Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 838, 839, 840 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Go you!!! That’s a fun arvo!

I must be a good nag hubby finally quit quitting he couldn’t take it anymore!

Or maybe it was the eldest and her grade 1 Father’s Day card “ I love you dad but don’t smok or you will die! “ it’s on the wall in his wardrobe!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:06 pm

Spent the arvo watching the smoker, keeping an eye on the temperature.

few beers, bit of time om the tablet and read some of a book. Chilled out nicely.

Kids came over, son and daughter and their brother and the grandson.

Dinner for them then, on request, I dragged the sons old cricket gear out and we all went in the park.

Concrete pitch, old compo ball. I bowled and batted well, bare feet and shorts I'm just glad I still have all my toes. I'm going to pay tomorrow though

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:02 pm

think positive wrote:
Go you!!! That’s a fun arvo!

I must be a good nag hubby finally quit quitting he couldn’t take it anymore!

Or maybe it was the eldest and her grade 1 Father’s Day card “ I love you dad but don’t smok or you will die! “ it’s on the wall in his wardrobe!

That did it for us: in primary school the oldest said you’re gunna die. Mrs WPT and I gave up about 20 years ago, cold turkey. We never smoked indoors or in a car with the kids.

One of our better decisions.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:15 pm

Mrs WPT & I took Mrs WPT senior (she with the Memory issues) to Ripponlea estate / gardens. It’s so close to our place & I haven’t been in yonks. It was great, she loved it and it got her out of the house.

Decision day about placement will rear it’s head I think in the next couple of years. So far we’re managing just.

At least I got her affairs in order by being POA. So is my brother (I’m not sure why as he does SFA: we divide our support in half, I do the 99.9% half (admittedly with Mrs WPT) and he does the 0.1% half) 🙄🤬

But a nice day today 🌞😃

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:56 pm

^ Sounds lovely - life is all about " smelling the roses" hmmm is that right if not well you know what I meant!

The ENT who did a spectacular job resecting mum's sarcoma is of Asian descent and her and mum have swapped a lot of photos of their orchids - mum has an amazing number of absolutely gorgeous orchids.

So on the way to day 8 of 10 radiotherapy we called in at her rooms as mum wanted to give her a gift - one of her orchids with several spikes bearing lovely flowers called Awesome . It was sort of funny ( but lovely) to hear my 83 yr old mum say " this orchid is called Awesome and what you did for me was Awesome"

And then she threw her arms around mum and hugged her - been in this game for 40 odd years not sure I have ever seen one as special as this one!!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:26 am

thats is special and awesome.
partypie 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:13 pm

Fantastic Morrigu!

It makes me wonder whether health professionals get much appreciation for the great work they do. I thanked the nurse manager a few years ago and she was close to tears.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:57 pm

Getting a letter in the mail today from Mrs Rinehart advising us of our Xmas Bonus (Chairmans Profit Share)... It's very generous Shocked paid on the 13th of December.
Gotta love that Iron Ore price Cool

Last edited by Skids on Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:19 pm

Morrigu wrote:
^ Sounds lovely - life is all about " smelling the roses" hmmm is that right if not well you know what I meant!

The ENT who did a spectacular job resecting mum's sarcoma is of Asian descent and her and mum have swapped a lot of photos of their orchids - mum has an amazing number of absolutely gorgeous orchids.

So on the way to day 8 of 10 radiotherapy we called in at her rooms as mum wanted to give her a gift - one of her orchids with several spikes bearing lovely flowers called Awesome . It was sort of funny ( but lovely) to hear my 83 yr old mum say " this orchid is called Awesome and what you did for me was Awesome"

And then she threw her arms around mum and hugged her - been in this game for 40 odd years not sure I have ever seen one as special as this one!!

Lovely

ronrat 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:36 pm

someone in a pommy prison did the world a favor by killing that bastard huckle. A someone who loves se asia it is pricks like him who give us expats and tourists a terrible reputation and had he been caught elsewhere this vermin would have been hanged, good riddance
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:34 pm

gees what an absolute piece of garbage! no loss at all!
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:51 pm

Nothing to celebrate about prison murders. A real disgrace that stuff like this still happens.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:40 pm

release assange then they can better protect arseholes like huckle.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:58 pm

and when the pos peter scully is murdered in a PI jail I will rejoice.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:17 am

watt price tully wrote:
Mrs WPT & I took Mrs WPT senior (she with the Memory issues) to Ripponlea estate / gardens. It’s so close to our place & I haven’t been in yonks. It was great, she loved it and it got her out of the house.

Decision day about placement will rear it’s head I think in the next couple of years. So far we’re managing just.

At least I got her affairs in order by being POA. So is my brother (I’m not sure why as he does SFA: we divide our support in half, I do the 99.9% half (admittedly with Mrs WPT) and he does the 0.1% half) 🙄🤬

But a nice day today 🌞😃

it aint easy choosing, and there isnt much choice.

The one my father in law is at, was not my choice, there was another that was more structured for people with Dementia, it had programs designed for it, they kept people engaged, this is like a hotel, but like a hotel, you always want to go home at some point...

i visited him on monday, we share our birthdays, he was playing bingo. He picked the card up and peered at it 5mm from his nose. i said "wheres your glasses?" ill go get them. i put them on to see how clear they are and realize the 60s Elton John style glasses were actually just ladies sunglasses. So i popped to the shops and got him some 3 plus magnifiers, the highest they had. He could read the bingo sheet from top to bottom with it on the desk.

my point is dont assume someone else will notice these things. it made me so sad to realize he didnt have proper glasses, his eye sight is around 10-15%, his memory down to 5 min. the glasses gave him a little more quality of life.... I put a sticker on them and told staff to write in their book to remind him to wear them.

Lucky is the family that dont need to put their loved one in care, but what can you do? he needs 24hr security and full on care.

I wish you well, it wont be easy, She is lucky to have someone with your training and care factor to help her. cheers

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 838, 839, 840 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 839 of 866   

Jump to: