Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 807, 808, 809 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I've lost 10kg's through this Hi Fat Low Carb Banting diet: similar to Keto Very Happy
Increased cycling and swimming.

Riding to work a couple of days a week and to Mordicalloc about twice a week.
Swimming 1 km about twice a week.

Need to walk more for the imapct activity.

Gone down more than a size & love having to heave my clothes up regularly.
I'm now 103kg and aiming for 95. I'm 191 and bit cm (6'3") in the old language. I'm losing at a rate of about 0.8kg per week.

Mrs WPT too has been losing weight but not as quickly as us menfolk.

Might try the Otways challenge in April this year:

https://www.greatoceanotwayclassic.com.au/racv-145km-ride/

"...Starting and finishing in Torquay, the 145km ride is the original ride that has now been running for over 12 years. There are three cycling events given permission to use the Great Ocean Road each year, and of these three, this is the only event that is a recreational ride and not a race. This means that you get to do it at your own pace and soak in the breathtaking scenery along the stunning coastline of the Great Ocean Road. This ride is designed for the more experienced rider as it has some challenging hill climbs and some quick descents, but if you’re up for the challenge you will not be disappointed with this course..".

Of course I was going to race it but....(no I wasn't)

I've paid a deposit for this years Great Vic bike ride from Robe South Australia to Torquay (10 days ride this time).

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:57 pm

Good stuff there. I'm assuming portion size also had a bit to do with it, but that's a great result.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:42 am

stui magpie wrote:
Good stuff there. I'm assuming portion size also had a bit to do with it, but that's a great result.

Cheers mate. Portion is sort of in the mix. Haven't quite grasped that concept yet. As I texted by daughter the other day "I just don't know that 400gm porterhouse was the size of my palm" Shocked

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:35 am

You have BIG hands!

Congrats great effort

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:51 am

think positive wrote:
You have BIG hands!

Congrats great effort

Cheers TP, the diet (burning fat rather than carbs for energy basically) means I'm feeling much less humgy than I used to .

I do eat a lot of eggs though & tinned tuna.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:29 pm

Apart from the weight loss, how are all the other indicators going? You getting your bloods tested for cholesterol, blood sugars etc?
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:30 pm

Who or what is the weight loss how are all the other indicators going?
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:35 pm

watt price tully wrote:
I've lost 10kg's through this Hi Fat Low Carb Banting diet: similar to Keto Very Happy
Increased cycling and swimming.

Riding to work a couple of days a week and to Mordicalloc about twice a week.
Swimming 1 km about twice a week.

Need to walk more for the imapct activity.

Gone down more than a size & love having to heave my clothes up regularly.
I'm now 103kg and aiming for 95. I'm 191 and bit cm (6'3") in the old language. I'm losing at a rate of about 0.8kg per week.

Mrs WPT too has been losing weight but not as quickly as us menfolk.

Might try the Otways challenge in April this year:

https://www.greatoceanotwayclassic.com.au/racv-145km-ride/

"...Starting and finishing in Torquay, the 145km ride is the original ride that has now been running for over 12 years. There are three cycling events given permission to use the Great Ocean Road each year, and of these three, this is the only event that is a recreational ride and not a race. This means that you get to do it at your own pace and soak in the breathtaking scenery along the stunning coastline of the Great Ocean Road. This ride is designed for the more experienced rider as it has some challenging hill climbs and some quick descents, but if you’re up for the challenge you will not be disappointed with this course..".

Of course I was going to race it but....(no I wasn't)

I've paid a deposit for this years Great Vic bike ride from Robe South Australia to Torquay (10 days ride this time).

Good stuff!

I haven't really adopted the diet, but, I am more conscious of what I've been eating.
I'm getting on the rowing machine for 10 minutes, then the stationary bike for 25-35 minutes 5 times a week before work. Getting up at 0330 is the hard bit! Then swimming 4 or 5 arvo's a week. Been a while since I chucked laps but am now doing 1k swims.

I've dropped about 3kg this year, I'm 99kg (185cm).

My fighting weight when I was in my 20's was 78kg. In my 40's when running heaps of halfs and marathons I was around 90kg.
I'd be happy to get to 92kg by the end of Feb, that's the plan. Cool

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:57 pm

Bang on 100kg and 191 cm.

I've basically gone up 1 size in pants and shirts in 25 years although the roof over the playground has increased and needs work.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:35 am

stui magpie wrote:
Apart from the weight loss, how are all the other indicators going? You getting your bloods tested for cholesterol, blood sugars etc?

Yep. When I first met my Mums GP I'm a believer: hes shown me the science, my rheumatologist told me about it 2 years ago (Banting High Fat Low Carb)

Bloods every 3 months with my new GP.

The link I sent Skids (see above) re Medical Practitoners of this diet use blood testing as a measure.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:29 pm

My boarding pass!

Outa here in 3 and a half hours.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:54 pm

Finished this video essay that I've spent the last couple of weeks editing. Tried to basically construct the rough plot of the first chapters of the Book of Genesis out of clips from films I watched last year – have a look and see what you think! (warning: it's really long...)

https://vimeo.com/311385938

(Warning: contains nudity, in case that sort of thing bothers you or, er, your employer...)

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:07 pm

David wrote:
Finished this video essay that I've spent the last couple of weeks editing. Tried to basically construct the rough plot of the first chapters of the Book of Genesis out of clips from films I watched last year – have a look and see what you think! (warning: it's really long...)

https://vimeo.com/311385938

(Warning: contains nudity, in case that sort of thing bothers you or, er, your employer...)

I’ve glimpsed at it & will take the time to view it. Well done u.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:13 pm

Oldest has continued to kick goals. She’s been given a work-car which is what she’s wanted to the value of $30K after her annual review. She works so hard. Well done to her. Coming to live with Mrs WPT and moi to save $ for a deposit for a 1 br flat in the St Kilda \ Elwood area. She’ll be able to fix and sell her car now!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:27 am

Saw the GP yesterday. Blood results are fantastic. Body just starting to learn to more efficently burn fat for energy. 11 kgs down in about 11-12 weeks. Much les hungry than I was I must say. Hot weather helps.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 807, 808, 809 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 808 of 866   

Jump to: