova with Fresh Strawberries & Kiwi Fruit Macaroons

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:21 am

Mrs WPT & the youngest have been cooking preparing for the last 1-2 days with Mrs WPT assisting the oldest who’s cooking/preparing for her BF & his family.

Christmas cakes, shortbread bikkies, home made cheesecake with passionfruit/mango ontop, another cake with nectarine / almond meal, and salads of enormous varieties. This is to be taken over to Mrs WPT’s nephew’s place in Mt Evelyn where I’ll join them after work today (if I get off on time) where the carnivores will be provided for

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:04 am

The Port Maquarie Koala Hospital’s “ Go Fund Me” campaign set out to raise $25,000. To date is has raised over 2 million dollars. Fantastic effort.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-thirsty-koalas-devastated-by-recent-fires

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:14 pm

watt price tully wrote:
The Port Maquarie Koala Hospital’s “ Go Fund Me” campaign set out to raise $25,000. To date is has raised over 2 million dollars. Fantastic effort.

Great! 10 Koalas all driving BMWs. Wink
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:09 pm

watt price tully wrote:

that really is fantastic, both my daughter and i donated, just a brilliant cause

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:14 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Great! 10 Koalas all driving BMWs. Wink

Only 8, the rest pays for their chauffeurs. On the other hand, how many bottles of veuve clicquot can you get for $200k? That should cure their thirst.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:16 am

think positive wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

that really is fantastic, both my daughter and i donated, just a brilliant cause

Same here,donations from our family.

They’re doing fantastic stuff for koalas and other wildlife

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:22 am

Over 40 here in Toc yesterday, already 30 at 8am.

Geez I'm happy I bought that portable air con, just did enough to make the bedrooms habitable

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:17 pm

Been over 40 every day. Having grown up with this I've acclimatised reasonably quickly.

Got the whipper snipper out this morning, over 30 at 9am but a tad overcast and enough of a westerly to prevent melting. After yard work waled down to the beack and swamback tothe boat ramp. Then made brunch, a variation on the ham, cheese and tomato toastie.

Pan fry 2 thick slices of leftover Xmas ham and a handfull of cherrry tomatoes and make 2 sl8ces of toast. Put the ham slices onthe buttered toast, arrange cherry tomatoes ontop, season with salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce, top with sliced tastycheese, eat with a cup of tea and glass of Orange juice. Yum

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:20 am

Have been excercising a bit recently but resting today (while working)

Boxing day rode 75 km's to Frankston and back
Friday swam a km
Saturday full on spin calls: pushed myself then swam a km before work
Sunday: yesterday: Rode 75 km's & did a PB. Averaged 29.15 km's for the 75 km's to Frankston and back (which includes stopping at traffic lights, slowing down at roundabouts etc).Really knackered before work yesterday so not doing anything today before work. Got to a maximum of over 48km's yesterday. There was barely a breath of wind and the bay was like glass - it was so still at 7.am.

A group of about 12 riders passed me at Brighton so I foolishly joined them and they were too strong for me & burnt me off by Mordialloc. they were motoring and while stuggling I managed to keep up till then. Not sure if it's between the ears but it was great to do as there a few surges and small hills to Mordy but flat way after that to Frankston

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:19 pm

ugh, WPT!!! thats nuts, sore nuts ill bet!!!

cant wait to hear your new years fitness resolution!!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 847, 848, 849 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 848 of 866   

Jump to: