Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 816, 817, 818 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:23 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

After having just spent a few days in hospital, starting in the ED, it's nice to thank/appreciate the hospital employees who actually contribute towards keeping patients alive and getting them well. All the nurses, and doctors when you see them, were amazing, what a tough job they have.

So thanks for your part in keeping people alive! Bravo.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:45 am

Hope you’re ok, LD!
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:29 pm

Yeah, ditto LD, hope everything is sorted and you're OK.

Maroondah Hospital?

On a different note and back to something i posted about before, I was speaking to my son during the week and he was saying he expected to have custody of his son soon. He'd been in contact with the bird his ex was supposedly staying with and apparently she'd dumped the kid there and taken off. Allegedly she's hitting the gear hard and gone right off the rails.

The boy told me he could just take the kid, but was happy he was safe for the moment and if DHS took the kid, if that's not the wake up call she needs then nothing will work.

So Friday arvo he rang me, DHS had rang him and told him to go get the kid, he now had full custody.

He's coming over with the kid tonight for dinner, so I'll quiz him more then. He seems to think he has it worked out, but I'm used to his plans coming unglued, so I'm hoping for the best.

I know the intent will be there, he's bloody good with the kid, far better parent than his ex. What worries me is he works 50-60 hours a week, is supporting his 19yr old unemployed half brother (who at least provides some support as he's also great with the kid) and he doesn't have a great track record of coping with pressure.

I'm really happy he has the kid and he's safe, bit of history repeating in some ways. I probably should feel more sorry for his ex, but she brings shit on herself *. I tried hard when I had her living here for 2 years to get her to understand, but no dice.

* bringing shit on herself doesn't refer to the DV issue. I have NFI what happened there and other than assuming Ice was involved somehow I'm not speculating.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:37 pm

thats awful, the poor child. hopefully your son can get some time off to get it sorted, DHS if they are any good should help him get the help he needs to get a plan working. good luck with it all Stu.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:43 pm

Taking time off won't help, he's casual. If he doesn't work he doesn't get paid. Apparently his boss loved him, I've been belting him for 18 months to go permanent, but the hourly rate is the sticking point. The boy want's the same hourly rate to go permanent and his boss doesn't love him quite that much.
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:08 am

David wrote:
Hope you’re ok, LD!

stui magpie wrote:
Yeah, ditto LD, hope everything is sorted and you're OK.
Maroondah Hospital?

Thanks guys, all good now. When panadol, then endone, then morphine don't do anything you know there's something not right!

Yep, Maroondah. Mum was telling me they've got bad reviews, I couldn't fault them. Apart from not letting me eat for almost 3 full days Wink
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:09 pm

No collusion, no obstruction 😂
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:14 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Taking time off won't help, he's casual. If he doesn't work he doesn't get paid. Apparently his boss loved him, I've been belting him for 18 months to go permanent, but the hourly rate is the sticking point. The boy want's the same hourly rate to go permanent and his boss doesn't love him quite that much.

So frustrating that the youth of today just don't seem to get it. Of course casual rates are higher, they pay you more per hour which you're supposed to set aside for sick leave, public hols, annual leave etc. When they're providing you income for days off of course the hourly rate is less. Geez, have this argument regularly. Rolling Eyes
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:31 pm

^

Yep, I've had the argument multiple times too.

He understands it, just blinkered by the view of his take home pay going down. Every job he's had he's negotiated a daily or hourly rate, usually dudding himself IMO and I don't think he's ever had annual leave or got paid for public holidays so he doesn't seem to get what he's missing.

Maybe having the kid might help trip the switch. He's got him stored with a female couple for a couple of days while he works through the details with the DHS case worker and tries to organise a day care centre (which the kid seriously needs) and other arrangements so he can work and parent.

Bloody hard gig being a single parent and working full time, but at least he seems to have a better support network than I had

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:09 pm

think positive wrote:
thats awful, the poor child. hopefully your son can get some time off to get it sorted, DHS if they are any good should help him get the help he needs to get a plan working. good luck with it all Stu.

The interesting thing for me last night was watching the kids reaction to being asked to speak to his mother on the phone.

I took him in the park while his dad ate dinner, she rang just as we were coming back wanting to speak to him. Both the boy and my daughter were going to him saying that mummy's on the phone and wants to talk to you, he wasn't interested. Just waved them away.

Got him to sit down while I got his desert so the boy put the phone in his hand. The conversation from his end basically involved "Yep, Ok, something incomprehensible, then See ya" and he held the phone up over his shoulder for his dad. Zero interest.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:50 pm

^ He and your son are lucky they have you and the support and stability you offer and obviously give!

Grandparents are so very important - my brother was a single dad cause the mother was a ftard and my mum more or less raised the girl. She went off the rails a little around 16 and now has a good relationship with her mum ( who has finally grown up!!) but her upbringing and the young woman she is today is down to my mum and my brother - in her final year of a psychology/law degree and kicking serious goals but more importantly she is a lovely humane and compassionate human being.

Seems a strange thing to say I suppose - but really well done you - so many walk away Sad
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:20 pm

Thanks for that.

My son has made some massive strides since he became a father. Some as you say, run away, it's been the making of him. he's becoming the man I hoped he could be but feared he never would.

Work in progress, but positive signs

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:36 pm

stui magpie wrote:
think positive wrote:

The interesting thing for me last night was watching the kids reaction to being asked to speak to his mother on the phone.

I took him in the park while his dad ate dinner, she rang just as we were coming back wanting to speak to him. Both the boy and my daughter were going to him saying that mummy's on the phone and wants to talk to you, he wasn't interested. Just waved them away.

Got him to sit down while I got his desert so the boy put the phone in his hand. The conversation from his end basically involved "Yep, Ok, something incomprehensible, then See ya" and he held the phone up over his shoulder for his dad. Zero interest.

Thats really sad, hes so young, to not be bothered where mum is, you have to wonder why.... Doesnt matter the road or time taken, your Son got there, its amazing how families can pull together, enjoy xx

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:48 pm

Worked from home most of the day, gotta love an organisation and a manager who is cool with that and judges you on output not time in the office.

Had a productive and informative day. Organisations develop different ways of working for reasons that aren't always openly apparent, you need to first get your head around the now, then get a feel for the history to understand. I'm getting there.

On one hand, I've dropped $60k from my last job

On the other hand, I wanted to go back on the tools rather than be management, I wanted to work 4 days per week rather than full time, and while dropping $60k might sound bad, I'm earning a lot more than what I was when I was unemployed, so I'm happy with the decisions.

The biggest challenge isn't the workplace or the fruitbats (every place has them) but myself. Just gotta hit reset every now and then to get the head right.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:39 pm

luvdids wrote:
After having just spent a few days in hospital, starting in the ED, it's nice to thank/appreciate the hospital employees who actually contribute towards keeping patients alive and getting them well. All the nurses, and doctors when you see them, were amazing, what a tough job they have.

So thanks for your part in keeping people alive! Bravo.

You're welcome Wink

Hope you're OK.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 816, 817, 818 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 817 of 866   

Jump to: