Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 829, 830, 831 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="swoop42"][quote="stui magpie"]Booked in 4 nights in Darwin next month. Tax return paid for flights and accommodation. Very Happy [/quote]

Who's paying for the hookers? Laughing [/quote]

The budget has room for entertainment Razz

Came up to Toc on Friday, cuz had reported tge front door was ajar so came up to check. Door is fine, hadn't closed properly so lock wasn't engaged but security bar stopped it opening.

Beautiful day today, only 16, but sun and no wind.

Pulled the 2.7m loungeroom blind that had been trashed by years of sun, painted the arch and put the new one up with much fiddling and swearing at brackets and cheap screws who's heads twist off. Thought about driving back to Melbourne but did some gardening instead, enjoying the sunshine . Have an early one tonight and head back early,got the weeks grocery and booze shopping t o do and cook dinner

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:52 pm

Holidays thank goodness. Slept in, woke up late, went for a short bike ride to Mordialloc and back (abut 46km's today) haven't ridden since last monday week.

Off to Bali for a week (8-9 days) in Ubud starting on Friday. Haven't been since the mid to late 1980's.

No Queensland bike ride this year as they've cancelled it. This year I'm doing 10 days of Robe - Torquay and before that around the bay in a day for the 3rd year running (210 km's) although we're riding to Sorrento & return to Melbourne on October 6 for the Smith Family Fundraiser

Arranging a few weeks leave for that as well and I'm thinking about having my First Easter off in a gazillion years next year and ? do the Byron Bay Blues Festival.

Went to a friends 70th with his family and friends in a Rooftop Bar in Brunswick Street Fitzroy "Naked for Satan" http://www.nakedforsatan.com.au last Saturday afternoon: Great venue somewhat overpriced but tasty food. Good service and great company

Sunday Morning went with Mrs WPT, oldest and met up with the youngest & her boyfriend in Smith St Fitzroy at Alimentari for breakfast for the youngests birthday which is tomorrow
https://alimentari.com.au Youngest has been studying hard as she has exams next week while preparing and submitting job applications at law firms. The amount of preparation she does is enormous. She's taken one subject off this trimester so as to have time to prepare job applications. The top law firms have 100's if not 1000's of applicants for very few positions. If her results continue to be good then she'll be well placed to be considered.

The oldest continues to do well in her state retail manager position as well as being a National trainer. I always laugh & say the only one who didn't go to uni in the family (Mrs WPT got into uni in her early 30's as a mature age student) is the ldest except she's the only one who's completed a course in Oxford! A 1-2 weeks summer school residential programme for retail management!!

I went to the LSE (London School of Economics) where I washed dishes for a day in 1982 where the tube fare, a pack of smokes and a cup of coffee cost me more than I made that day!!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:15 pm

^

Good stuff all round.

Proves again you don't need to go to Uni to do well, there's many ways to acquire knowledge.

My daughter got her current role based on her performance. Didn't apply, just got told she had an interview. Has a cert 3 in disability when the job supposedly needs a degree (she is studying online) but she just gets it.

She'll be meeting potential consumers of their support service, writing care plans, liaising with mental health practitioners, OT's and other allied health and from my experience, she'll have most of them covered.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:10 pm

Absolutely farkin nothing - zilch, nada, zero!!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:44 pm

^

You're on the right side of the grass, that has to count for something. Wink

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:51 pm

^ Your daughter has done well no doubt - common sense seems to have gone out of fashion - shame most important thing IMO if you want to be truly effective.

Have a great holiday WPT - well earned!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:42 pm

Just got to London! Looks just like Melbourne drizzly rain and all!

Well the outskirts did, this is more New York!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:31 pm

^

My daughter wasn't a fan of London at all.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:31 pm

well its old and grotty! im not a fan of any city TBH! i hate crowds and rude people pushing, yet considering its packed, the locals are friendly and helpful, 1 guy went out of his way to direct us to buckingham palace from the station, a few rude tourists! no not americans! mainly japanese!!! no surprise there!
its good to see it though, we only have today and then going down to dorset to see my cousin, then on to devon, and ilfracombe where i was born.
going on the eye and the hop on hop off bus, and to the tower of london, and whatever else we decide to see. catch the tube to the first stop, the tube is amazing, its clean, super fast, and idiot proof! you cant fall in the gap! it was chilly yesterday, but really warmed up late afternoon, even at 10pm it wanst cold, or spooky, the sun is shining today!
its smaller than i expected, the of the old buildings are just so beautiful, and so are the gardens. but ill be glad to hit the road!
getting the aisle seat upstairs on the 2nd part of the flight was brilliant except the odd fool walking to close and tripping on our legs! there is a big gap, walk on the seat back side! i slept 6 hours straight!!

good stuff wpt, enjoy

cheers!
K 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:27 pm

think positive wrote:
..., 1 guy went out of his way to direct us to buckingham palace from the station, ...

Huh? You didn't see Buck's Palace before? Is it strictly for foreign tourists???
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:19 am

last time i saw it i was 7!!

well after walking endless klms, and doing a lap on the hop on hop bus, and a river cruise, i gotta say wow, some of these buildings are amazing, over the rich side of the monopoly board, wow, wow, wow! clean and beautiful! went through the tower of london, musta been little short people back in the day! went on the eye, pretty cool, for some reason hubby wanted to do the shrek experience, it was on our london pass, OMG i wanted to escape so bad! bloody awful and boring, and so loooonnnnggg!! they need to go to disney to see how its done!pretty good day! off to dorset to see my cuz tomorrow, could be interesting, judging by her facebook page, we dont have much in common!!

cheers! oh and i think i got a little tanned today! beautiful weather!!

K 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:48 am

think positive wrote:
... for some reason hubby wanted to do the shrek experience, it was on our london pass, OMG i wanted to escape so bad! bloody awful and boring, and so loooonnnnggg!! ...

You should have left him there and done some shopping at H's, meeting up after at an agreed time!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:57 am

It’s usually me wants to go on these things, he said he heard it was good, he was bored too! The virtual reality ride part wasn’t bad but it’s no Simpsons ride! You tube it it’s awesome!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:38 pm

Having a relaxing time in Ubud about a 15 minute taxi ride from the centre of town up some very steep hills. Out of town, quiet, nice pool & out vista from the bedroom window overlooks a steep valley (ravine) with forsy everywhere.

Read, swam laps, went to town and had an ab fab vegetarian meals: at Kismet http://www.kismetbali.com

I could simply live there. Brilliant tucker, generous servings, laid back, great music and ambience. Lots of Europeans on holidays here.

Marvellous

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:40 am

Nice!

I met up with my cousin a couple of days ago, And Went to ilfracombe where I was born yesterday, was shocked to find it a tourist hell! Gorgeous but packed solid!
Woke up to Collingwood in the third, perfect!
Today we drove to Cotton End Bedford
The 7 year old who left England never forgot this place, needed to come back....I don’t know why, for closure, to remember, to say hello and goodbye?
We drove up to the still small but no longer tiny town,
I said ‘ there is a church on the left can you please stop, it’s my school’ and there it was and I’m not ashamed to say I ugly cried!
We found the house, the blackberry bushes and the grassed area in from much smaller than I remember. We had a glass of wine at the pub, exactly as I remember it, I asked the three people there if they minded me taking pics and explained why. Turned out one of the guys is 4 years older, we went to school with him! He remembered Mrs Grauchy! We had a lovely time there, then drove around and I’m sure I found the fence I cut my leg on when the farmer chased us out of his hay stack! Took a pic of the air ship hangers my dad worked at, they are a studio now. A day I’ll never forget, cheers

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 829, 830, 831 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 830 of 866   

Jump to: