Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 800, 801, 802 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

"Rokument" supposedly means "honest" in Japanese. Hmm...
ronrat 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:05 pm

Spent some money to fix the aircon in our main bedroom and 2 weeks later it died again and the temperature was in the high 30s. Girlfriend rings repairer and gives him an earful and they sent a repairman around 2.30 yesterday. He declares the unit DOA and would be expensive to fix. 4.00 oclock and rings landlord to tell him news. at 6.00 oclock 6 tradies turn up pull the old one out. and hour later a new unit is delivered and I go to nearby bar because I hate the sound of power tools. An hour later get phone call and all fixed. Get home pissed around 11.00 pm and had a great sleep. Good week because we bought a new stove top with a double burner on a shopping channel about a month ago. They automatically put us in a competition and we a twist and shape which is an excercise machine worth a couple of hundred bucks and is going to save me sending Boom to a gym . It was delivered an hour after we won it and they sent a dude to set it up. My Mum won a BBQ on Better homes and gardens 2 years ago and they took 4 months to deliver it.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:44 am

Gees that’s a good landlord. Your gunna use that machine too yeah?!

Braved the sales traffic Sunday to get a mattress to replace the rock in the camper, ended up with 4 mattresses, they arrived yesterday, and hubby me and the eldest wrestled them upstairs, and wrapped up the old ones for the new house. Oh my god what a job, nearly ripped my big toe nail off, I have no idea how, and kinked my already sore neck! But this morning I slept an hour late, didn’t even notice when the pup apparently jumped on my head at 5.45am, and wow do I feel rested! Worth every almost half price cent! The eldest said she didn’t want to get out of bed and hubby said Merry Christmas!

a while back there was a thread asking about sheets and thread count. I can highly recommend the 1000 count Elysian sheets from Harris Scarfe, they are 1/2 price right now and you can buy the fitted sheet separately. apart from the feel and quality, they are so big, so easy to put on! got the protector and cotton doona in the same brand, just excellent quality and massive savings, i was going to pay a lot more for an apparently special cooling one, asked the sales lady (dont reply "my hubby is hot in bed, how do i fix that?"'! very funny, we both laughed!). she said just get pure cotton, not just the cover, right through. i thought id be cold with the thin doona, but i wasnt!

ronrat 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:02 pm

Played a bit with the twist and shape last night and it sent Tukky the wonder poodle into a spin. I think I will use when then the little kids come to amuse them. I am in the best weight range for years but the body is wrecked. I have 3 forms of arthritis (including gout). But I encourage others to use it.

But I did find some Bundaberg Ginger Beer on sale at the supermarket which I have planted at the local bar to mix with Bundy Rum. Just pay for the rum. Red wine is too expensive here.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:25 pm

K wrote:
"Rokument" supposedly means "honest" in Japanese. Hmm...

Or how Scooby Doo pronounces Document.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:52 pm

The 3 grandkids Very Happy

Aria is 16 months and calls out for Grandad n is a little treasure. Such an amazing little tacker, you'd never guess she was 8 weeks prem.
Hayes (5 months) and Jaxx (6 months) are finally getting who I am and I'm gettin' lotsa smiles n cuddles.

Being a grand parent, and having 3 beautiful daughters is such a blessing.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:56 pm

^

I'm with you there. Sharknado has got "Grandad" part of his deal now. He yells for me when he wants stuff or just wants me to go with him.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:33 pm

awesome guys, enjoy

I was 3 journey pics behind, been flat out, so last night with hubby flaked on the couch at 7.30pm i took off for the pier! wasnt getting much then i saw a couple of dudes getting ready to jump off, and asked them to wait so i could capture it for "'race''. the first set were crisp and clear, and i was wrapped, and then the sun just erupted, they jumped again and i got the most amazing series of pics! I texted this one to one of the guys tonight and he was wrapped and gave me his email for the full sized ones!!

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:40 pm

I haven't been here for ages but when something makes you so happy - well it just has to be shared everywhere!

Animal Justice Party's Andy Meddick has secured a seat in the Upper House - Western Victorian region Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

And the numpty shooty people lost a seat! Laughing Laughing

Happy Holidays to you all!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:53 pm

Merry Christmas etc. You should post more often.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:31 pm

Morrigu wrote:
I haven't been here for ages but when something makes you so happy - well it just has to be shared everywhere!

Animal Justice Party's Andy Meddick has secured a seat in the Upper House - Western Victorian region Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

And the numpty shooty people lost a seat! Laughing Laughing

Happy Holidays to you all!

Yes, great result.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:33 pm

I am glad you find this funny. I am glad you find this funny. Happy Holidays to you all to you too, like it's going to pass under land about a block of me it starts to the west on an alignment parallel with Queensberry St and then seems to do a dog-leg north-ish to get to near the haymarket roundabout Flemington RdGrattan StRoyal Parade spot which is I assume the logical cheap place to put the Parkville station.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:46 pm

I have a pretty good doc. (preliminary report subject to confirmation)

Went to work yesterday, left before 10 feeling shitful, got an appointment to see her yesterday arvo.

Got an appointment with a cariologist Friday, and a cardiac stress test booked for January, couldn't get one earlier.

She gave me a physical and reckons I have a hernia (slight bulge next to belly button which has been there for years) so I'll get that checked out next year.

Checked out the numbness in my lower legs, did some kind of posture test and reckons it is back related at least in part. Worked back in my mind and can see that fits, so I've got a physio appointment Thursday after work. I don't like not feeling my legs properly and walking like Steady Eddie. Tried some Voltaren gel on the back earlier, can't tell if it's that or just sitting for a while, but feeling improvement.

Also, prescribed an antacid on steroids, Nexium, for the chest and upper abdomen tightness, working like a treat (so far)

I just want to get back to not feeling like shit, but it looks like there's light at the end of the tunnel. Here's hoping the Cardiologist isn't riding a train.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:48 pm

What does there's light at the end of the tunnel look like?
Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:57 pm

Stui, my missus had an umbilical hernia op 2 weeks ago. She first noticed it around 20 years ago. If you look up the dictionary meaning of procrastination, yep, her picture is there.

6-8 weeks of no lifting makes it a bit difficult.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 800, 801, 802 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 801 of 866   

Jump to: