Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 811, 812, 813 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
^

Yeah, pretty happy with that. For the last 10 years i was happy with 140/90.

Anyway, decided to get myself one of the new Galaxy smart watches. I've had the older model for a while, time to upgrade. This one has it's own sim, so once I sync it with the phone I can leave the phone at home and make and receive calls and messages on the watch. Plus I installed Samsung pay on it and verified my debit card so I can use it to pay for stuff everywhere paywave works.

While I was in the shop, I got the bloke to check over my account, I have the works with Telstra. My phone was due for renewal so I got a new handset on a better plan, a discount on my home internet, a new Galaxy Tablet and a tip for how to save money on the Foxtel.

I assume that the Telstra hybrid cable that carries Foxtel will be decommisioned at some point as the NBN can't connect to it, so if I ring up, I can apparently switch from cable to satellite, upgrade to IQ4 boxes at no installation fee and a decent price cut. Might have to ring up about that.

Spent the afternoon in tech geek heaven getting the new toys all set up, got Foxtel Go and Netflix loaded on the new tab so next trip up bush I won't be stuck with FTA TV. Smile

Well done you

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:46 pm

I've been working hard and riding my bike a fair bit.

Just finsihed a 3'15" ride to Frankston and back by myself. 85 km's A bit of wind there not much coming back.

I mug of almond coffee at the Boathouse cafe outside Frnakston and a wee stop in Mordialloc. Riding pretty well. If no lights and no wind doing about 32km's/hr up to 40. Dlwn Olivers Hill I do about 63 Very Happy . Up Olivers Hill low teens even less bu compares to last year I've got a gear or two to spare.

Cars and trucks were very good today Very Happy

Checking the iPhone Wahoo app and the bicycle garmin computer:

I wear a myzone heart rate monitor which I can use at the local Gym

Heart rate got to a maximum of 146
I was only in the maximum heart rate zone for 2 minutes for the whole ride
My resting HR is low - mid 50's
Average heart rate was 118
Burnt 2627 calories
Average speed was 24.2
Maximum was 64.5 (Thank you Olivers Hill) feel like a 16 yr old Wink Very Happy

I rode to Mordialloc with a friend last Friday and we really gunned it there and back
On Saturday I did a spin class for 45 minutes (I push myself- (burning thighs) followed by a Fit combo class for 45 mins - I was too stuffed to ride yesterday
Post ride at the Turtle cafe in Elwood had:

Grilled tomatoes, pesto scambled eggs, mushrooms, bacon and a pot of English Breakfast tea.

Still on the Banting High Fat Low Carb diet & have semed to plateaued a bit: 102-103 kg. I'm going to do it for 1 year. now 3-4 months. GP says don't see it as a diet or I'll put weigh back on but a lifestyle!

Last edited by watt price tully on Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:13 pm

Geez, that's good going WPT!

I rode to the pool and back, just over 12k's return, total time 37:20 on the bike, average speed of 20km/h, had a solid head wind on the way home. Top speed 40k's, bit harder to get a good speed up on paths and cycleways, a fair few road crossings and waiting for lights to change.
Max heart rate 147, average 130 my RHR these days is mid 50's.

Swam a k in between the rides with my eldest daughter, had a long mac topped up with milk and half a piece of carrot cake after the swim.

2 boiled eggs for breakfast. Just had a left over lamb chop and a clove of garlic for lunch... shooting for my first alcohol free day of this r n r.
I seem to hold my weight when on break (obviously the 12 stubbies a day) and drop a kilo or 2 on my 2 weeks at work.

35k ride along the coast tomorrow, that's a long enough ride, I find the pushy boring, I wear a back pack with my boom box blaring, makes it a bit more tolerable.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:32 pm

Skids wrote:

I rode to the pool and back, just over 12k's return, total time 37:20 on the bike, average speed of 20km/h, had a solid head wind on the way home. Top speed 40k's, bit harder to get a good speed up on paths and cycleways, a fair few road crossings and waiting for lights to change.

Swam a k in between the rides with my eldest daughter, had a long mac topped up with milk and half a piece of carrot cake after the swim.

2 boiled eggs for breakfast. Just had a left over lamb chop and a clove of garlic for lunch... shooting for my first alcohol free day of this r n r.
I seem to hold my weight when on break (obviously the 12 stubbies a day) and drop a kilo or 2 on my 2 weeks at work.

35k ride along the coast tomorrow, that's a long enough ride, I find the pushy boring, I wear a back pack with my boom box blaring, makes it a bit more tolerable.

Cheers Skids.

Get on the road mate; Much better riding conditions - better rhythm. The head wind eh? terrible. A clove of garlic? Not planning on kissing anyone then?

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:38 pm

^

Clove of garlic and boiled eggs, looks like he was planning on cropdusting the pedestrians. Wink

For me, had a little drama with a manager at work a couple of weeks ago over something I allegedly hadn't done. nothing that couldn't have been solved with a phone call and open communication, but this one in particular prefers to escalate and make a scene rather than display leadership.

Anyway, as a result, the boss pulled me back from the frontlines on this particular mess and I faded into the background supporting others. I'm intended to go onto a project around may and was happy to stay where I am til then but the boss suggested that rather than put up with this shit, as soon as my ongoing replacement arrives she'd see if I could work in the IR area once I'd done a handover. Worked for me, I can work with anyone and have done over the years, but I prefer dealing with honest people.

So the boss approached her peer who manages the IR area to see if she could use me for a while. That manager, who I've had a bit to do with lately, called me into a meeting room today to tell me how rapt they were I was joining their team for a while and outlined what they were hoping for from me, which was flattering and I'm looking forward to it.

Every organisation has dickheads who manage up well and burn others to deflect blame from themselves, but it's great that here they seem in the minority and there are plenty of good leaders with positive intent. My previous manager would (and did) burn me for any criticism, these ones can see through the mud smoke screen and are supportive.

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:14 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Skids wrote:

Cheers Skids.

Get on the road mate; Much better riding conditions - better rhythm. The head wind eh? terrible. A clove of garlic? Not planning on kissing anyone then?

The missus keeps giving me pineapple juice Confused

Tell ya what, garlic! It's the go. I remember a while back, during my marathon training, I was eating at least 1 or 2 cloves a day. Never felt better, and I'm getting that feeling again!

Back to work tomoz. Will be stepping up the distance in the swims to at least 1200m with a couple of 1500m thrown in too.
Gym sessions in the morning will be 30 mins on the bike followed by a 5k row... I got my mojo back! I'll be close to 95kg in a fortnight I reckon Smile

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:19 pm

Well, was up at 3 for my swim before work, then the 13 hour day in mid 40's... and now in bed, alarm set for 0315hr to hit the gym... mad lifestyle, but the 14 days off every month is worth it Smile

Found this 'swimming tips' thing... https://www.enjoy-swimming.com/freestyle-swimming-technique.html

So good! The tips are all good, some I was already doing, but concentrating on looking straight down and 'finding your bouy' made a huge difference this morning!

Swam a nice 1200m in around 30 minutes... and felt like I could do it again!.... Goodnight trendsetters. xxx

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:16 pm

^

Yesterday I did a 1.6km walk, 1.1km swim and another 500m walk.

Walked from the place in Toc down to the town beach, swam back to the boatramp and walked home from there.

The Swim took around 20 minutes or less, mainly doing easy breast stroke or floating on my back. It's hard to do freestyle with thongs on your hands, but just cruising along with the current is really refreshing.

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:29 pm

That must of been a good current! A k in 20 minutes is pretty quick. The quickest I've done a k (I'm not quick at all) is a tad over 26 minutes.
10 years ago, when I was alternating running and swimming, I got it close to 20 minutes for a k. Not easy though.

https://www.livestrong.com/article/293643-calories-burned-by-swimming-1-000-meters/

An average lap swimmer exercising at a moderate pace completes 100 meters in about 2 minutes, so swimming 1,000 meters would take you about 2 X 10, or 20 minutes, if you maintained that speed. Considering that your pace usually slows over the 1,000-meter distance, you would take about 30 minutes to complete the entire distance.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:33 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

Yesterday I did a 1.6km walk, 1.1km swim and another 500m walk.

Walked from the place in Toc down to the town beach, swam back to the boatramp and walked home from there.

The Swim took around 20 minutes or less, mainly doing easy breast stroke or floating on my back. It's hard to do freestyle with thongs on your hands, but just cruising along with the current is really refreshing.

put your thongs on the bank under your keys - no one will take your thongs!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:03 pm

think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
^

put your thongs on the bank under your keys - no one will take your thongs!

I didn't take keys, I walked to the beach and swam back. It's a river/ If I left my thongs at the beach I'd have to either walk home barefoot or walk back and get them.

Skids wrote:
That must of been a good current! A k in 20 minutes is pretty quick. The quickest I've done a k (I'm not quick at all) is a tad over 26 minutes.
10 years ago, when I was alternating running and swimming, I got it close to 20 minutes for a k. Not easy though.

Yeah it's a good current at the moment, up with medium walking pace. When you try to push against it it's a PITA, very strong. To land at the boat ramp I have to stay out wide and push hard at the last minute to break out or else I'm going round the next bend. I've been doing it for over 40 years so I can read the river, but people drown each year who have NFI.

partypie 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:35 pm

Swimming home with the current is one of the great joys in life. Used to do it when I lived near a river mouth after bodysurfing at the beach round the corner. it isn't the same now since the mouth was altered by the local council
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:40 pm

partypie wrote:
Swimming home with the current is one of the great joys in life. Used to do it when I lived near a river mouth after bodysurfing at the beach round the corner. it isn't the same now since the mouth was altered by the local council

I used to love it when I lived in Yackandandah & swam in the Murray in Albury

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:04 pm

Love the river, much better than salt water and waves, unless you're snorkelling on the Reef or something, that's like heaven.

Anyway, had an appointment with the GP tonight. had the results in from the cardiologist and the abdominal ultrasound.

Pretty much big tick, back to 6 monthly appointments Very Happy

Only downside is I have 2 hernias, which are causing me no problems at all, but got a referral to a surgeon for an opinion. The GP said he's not mac the knife, he only goes the surgery option if needed so I'm happy with that. Do the visit on the private health insurance and see what he says, but generally, pretty damn good.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:08 pm

Some of them do, I think.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 811, 812, 813 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 812 of 866   

Jump to: