Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 793, 794, 795 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Jo,

Good to hear the dogs are no longer spray painting the carpet when they fart.

Job is going well, a lot to learn. A tad frustrated at not knowing how to get things done but I'm working on it. People are so friendly and, considering some of their qualifications, more grounded and less full of themselves than many in health, which was a surprise. Shocked

New boss is looking at opportunities to keep me on past the 3 months, but it's not all up to her so no promises, which I can deal with. I signed on for 3 months, if it ends then so be it, if an opportunity comes up, great. It's actually a good place.

If I could ever work for a Uni, this would be the one. Their history and vision totally work for me.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:00 am

stui magpie wrote:
Cheers Jo,

Good to hear the dogs are no longer spray painting the carpet when they fart.

Job is going well, a lot to learn. A tad frustrated at not knowing how to get things done but I'm working on it. People are so friendly and, considering some of their qualifications, more grounded and less full of themselves than many in health, which was a surprise. Shocked

New boss is looking at opportunities to keep me on past the 3 months, but it's not all up to her so no promises, which I can deal with. I signed on for 3 months, if it ends then so be it, if an opportunity comes up, great. It's actually a good place.

If I could ever work for a Uni, this would be the one. Their history and vision totally work for me.

sounds like win win!! finish at christmas, in summer, noice! or stay in a job you like! well done!!

your at RMIT yeah? my eldest loved it there, she found administration good to deal with, compared to Deakin, Waurn Ponds, and after dealing with Vic Uni St albans, yuk, and Vic Uni Footscray, i realize not all are equal. by a long shot!!

enjoy!

and the sun, today the sun makes me happy!! ive been submerged in sickness and paperwork, today i have a couple of excuses to get outta here!! bliss!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:45 pm

Yeah, RMIT. i really like the place. From the beginning as the working mans college, to now with a vision/mission to prepare for work and life.

They aint about some 18th century notion of learning for learnings sake, they're focused on high quality practical outcomes.

High quality organisation. Got a few glitches which you get when you have people doing stuff, but love the vision and intent.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:20 am

stui magpie wrote:
Yeah, RMIT. i really like the place. From the beginning as the working mans college, to now with a vision/mission to prepare for work and life.

They aint about some 18th century notion of learning for learnings sake, they're focused on high quality practical outcomes.

High quality organisation. Got a few glitches which you get when you have people doing stuff, but love the vision and intent.

Its paid off for her big time, shes shocked us TBH, 3 decent pay rises in less than 2 years, shes kicking goals! I cant believe her dedication, and the company has really treated her well so I guess that means She deserves it. Her attitude really changed when She switched to RMIT. Not sure what it was, but I noticed that uni was a big shock to all the kids from her school, I guess there was a lot less pampering! Funny, she schedules classes for afternoons and evenings so she didnt have to get up til 10 and yet every morning shes out the door to the train, lunch made, bed made, and professionally dressed!

I vaguely remember her talking about after care too once the kids are in the workforce or looking for work. Very impressive. I know she has been back to the library.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:46 am

Im a big fan of RMIT my only wish is that Id chosen to study there earlier!

I actually know a couple of people who work in admin/HR there have you crossed paths with a Dale or Joyce, Stui?

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:26 am

stui magpie wrote:
Nice to be useful still.

Son got a side job from his boss to pull a couple of motorcycle wheels to pieces. He got stuck on the back one. Got one side of the tyre off the rim, but the other side was stuck.

So he came over this morning, we put it in my grandfathers blacksmith vice and popped the tyre loose.

fast forward a few hours, he's been out and back home and was stuck actually getting the tyre off the rim.

So we went to work. Tyre lever to get it part off, then a combination of the tyre lever and a jemmy bar, off she comes. 5 minute 2 man job.

The boy is pretty handy, I've taught him that well and he's had a few other teachers over the years, but it's sorta nice when the adult son comes to dad for help.

Great stuff Stui

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:37 am

stui magpie wrote:

It's OK from my experience. Used to teach there back in 1996 & 1997 in TAFE. My immediate managers were great but TAFE teachers were exploited+++ in my view and the remuneration vs the demands were ridiculous. I was a course co-ordinator at that time & needed to supplement my income by doing occasional sessional lectures at Uni which compared to TAFE were better paid.

The sessional teachers were hugely exploited in my view and I was lucky I wasn't sessional.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:37 pm

Gees my kids been out of RMIT Just on 2 years, and she was 3 when you taught there! Im guessing its changed a little mate!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:21 pm

David wrote:
Im a big fan of RMIT my only wish is that Id chosen to study there earlier!

I actually know a couple of people who work in admin/HR there have you crossed paths with a Dale or Joyce, Stui?

I'm utterly shitful with names and they seem to have a lot of people in HR, and i do mean a lot. I dont recall meeting a dale or joyce yet, but I'll see how it plays.

partypie 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:30 pm

I was a student at RMIT, also my dad studied there in 1943 whilst recovering from WW2. Excellent place.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:25 am

think positive wrote:
Gees my kids been out of RMIT Just on 2 years, and she was 3 when you taught there! Im guessing its changed a little mate!

Just what are you suggesting?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:44 am

watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:

That your experience of the place might be a tad outdated!

K 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:02 am

think positive wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

That you. .......... .. ... ..... might be a tad outdated!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:22 pm

think positive wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:

That your experience of the place might be a tad outdated!

Lucky, I thought you were calling me old Wink

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:25 pm

Lovely morning today. Mrs WPT and I picked up the youngest in North Fitzroy & went the Colingwood Children's Farm.

Still much the same when the 25 year old was 21 years younger when we first brought here there.

Nice place, too many kids though.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 793, 794, 795 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 794 of 866   

Jump to: