Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 843, 844, 845 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Energy levels up a bit this week but having issues with the lower back, mainly right glute, impacting felling in the leg.

Got out to the shed yesterday and got on the pilates machine did some exercises that work the core and rock the pelvis, felt a lot better.

Doubled up today, after giving the back lawn a trim with the new (2nd hand) push mower (no motor, no batteries, all manual power) which got a sweat up went in the shed and did another session.

Stomach muscles feel like I've been punched but legs feel better so I'll take it. Very Happy

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:30 pm

thats good - um, your pilates machine, is it extendable? i had one, it was little!! the mind boggles!!!

So my FIL is past the stage now where he can stay the night, so i got my little studio space back. (bad news for him though...) ive got 2 lots of littlies ive never met coming over later this week for pics, which im quite excited and a little nervous about!

David, Stui, anyone else with littlies, whats in for music for toddlers now? 2 are just babies, the other two are 4 and 6. i tried to buy a cd today, and big w didnt have any!!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:02 pm

The Wiggles are still the kings of that genre, I'm sorry to report! Ingmar thinks this song is great: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk_Jqe6oPpc
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:29 pm

ah cool, i still like the wiggles!
my kids are so old David, we paid $5 to go see the wiggles, and us parents whinged because we had to pay for us too! we saw them at the council hall, a couple of times!!! now it costs heaps!!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:42 pm

Oh yeah, I couldn't believe that! Went to a Play School concert a couple of years back and had to fork out $50; they should be paying us to be there! Evil or Very Mad
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:23 pm

The pilates machine isn't extendable but it's not small. I'm basically doing 1 leg squats on an incline, with weights added to make it tougher.

Music for kids? Here's some of Sharknado's favourites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mjlM_RnsVE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGcsIdGOuZY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7qovpFAGrQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiqZciMfZIg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9VFg44H2z8&list=RD1mjlM_RnsVE&index=7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XaS93WMRQQ&list=RD1mjlM_RnsVE&index=9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMCfSjF_vSg&list=RD1mjlM_RnsVE&index=2

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:50 pm

Ok then! Scary titles!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:53 pm

Kid surfs youtube, recognises the songs he likes by the icon and demands I play them here while he sings along and plays guitar. Laughing
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:38 am

Precinct Travel (formerly Pie in the Sky travel) made me happy.. using them to book my trip to Vegas to see Robbie Williams. Had been looking online for flights etc, all got too annoying so decided to try them to see what they could come up with.

I'd looked at Qantas business class flights to LA & return (hadn't worked on the Vegas part at this point) - price starting from $6500. They've got me return business Melb - LA, LA - Vegas & back for $5900.
The hotel I was looking at - Cosmopolitan, was giving me a price of around $5000 for a week (want a room with 2 queen beds & a balcony, on the strip with view of strip) They've got it for me for $3200.

If you're looking to book a holiday, definitely worth checking them out, plus whatever they make goes back to the club, not that they'd be making much I don't think. And of course if you fly Emirates you get a discount there too.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:14 pm

luvdids wrote:
Precinct Travel (formerly Pie in the Sky travel) made me happy.. using them to book my trip to Vegas to see Robbie Williams. Had been looking online for flights etc, all got too annoying so decided to try them to see what they could come up with.

I'd looked at Qantas business class flights to LA & return (hadn't worked on the Vegas part at this point) - price starting from $6500. They've got me return business Melb - LA, LA - Vegas & back for $5900.
The hotel I was looking at - Cosmopolitan, was giving me a price of around $5000 for a week (want a room with 2 queen beds & a balcony, on the strip with view of strip) They've got it for me for $3200.

If you're looking to book a holiday, definitely worth checking them out, plus whatever they make goes back to the club, not that they'd be making much I don't think. And of course if you fly Emirates you get a discount there too.

Business class eh? We'll I'm jealous, you can keep Robbie Williams though Wink Razz

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:20 pm

Picked up the new car on Monday.
Drove to Dromana yesterday (diesel so apparently you need to get some long distances in early) says to have it between 2-4000 revs. WTF? I'd be doing 120 km/hr to do that.

Had a lovely day at the Diggers Club in Dromana "Heronswood" with Mrs WPT (mancold notwithstanding)

Great place if you're into gardens and plants,

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Attraction_Review-g552161-d2691707-Reviews-Heronswood-Dromana_Mornington_Peninsula_Victoria.html

We're members of the Diggers Club (same thing basically) preserving rare varieties ans stopping multinationals from having a monopoly on seeds

(The cafe is a bit too pricey though - OK just for a coffee & tea)
https://www.diggers.com.au

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:43 pm

watt price tully wrote:
luvdids wrote:

Business class eh? We'll I'm jealous, you can keep Robbie Williams though Wink Razz

Robbie's what makes it worth it Wink
Have always dreamed about it, now thanks to a little inheritance I thought stuff it, why not. Thanks Nan xo Smile
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:31 pm

I wouldn't fly to Vegas to see Robbie but if I was there and he was performing I'd be tempted to have a look. Some of his stuff is pretty good.

I'd love to be able to justify to myself flying business class to LA, I guess the "trip of a lifetime" would do it.

The Cosmopolitan looks good. I've stayed at the Aria which is nearby and the Golden Nugget in Downtown. I actually preferred the Golden Nugget, too many stuck up rich pricks at the Aria

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:11 pm

Seeing kids playing in the park next door again.

Seems to have been ages, since my kids were young, that I've seen young kids playing in the park next door so regularly. It's great.

My "mansuite" window overlooks the park so when taking a leak I can look out. Recently there's a group of 3 or 4 young boys doing footy training, including witches hats, sprints and skills, tonight there's a group of 6+ young girls kicking a soccer ball around and a some other kids down on the basketball court.

Not a parent in sight, so they're not being dragged there, they're out being active because they want to. Love it. Very Happy

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:09 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Seeing kids playing in the park next door again.

Seems to have been ages, since my kids were young, that I've seen young kids playing in the park next door so regularly. It's great.

My "mansuite" window overlooks the park so when taking a leak I can look out. Recently there's a group of 3 or 4 young boys doing footy training, including witches hats, sprints and skills, tonight there's a group of 6+ young girls kicking a soccer ball around and a some other kids down on the basketball court.

Not a parent in sight, so they're not being dragged there, they're out being active because they want to. Love it. Very Happy

thats awesome - and part of the reason im sad the $$%^%%$ council and frank costa are chopping down the trees for houses! so rare these days, i love seeing kids playing on the rope swing - tree is still there, they chopped down the swing, bastards! dont know why they couldnt wait til the blocks are sold.

mansuite, i like that!!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 843, 844, 845 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 844 of 866   

Jump to: