Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 823, 824, 825 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronrat 

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 11:11 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure Jane would fully support the Bear sanctuary and orangutan rescue centre in Borneo. The animal world needs more champions like her. A lot more. I get angry when they throw out Nobel peace prizes to politicians who still send young people to die and not give the chocolates to ladies like Jane Goodall.

I am still trying to get my head around the Thai decision to again allow export of Elephants from Thailand to philanthropic animal organisations (WTF) and national insitutes (assume zoos). Only domesticated ones. How can a wild animal be a domestic animal. The thought here are it is to appease the effing Chinese.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 6:23 pm

Got the opportunity to knock off early today, so I did. Came home and took the old girl to the nearest early voting centre to get it out of the road.

Federal elections are a real pain in the arse in recent years as they don't have as many polling stations open as in a state election and instead of being able to just walk to the community centre in the park next door I have to drive to a primary school. Last federal election the old girl really struggled with the walk from where I could park, through the school and then having to queue up for 30 minutes. Her legs just couldn't handle it, so took her up this arvo, short walk, minimal queuing that moved really quick, done and dusted. 3 day weekend without the bullshit. Very Happy

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 10:09 pm

ronrat wrote:
I am sure Jane would fully support the Bear sanctuary and orangutan rescue centre in Borneo. The animal world needs more champions like her. A lot more. I get angry when they throw out Nobel peace prizes to politicians who still send young people to die and not give the chocolates to ladies like Jane Goodall.

I am still trying to get my head around the Thai decision to again allow export of Elephants from Thailand to philanthropic animal organisations (WTF) and national insitutes (assume zoos). Only domesticated ones. How can a wild animal be a domestic animal. The thought here are it is to appease the effing Chinese.

Yes she would without doubt and yes we and the animals most certainly do RR!!

I can't get my head around so many decisions governments around the world make regarding animals - it's why I drink way too much wine!!!!
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 9:10 pm

Negotiating your way through the ridiculous layers of beurocracy and having to engage with people who have positions of power when you have absolutely NFI how they got there and they have no idea what you are saying cause they have no clinical knowledge but still need to add their" two bobs worth" is incredibly frustrating!!

But sometimes you win even if it takes 3 bloody years and you know your win is not a win for you but a significant win for patient care - I'm happy today!! Very Happy
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 9:28 pm

Subtract the word "clinical" and you just described my 10 years in health
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 7:54 pm

This bloke. Class act.

Quote:
Morehouse College seniors got a surprise Sunday when billionaire investor Robert F. Smith announced during his commencement speech that he would pay off the student loan debt for the historically black college's graduating class.

"On behalf of the eight generations of my family who have been in this country, we're going to put a little fuel in your bus," he told the newly minted graduates in Atlanta before saying his family was creating a grant to eliminate their student loans.
The announcement was met with a standing ovation and chants of "MVP!"
"Now, I know my class will make sure they pay this forward," he continued. "I want my class to look at these (alumni) -- these beautiful Morehouse brothers -- and let's make sure every class has the same opportunity going forward because we are enough to take care of our own community. We are enough to ensure we have all the opportunities of the American dream

Its gonna cost him tens of $millions to do this, but I love how he's challenged the group to not just take the cash but to pay it forward

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/05/19/us/morehouse-robert-smith-student-loans-trnd/index.html

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:52 pm

That’s brilliant
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 12:04 am

next Friday im taking corporate head shots at Slater and Gordon with 3 people from a photography group im in!!! holy crap, i have no idea!!! but ill try anything!! cheers
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 6:49 pm

Had a nice quiet weekend up in Toc, Drove up Friday on my Birthday, quick pitstop at the supermarket, then back to the house.

Cooked a spag bol Friday night which was dinner for Saturday as well, mowed all the lawns, picked up a small cupboard from the Op Shop in Cobram for the bathroom for $8, sanded the loungeroom window sill in prep for painting it. (years of north facing sun had ruined the paint), did a repair job on the kitchen chairs (clamps I took up busted but brute force did the trick), tried the orbital sander on the kitchen floor. Gonna need a floor sander, and wandered round the yard late afternoons with a beer and smoke in one hand and the hose in the other giving the garden beds a drink.

I've had comments from neighbours and the real estate agent on how much better the joint looks, I wouldn't sell it. I really like the joint. It reminds me of the house I grew up in despite being half the size. It's basic, uncluttered and works, at least for me.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 9:35 pm

^ Cool Retirement place?
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 9:50 pm

^

definitely. I'd just need to send a shipping container of stuff to the tip or charity though.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:53 pm

^ Just goes to show how much " stuff" we accumulate that we really don't need doesn't it!

I am ruthless with recycling, donating and binning stuff - himself - well not soo much Rolling Eyes

Got enough land to park the shipping container? Wink Razz
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:27 pm

^

Nope. I have a house full of stuff and a 6x10m shed full as well. May have to have the garage sale from hell. Wink

Anyway, today i'm happy I decided to watch the footy on TV instead of going to the game. I really don't enjoy the game day experience anymore and unless it's a big atmosphere like the ANZAC day game, I generally stay home.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:46 pm

Adopted another rescued lion today - Stuart!

No offence Stui but not sure that is a name for a lion Laughing Not to worry he is a gorgeous boy and free from a barren concrete cell and chain!!

https://www.facebook.com/219530708059835/posts/2553435918002624?s=730776451&v=e&sfns=mo
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:23 pm

^

good stuff. When he grows up we'll have similar haircuts, so good on him.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 823, 824, 825 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 824 of 866   

Jump to: