Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 839, 840, 841 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I took the old girl up to Toc for the weekend. When I told her, she had her nose out of joint at first (cos she thought I was telling her what to do), then started creating problems where none existed (as usual) such as how would she coordinate catching up with her brother and her sister in law?

So got up the Friday lunchtime, left her to eat her lunch while I did the grocery shopping quickly. She was less mobile than usual so sitting was best.

Bit after 2 her brother arrived, as organised (wasn't that hard). She's 80 and he's 79. both are part deaf, both mumble a bit and both say random things that they assume you know what they are about. I had to try not to laugh kicking back listening to the conversation. he'd say something, she'd miss hear it and respond with something unrelated, he'd grab that ball and run with it on a new tangent.

Mowed and whippersnipped the whole yard and nature strips (nature strips have no concrete footpath, they're about 25x4M each, FML) then stupidly decided I'd try to render the bathroom ceiling when I was already tired. Got it all cut in and some done and retired to start drinking and read a book. In between that, took her up to her Sister in law and left her for an hour. She's pushing 90 and has 3 kids who all think that they know what's best and the other 2 don't.

Drove home today, unpacked, grocery and booze shopping for the week done, 3 loads of washing done, dinner for 6 cooking. I'm stuffed.

I wanted to take the old girl up no as this time of year is great. All the spring flowers are out and the weather is mild. She complains about Melbourne weather and reckons she preferred the weather in Toc. That's true, except for the 3-4 months of summer when it was too hot and windy and she complained constantly, the 3-4 months of winter when it was too cold and wet or dry and she complained constantly, most of spring when it was too windy and most of autumn when the yard was covered with leaves. But for at least 3-4 days per year it was perfect.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:14 pm

I have conversations like that every day! Makes life interesting!

Sounds good, go you, you good son!

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:33 pm

Survived a couple of hours on the back of old military motorcycles through the streets and nooks and cranies of Hanoi - great fun traffic is mental but somehow it works! Now sitting high in the hills of Tam Dao watching the mist roll in over the valley with a cold beer in hand - life is good! Cool
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:24 pm

Morrigu wrote:
Survived a couple of hours on the back of old military motorcycles through the streets and nooks and cranies of Hanoi - great fun traffic is mental but somehow it works! Now sitting high in the hills of Tam Dao watching the mist roll in over the valley with a cold beer in hand - life is good! Cool

Great stuff Morrigu. I love Vietnam, great place to travel & unwind.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:09 pm

back from the GP, got through with a B which I'll take.

Urine test a month or so ago came back with slightly elevated protein levels which can be a sign of kidney damage. 2nd test a couple of weeks back with a full rather than empty bladder was all clear.

Blood pressure was up and down, but I know these tablets work and I can tell when I'm doing a reading whether it will be up or down based on how I feel and the size of the little anxiety knot in the guts.

The new e cig is working and I changed from buying cigarettes I like to whatevers cheapest, which usually taste like shit so I smoke less of them and use the e cig more which saves money and is better for me.

Getting older sucks but, as the song says, every day older is one less day from dying young.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:49 am

5 day weekend Very Happy

Bout to head up to Toc, try to get the lawns mowed this arvo before the forecasted rain comes in tomorrow, spend all Saturday and Sunday up there chillin, come home Monday and don't go back to work til Wednesday

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:16 pm

Nice, enjoy! Good to see you smelling the roses.

I’m actually doing ..... nothing! And god it feels good! House is spotless paperwork done, I have til 3.30! I spent 2 days on my own at the new house, was determined to go to the beach, go for a walk, take pics, instead I worked til 10 crashed and burned and got up at 7 and did it again, came home we’d night and cleaned this joint like a mad person! I’m knackered! Hubby went yesterday to meet the A/C elec guy who didn’t turn up with the fitter when I was there! He’s coming back for stuff and me later! We bought a second hand pool table, and after I build the bar table and stools I’m damn well going to enjoy it!

The bonus view we got is disappearing today, the council and ^&*^*% frank Costa did a land swap 2 months after we settled! They are cutting trees down today apparently, they can’t take it all, some is swamp. I tried to stop it, went to a current affair, aust geographic and the endangered black cockatoo people, plus a couple of councillors but apparently 33 yellow tailed black cockatoos in one river gum doesn’t stop progress! Huh progress, so many birds, kids, dogs just people enjoying that space...it’s a damn shame but now I just have to walk a block or two!

I took a ton of pics at a friends 50th on the weekend, her mum has had some kind of stroke in the past, she doesn’t like pics, after having Bell’s palsy I get that! I did a couple of little adjustments in photoshop and they all love the pics...cheating? Or giving them back their beautiful Mum? When’s she’s gone they will have those pics, some may see it differently but I made them happy, that made me happy, cheers

Oh it was a great party, Gatsby or bogan, I wore trackies, uggs and my footy gear! Fricken awesome!!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:58 pm

Sounds good, except for the view and the cockies.

Drove up yesterday, air con in ute obviously needs a service cos it was fkn hot. I could've used the water in my drink bottle to brew tea by Shepparton.

Must have been out of whack cos the few drinks last night hit hard and i was fairly dusty this morning, but stumbled down to the foreshore market, breakfast burger and a coke helped. Got some DVDs from the market (town is full of mexican terrorists so my mobile download speed has gone from 50 to 15 mbps) and got a multi fold ladder from a garage sale for $10 on the walk home.

Started the day in shorts and a singlet sweating bullets then the arse fell out of the sky bout lunchtime, temp dropped from 27 to 17 and had a shitpile of rain.

Funniest thing I've seen for ages was 3 Galahs when the rain started pissing down, up on the power lines they'd hang upside down in the rain for a few seconds with wings outspread to get nice and wet, swing back upright, shake and repeat. Put a video of it on Facebook.

Didn't mow yesterday but I'll need to before I head home, reckon I could actually see the grass growing after the rain this arvo.

A section of kitchen bench had been bothering me, it was farked but was an odd size and replacing it would be expensive so I tiled it this arvo. Came up good.

Deciding between a T bone steak or a mini lamb roast in the bbq for dinner, with salad, meanwhile sitting inside in trackies and jacket cos it's too fkn cold outside

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:59 pm

The cockies look like they are bathing maybe? Or just having fun! Bloody air con! I stayed here tues wed for deliveries and the air con to get installed. But their sparky didn’t show so hubby came yesterday, we had it going last night, and when we turned it off it turned into a water feature! They must have connected the drain wrong! I contacted them today , oh sorry we will have to come back, so I told them yeah sure Monday or Friday is good! They don’t get paid til it’s fixed!
Had a little down time this arvo, and tomorrow going on a mussel boat trip! Port mussels are the best!

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:16 am

No more sleeps!
It's fly out day baby, 14 days off Cool

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:40 pm

Skids wrote:
No more sleeps!
It's fly out day baby, 14 days off Cool

Good one

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:42 pm

I start about 4 weeks leave more or less now. Very Happy Very Happy

Have worked my friggin' arse off.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:43 pm

watt price tully wrote:

awesome! im guessing the rest of your arse will be worn off on the bike!!

enjoy!! and dont forget the butt cream!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:29 pm

think positive wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

awesome! im guessing the rest of your arse will be worn off on the bike!!

enjoy!! and dont forget the butt cream!

Ha ha!!

Yes, just starting to dawn on me.

Work has been: unrelenting, oppressive, taxing, stressful, demanding and basically shitfull. A year ago we had a 500% increase in demand with a bare increase in resources. In the last 6 months demand has surged beyonf that. I've got leave and I need to use it or I'll be making a self-referral to the service.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:35 pm

i dont know how you do it. ive spent enough time in emergency to see some of what you deal with, and have 2 friends who work in the reception for emergency, just terrible. relax, kick back, let your mind heal a bit mate! sounds like you deserve and need it!!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 839, 840, 841 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 840 of 866   

Jump to: