Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 820, 821, 822 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Omg poor kid, good on you tho

What an awful time for u

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:09 am

It's all good now TP, one more sleep at site and I'm outa here Smile

Flights to and from Melbourne upgraded to business class. Had the points to do it and thought, why the fkuc not.

Get into Melbourne 2300hr's on the 24th... then it's on!
Sitting with the cheer squad for this one.... sweet!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:27 pm

Single day off today. Worked Friday am shift then overtime pm shift yesterday with the Police after a solid spin class.

Have today off & rode to Frankston and back at 6:50 am - strong North Easterly on the way back: hard work. Then three days work Mon pm, Tuesday am and Wednesady am then two days off commencing Anzac Day Very Happy

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:28 am

Spent the long weekend camping with the family at Confest. Personally, I don’t go in for a lot of hippie stuff – alternative medicine, "chakras", spiritualism – but I do really enjoy the community aspects of events like this: sharing the preparation and eating of meals with strangers, random conversations with friendly people, swimming naked in the river together, and so on. Plus, ultimately, you’re really free to engage however you please (whether that be attending workshops or just hanging out). It was a really good experience, and I’d do it again in a heartbeat.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:34 am

Hmm, swimming naked in the river together and engaging however you please? I’m not sure if I want more details or not!
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:12 pm

Haha, there's really nothing much more exciting to report, sorry! But yeah, once you've been naked among a whole bunch of really pretty normal people of all ages as if it's the most normal thing in the world, you really do start to wonder why public nudity remains such a taboo. After a few minutes, you'd probably feel weirder wearing a swimsuit there.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:23 pm

Swimming in the river this time of year could result in serious shrinkage and re-ascended testicles.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:19 pm

Back in Melbourne after spending Easter up in Toc. Drove up thursday with the old girl and the mutt. Drive up was shitful, looks like lots of people had the same idea as me to head up before Good Friday.

Weather was brilliant, gotta love a tourist town where the pubs and most of the shops are open on Good Friday and local footy is on.

Had more visitors than I get at home in months. Daughters ex was up there with his new GF and called over to say G'day, Dad's sister called around with her son (my cousin) to see the old girl and mum's brother called over yesterday to say G'Day and I cooked us lunch on the new electric BBQ I took up

In between chilling I got the garden tidied up, installed a solar powered sensor light over the back door and finished putting the roof back on the car port . wind had got under it at some point and folded the roof back, tearing some of the timber. I'd painted and done some of the timber work a few months back but hadn't done the roof so I got to work, finished off the timber work and managed to get the roof back on.

Now I just got to figure out what to do with the small pile of scrap asbestos cement pieces that the blokes who did the restumping a while back kindly left for me. I'm thinking dig a hole in the carport floor, sweep it all in, add a bag of readymix to it and then cover the driveway with gravel

Got home to a message from the son, he's finally got a letter from DHHS saying he's sole carer of sharknado and he's straight onto the Childsupport agency and Centrelink. I reckon there'll be a tangible disturbance in the force when his ex realises her centrelink and child support has been cut. Next I'll have to research for him how to apply for a family court order, the forkers make it complicated.

Hopefully going back to work next week to a new contract, pulled some cash out of the non preserved part of my super to pay out the lease on the Redline so that'll help the bank balance.

Stuff is going OK. Very Happy

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:57 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Swimming in the river this time of year could result in serious shrinkage and re-ascended testicles.

Not wrong on the shrinkage. It was freezing! Pretty refreshing though.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:01 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Back in Melbourne after spending Easter up in Toc. Drove up thursday with the old girl and the mutt. Drive up was shitful, looks like lots of people had the same idea as me to head up before Good Friday.

Weather was brilliant, gotta love a tourist town where the pubs and most of the shops are open on Good Friday and local footy is on.

Had more visitors than I get at home in months. Daughters ex was up there with his new GF and called over to say G'day, Dad's sister called around with her son (my cousin) to see the old girl and mum's brother called over yesterday to say G'Day and I cooked us lunch on the new electric BBQ I took up

In between chilling I got the garden tidied up, installed a solar powered sensor light over the back door and finished putting the roof back on the car port . wind had got under it at some point and folded the roof back, tearing some of the timber. I'd painted and done some of the timber work a few months back but hadn't done the roof so I got to work, finished off the timber work and managed to get the roof back on.

Now I just got to figure out what to do with the small pile of scrap asbestos cement pieces that the blokes who did the restumping a while back kindly left for me. I'm thinking dig a hole in the carport floor, sweep it all in, add a bag of readymix to it and then cover the driveway with gravel

Got home to a message from the son, he's finally got a letter from DHHS saying he's sole carer of sharknado
and he's straight onto the Childsupport agency and Centrelink. I reckon there'll be a tangible disturbance in the force when his ex realises her centrelink and child support has been cut. Next I'll have to research for him how to apply for a family court order, the forkers make it complicated.

Hopefully going back to work next week to a new contract, pulled some cash out of the non preserved part of my super to pay out the lease on the Redline so that'll help the bank balance.

Stuff is going OK. Very Happy

thats really good news, much more settling for the little fellow, and his dad.

electric BBQ?? that sounds like sacrilege!! you cant burn off your eyebrows!!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:02 pm

David wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

ooooohhhhh k that really is TMI!!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:47 pm

think positive wrote:

electric BBQ?? that sounds like sacrilege!! you cant burn off your eyebrows!!

In summer up there it's total fireban for months. A small electric one means I can cook outside instead of heating the kitchen up more with no naked flames. It works real well plus no pissing around with gas bottles. Even my uncle was impressed, he bought one a while back, tried it once on a steak and banished it to the shed afterwards.

https://www.sunbeam.com.au/Cooking/BBQs-and-Grills/HG6600B-Kettle-King-BBQ.aspx

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:50 pm

David wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Refreshing is one word for it. I don't swim in the Murray once the overnight low gets consistently below 20. In summer it's great but in autumn.............lets just say I prefer my testes descended.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:59 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Got home to a message from the son, he's finally got a letter from DHHS saying he's sole carer of sharknado and he's straight onto the Childsupport agency and Centrelink. I reckon there'll be a tangible disturbance in the force when his ex realises her centrelink and child support has been cut. Next I'll have to research for him how to apply for a family court order, the forkers make it complicated.

Great news! Nah it's not complicated just bloody tedious - you have to complete a shipload of forms and declarations that use terminology that aims to confuse and make you lose the will to live - bit like HR Wink Razz
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:06 pm

Hah, I don't do HR that way, way back when, once of the best compliments I ever got was that I had a talent for converting bureaucratic bullshit into English. Cool

I'll get through it, I reckon a preemptive strike is better than giving her time to marshall her forces and doing constant defensive manoeuvres. Wink

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 820, 821, 822 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 821 of 866   

Jump to: