Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 842, 843, 844 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, been there, done that. No desire to go back to Fremont st. Once was enough (the zip line over the mall was fun I must admit)
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:47 pm

luvdids wrote:
Yep, been there, done that. No desire to go back to Fremont st. Once was enough (the zip line over the mall was fun I must admit)

I’ll be hiding in your suitcase. Hope your airline gives you an 90kg limit.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:47 pm

You've had a leg amputated?

The zip line is fun but over rated, I love the vibe of the place, the TV screen ceiling (which has just been upgraded) and the live shows. Sitting there in the morning with a coffee and smoke, people watching is the best

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:04 pm

Quick trip up to Toc to repair the shed door the junkie cnuts kicked down.

Got an adjustable steel gate frame from bunnings, fitted that and screwed corrugated iron to it. I had the iron left over from the other shed I'd demolished.

The iron overlaps the doorway at the top and the side so you can't kick it in, you have to force it open. To (try to) prevent that, I put 2 hasps screwed into the frame and cut some slots in the corrugated iron so they poke out through it where it overlaps. A little panel beating on the iron to flatten it where the hasp pokes through and I fitted a steel cable combination bike lock through the 2 hasps rather than a padlock. You can't get to the screws on the hasps as the iron covers it and the flexible cable means there's nothing rigid to break.

Took a large chunk of Saturday but happy with the job.

The bloke I'd arranged to Mow the lawn during the week called around Saturday to get paid. I'd arranged it by text message and had NFI who the bloke was. He'd guessed who I was, he was a kid I was at school with, a year or 2 younger than me. Had a good chat and a catch up.

Back home now, did the weeks grocery shopping on the way home and because I did my washing on Friday morning before I took off, I can chill out now until it's time to cook dinner Very Happy

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:27 pm

small world! looks like a good job on that door!!

my youngest and I went to the house on friday, took the dogs, went for a nice long, well too long walk! totally knackered! all of us! then hubby arrived, just as i was about to take a nanny nap! cooked dinner and watch the elton john movie, the dogs and the kid fit right in, their first sleep over!!

Junior had to leave saturday after lunch, she was booked to take pics at a 21st (yeas she is getting paid to do it!!!) we stayed and did some work on the house. unplanned work! since the arsehole frank costa started cutting down the trees across the road, the galahs have nowhere to trim their beaks, so their next best choice turned out to be the wooden corners of the top storey, just under the gutter. Hubby caught 2 gripping the corner and gnawing the wood! so off to Bunnings for fake owls, spikes, and some reject shop snakes and a big tub of vasoline! i had got woken early by an emergency call, my dad had a fall, so i took a nap while hubby "decorated" the roof for the fricken birds! probably a good thing, i hate heights, or anyone up there while i watch! We have one of our scizzor lifts there, so he will be able to fix the damage, one corner was pretty bad!

But at least we can start to relax there now, its so peaceful! A couple pulled up in a car for a chat, they were so nice, then the lady says, "you dont remember me do you?" im pulling a blank! turns out I picked her up last year when She took a tumble, i do remember that, so that was really nice. apart from the nutjob next door, there are some terrific friendly people in the neighbourhood!

and boy is this weather making me happy! warms the bones, cheers

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:10 pm

What kind of Cockies were they? Corellas are destructive bastards, chew through wood like butter but Galah's and sulpher crested cockies usually don't. Confused
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:13 pm

think positive wrote:

my youngest and I went to the house on friday, took the dogs, went for a nice long, well too long walk! totally knackered! all of us! then hubby arrived, just as i was about to take a nanny nap! cooked dinner and watch the elton john movie, the dogs and the kid fit right in, their first sleep over!!

Junior had to leave saturday after lunch, she was booked to take pics at a 21st (yeas she is getting paid to do it!!!) we stayed and did some work on the house. unplanned work! since the arsehole frank costa started cutting down the trees across the road, the galahs have nowhere to trim their beaks, so their next best choice turned out to be the wooden corners of the top storey, just under the gutter. Hubby caught 2 gripping the corner and gnawing the wood! so off to Bunnings for fake owls, spikes, and some reject shop snakes and a big tub of vasoline! i had got woken early by an emergency call, my dad had a fall, so i took a nap while hubby "decorated" the roof for the fricken birds! probably a good thing, i hate heights, or anyone up there while i watch! We have one of our scizzor lifts there, so he will be able to fix the damage, one corner was pretty bad!

But at least we can start to relax there now, its so peaceful! A couple pulled up in a car for a chat, they were so nice, then the lady says, "you dont remember me do you?" im pulling a blank! turns out I picked her up last year when She took a tumble, i do remember that, so that was really nice. apart from the nutjob next door, there are some terrific friendly people in the neighbourhood!

I’m not quite next door - a couple of blocks away, at least. Wink
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:04 pm

stui magpie wrote:
What kind of Cockies were they? Corellas are destructive bastards, chew through wood like butter but Galah's and sulpher crested cockies usually don't. Confused

pink and grey? Rod saw them doing it! apparently if you shoo them off quickly, they will stay away, so im hoping they havent been around long! the tree was cut down last thursday. we got there friday

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:05 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
think positive wrote:

I’m not quite next door - a couple of blocks away, at least. Wink

hehe! let me know if my Jetski bothers you again!!!!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:16 pm

think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

pink and grey? Rod saw them doing it! apparently if you shoo them off quickly, they will stay away, so im hoping they havent been around long! the tree was cut down last thursday. we got there friday

Pink and Grey are Galahs

Sulpher crested cockies are big, whit and have the yellow mohawk

Corellas are white, in between size and have pink around their eyes and on the throat

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:06 pm

I like working a 4 day week, only 12 working days til 3 weeks off over Xmas Very Happy

Good day today, went to Greensie plaza, picked of some medicare claim forms for the old girl, put a pair of work shoes in for repairs, did some Christmas shopping for Sharknado, Bunnings run to buy a new whipper snipper for Toc and price lawnmowers (ouch) then home, did my washing, booked the ute in for a service and made some pickled bum nuts (eggs).

Did 2 jars, one with beetroot so the eggs will be stained purple and the other with curry, tumeric and some sliced cauliflower which will be yellow.

Once they've cooled I can whack em in the fridge where they'll apparently last weeks if not months

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:15 pm

^ first week for me on 4 days - loved getting up and knowing I didn't have to go there! Cool
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:41 pm

Good stuff. It was easy to ask for 4 days when you're unemployed, 4 days wages works a lot better than none, but dropping back when you're employed you'd feel the bite in the purse.

Enjoy. 3 day weekends are great.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:50 pm

^ Surprisingly not that much cause my hourly rate has gone up because I won't get an ADO now ( didn't know that - I know f all about that stuff) - wish I had done it years ago!!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:47 pm

Of course. I should have picked that. It would also mean your daily hours have gone down from 8 to 7.6
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 842, 843, 844 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 843 of 866   

Jump to: