Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 798, 799, 800 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:48 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, you got two good candidates to pick your nursing home, well done.

Its great to see hard work pay off.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:45 pm

think positive wrote:
Awesome, you got two good candidates to pick your nursing home, well done.

Its great to see hard work pay off.

Cheers. She's really rapt. Still got the exams to go. Then I think she's going to work full time till Uni starts again. I think she's shifting back in Feb next year. Not living on much is very hard for her and the house she rents with 2 frneds is shithouse but close to work, uni and friends.

I also think the oldest might shift back as she wants to save $ fir a deposit ot at least show the bank she can save. So that might be interesting. They can both be rent free & that can be made up in food, cooking cleaning etc but our house is not really designed for 4 adauls & the oldest while I love her uses up a lot of space if you know what I mean.

I've given her 3 conditions:

1. No long hair left in the bathroom in the bathroom
2. To be consious of how she walks down the stairs, in the house: gently not thumping
3. Not to use my razor for her legs

The youngest also gets 3:

1. 1 & 3 above
2. Her other condition is to leave the kitchen clean (she likes to ccook and bake) - the oldest is better at cleaning up after she cooks!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:57 pm

lol!!

i get all of that!!

well my younger sister has really made me doubly happy these last couple of weeks!

1stly, ive been suffering neck and shoulder pain for some time that has got progressively worse, to the point of agony of late! i went to my doc for a referral and to get xrays etc done. I wanted to see the guy who does my knees but the clinic said another doc (carlscums doc) is better for necks. so off we went yesterday. the man is an arrogant pig, total tool, hes a sport doc but just wants to jab me 6 weeks running to try and repair the nerves. he saw me for less than 10 min, barely checked me, said see you in 2 weeks, the injections are just sugar water $369 a pop, im guessing plus his inflated fee of $240. i had to go back in and said can you give me something in the meantime, im in agony. so he did. my sister was pissed off and booked me in to her physio in Alphington, (i actually booked a doc there first but could not get in for 3 weeks). this physio plays for calscums womens afl team! she was awesome! did some work on my neck, (she agrees with the doc its damage from dislocating my shoulder, crap ipad posture, heavy camera gear, & a touch of whiplash for good measure!!) gave me a program, and outlined where it will take me. I already feel a bit better today!

And my old man didnt actually get himself into a retirement village, its a village for over 55s, and he cant afford it, and it doesnt suit his needs. so he asked us all for weekly cash! We all agreed its time to put him in a nursing home (god help em!). He said no way, but she fought all the battles, and just told him this is how it is. he gave her crap and she told him you have 2 daughters youve treated like shit and they still visit you, start realizing how lucky you are, you dont deserve either of them. so we have to find him a place, and then move him but he hasnt had time to kill the new place yet, so hopefully it wont be too costly or labour intensive.

She has really stepped up, and right now, with everything else going on, im so damn grateful. life is good!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:56 pm

think positive wrote:
lol!!

i get all of that!!

well my younger sister has really made me doubly happy these last couple of weeks!

1stly, ive been suffering neck and shoulder pain for some time that has got progressively worse, to the point of agony of late! i went to my doc for a referral and to get xrays etc done. I wanted to see the guy who does my knees but the clinic said another doc (carlscums doc) is better for necks. so off we went yesterday. the man is an arrogant pig, total tool, hes a sport doc but just wants to jab me 6 weeks running to try and repair the nerves. he saw me for less than 10 min, barely checked me, said see you in 2 weeks, the injections are just sugar water $369 a pop, im guessing plus his inflated fee of $240. i had to go back in and said can you give me something in the meantime, im in agony. so he did. my sister was pissed off and booked me in to her physio in Alphington, (i actually booked a doc there first but could not get in for 3 weeks). this physio plays for calscums womens afl team! she was awesome! did some work on my neck, (she agrees with the doc its damage from dislocating my shoulder, crap ipad posture, heavy camera gear, & a touch of whiplash for good measure!!) gave me a program, and outlined where it will take me. I already feel a bit better today!

And my old man didnt actually get himself into a retirement village, its a village for over 55s, and he cant afford it, and it doesnt suit his needs. so he asked us all for weekly cash! We all agreed its time to put him in a nursing home (god help em!). He said no way, but she fought all the battles, and just told him this is how it is. he gave her crap and she told him you have 2 daughters youve treated like shit and they still visit you, start realizing how lucky you are, you dont deserve either of them. so we have to find him a place, and then move him but he hasnt had time to kill the new place yet, so hopefully it wont be too costly or labour intensive.

She has really stepped up, and right now, with everything else going on, im so damn grateful. life is good!

Wow tough stuff. Nice to have your sister's support.
Hope the pain gets better for you.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:17 pm

cheers mate, thanks, actually feel a lot better, i think some of its just letting go of the stress of pretending im fine!! bout time i looked after me! cheers
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:21 pm

What about what?
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:01 pm

Up in Toc for the weekend. Very Happy

Mowed all the lawns including the fkn massive nature strips, did some painting and repairs but generally just enjoyed being here.

Weather is fkn sensational. There's some festival happening just out of to wn, Strawberry Fields, few minutes west of town on the far eastern fringe of the Barmah forest.

Attracting a variety of wildlife, saw this young girl (18~20) in the supermarket wearing basically black underwear with a see through mesh long sleeve dress over top with sequins, capped off with hiking boots. Confused Confused Shocked

Free concert down on the foreshore with bands from the festival, the old Tatts pub has new owners and is looking schmick for summer and they've started building the new free splash park.

Best purchase i ever made getting this little joint up here that nobody else wanted

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:20 pm

God stuff Stui, did you take any jail bait home?

A guy I worked with at GMH just bought a place up Toc, as well, he posted a couple of pictures, actually its a block, no house b6 the looks, got a little dam.

Got to indented had at 8 this morning, I cut the grass while hubby and a guy removed some scaffolding for the brickie to start tomorrow. Cleaned up all the debris first, lots of lethal but s of roofing iron, nails and rocks! Missed one, it didnt miss me, took a piece out of my shin! Jeans stopped most of it! Then we put the sisilation on the bottom story. It will only take about an hour and a half he says. Thanks to to many action movies, Im not a nail gun fan, took about half an hour to get past that! Took a break for lunch, hubby says I want a hamburger with the lot, get me one too I said, he nearly fell over! He got me a dim sim and a potato cake too (not bad but not Port Arlington amazing, that shop just aint the same sadly) man I left half th3 bun but I inhaled the rest! Doing the higher strip, and the ground pretty uneven, so I was counterbalancing hubby on the ladder, trying to staple my side, and pass shit to him, and I got a little muddled, and got off the ladder a bit quick. He says careful do you realise what could happen? Apparently your insured is not the correct answer! We got home at 6.30, Im so knackered, and I have to drive back at 6.30am tomorrow to open the fence for a delivery, and get the brickie organised. We should have her locked up by Christmas, and boy is she beautiful!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:50 pm

LOL. No, didn't catch any jail bait

Toc is an anomaly in that most of the small country towns are dying, but Toc is going forward. Slowly. Lots of building going on, people who've been visiting there for years, retiring and moving up from Melbourne.

I moved to Melbourne in 1985 and the population was 1100. Now it's 2100.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:20 am

stui magpie wrote:

Toc is an anomaly in that most of the small country towns are dying, but Toc is going forward. Slowly. Lots of building going on, people who've been visiting there for years, retiring and moving up from Melbourne.

What about Milfs or Gilfs then?

Beautiful golf course there. I got spoken to by the golf pro after, as President of our social golf club that had 30 players on a golf trip I abused a grounds person. When I explained to the golf pro that when you are in the first group of the day on a Saturday you do not expect the green mowing to go hole 1, then hole 2 etc. You start at 18 and go backwards so all groups get one interruption. I received an apology and they gave us a slab. The grounds idiot could have done 12 holes before he hit a golf group. But it was Om when we got moving again.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:29 pm

It is a very nice Golf course and club. They've merged with the Lawn Bowls club and put the bowling rink where the first green was.

As far as the talent, not really a lot on offer. The younger ones either leave town or hook up early and any single good looking MILFs are single for a reason.

A guy I went to school with got married 3 times to excellent housekeepers.

Each time he got divorced, the missus kept the house. Wink

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:54 pm

Lol!

Very pleasantly surprised today, got to the house and the sand guy and cement guy arrived as I did, then the brickie, I dont like making excuses but my shoulder is really stuffed, they all just carried the 20kg sacks of cement in, helped me pull the fence apart for the sand, and put it back together. They all discussed what else was needed, and I followed one of the truckies to their store in ocean grove, and he stopped on the way at mitre 10. I said is your depot here too? He says no, I dont want you to get lost going back, and he comes into mitre 10 and finds the galvernised screws I needed! I was gobsmacked! Get to the depot and he and another guy rush around getting everything for me, wouldnt even take a coffee as a Thankyou! If youve been to Bunnings and watched the staff evert thier eyes youll understand my surprise! Im gonig to send them a Thankyou in writing. Went down the beach and took a few shots, and everyone is so friendly! Rude awakening coming out of geeeelong to arsehole drivers! Think Im going to enjoy small town life!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:12 am

stui magpie wrote:

There was an item on ? yesterdays ABC news (local) TV about Toke and how its changed.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:42 am

Related to this piece?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-24/changing-tides-of-murray-river-towns/10550866

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:05 pm

Found this article with some photos of the festival I referred to.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/strawberry-fields-festival-celebrates-10-year-anniversary-20181118-h180p7.html

And another in the Daily mail of all places Shocked

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6402247/Thousands-scantily-clad-revellers-let-loose-Strawberry-Fields-Festival.html

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 798, 799, 800 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 799 of 866   

Jump to: