Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 792, 793, 794 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Day 1 of new job today.

Head was spinning like someone downloaded a jigsaw puzzle into my head and I'd only put together a few pieces.

Not just a whole lot of new acronyms, but some familiar terms used in unfamiliar contexts. A lot to come up to speed with in a short space of time.

However, not only is the boss really good (I've known her for near 20 years), but her boss seems really nice and so is are the others in the team that I've met.

Getting the train to the city takes me back more than 10 years, interesting to note some of the changes.

A lot less suits, the newspaper stand at the train station is now a coffee stand, no one is reading newspapers on the train but everyone is connected to a screen of some kind (one woman anomaly actually had a real book) and with the number of Asians and Asian shops in the area I work I could be in Box Hill or Beijing.

Very positive vibe from the first day.

Very Happy

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:08 am

This project (which I've been working on for the better part of six months) finally came together: a dossier on French cinema of the 1970s and 1980s for Senses of Cinema, which I curated and edited (and also wrote two pieces myself). I don't know if many here will be interested, but you can check all of the articles out below if you like!

http://sensesofcinema.com/category/after-the-french-new-wave/

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:15 pm

well done to both of you, my eldest loved that section of RMIT, and david your interview was really good. great pic too

Im happy i have a live puppy, back to the vet again at 1.30am. at midnight he started throwing up, at 1 junior woke me up, we cleaned up & went back to sleep in her bed, and he woke us both up 15 min later and threw up bright red blood, a heap of it, some kind of bug, gastro or something maybe from bird poo, though since he has eaten my prescription sunnies, a pad, rocks, dog poo, and a raindeer in the past, god knows what caused it!!poor little dude, got home at 3am! got the squirts too so its Karcher time!

at least something has taken my mind off of saturday...!

K 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:44 pm

What are the emergency vet options in the middle of the night? RSPCA, Lort Smith, etc.?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:11 pm

A 24 hour emergency vet opened up in point cook just of Geelong rd, maybe 4hears ago, I took my old poodle with a heart condition there when he had a bad turn, and then when he jumped of the couch and dislocated his bag leg, (he’s been gone 16 months now he was 17 years old), and I’ve taken Beau there twice now, first time he was 4 months old and ate a pad, which can swell up and cause a blockage that would have killed him, so they gave him something to make him chuck it up! This time they gave him an anti nausea needle, and some gastro drugs for 4 days. We had to wait about 10 min as the vet was in surgery. They are fantastic. Basic fee is $150, plus meds was $220. Which I reckon is reasonable for a middle of the night visit! They also tell you come back tomorrow if your at all worried and they check them again for free. We used to have to go to the vet hospital in Werribee, which is where they treat a lot of race horses. I used to take my horses there and they were very reasonable, but apparently they cost a bomb now! My vet is in Laverton, she is the sweetest person ever, She cares so much. When I let Max go she came to my house with a nurse and she was only going to charge me for the drugs. She let me hold him, and she gently carried him out in his blankly as if he was the most prescious baby in the world. I know that sounds nuts but believe me, it really really helps when you don’t want to say goodbye.

Beau is fine now, went and got him a cooked chook, and cooked some rice for him, he ate a little, but he just wants to sleep. I’m seriously considering insurance for him, he’s already cost me a bomb in vet bills! And a $200 pair of sunnies and a Christmas reindeer, he pooped sparkles for a week!

KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:33 pm

think positive wrote:
A 24 hour emergency vet opened up in point cook just of Geelong rd, maybe 4hears ago, I took my old poodle with a heart condition there when he had a bad turn, and then when he jumped of the couch and dislocated his bag leg, (he’s been gone 16 months now he was 17 years old), and I’ve taken Beau there twice now, first time he was 4 months old and ate a pad, which can swell up and cause a blockage that would have killed him, so they gave him something to make him chuck it up! This time they gave him an anti nausea needle, and some gastro drugs for 4 days. We had to wait about 10 min as the vet was in surgery. They are fantastic. Basic fee is $150, plus meds was $220. Which I reckon is reasonable for a middle of the night visit! They also tell you come back tomorrow if your at all worried and they check them again for free. We used to have to go to the vet hospital in Werribee, which is where they treat a lot of race horses. I used to take my horses there and they were very reasonable, but apparently they cost a bomb now! My vet is in Laverton, she is the sweetest person ever, She cares so much. When I let Max go she came to my house with a nurse and she was only going to charge me for the drugs. She let me hold him, and she gently carried him out in his blankly as if he was the most prescious baby in the world. I know that sounds nuts but believe me, it really really helps when you don’t want to say goodbye.

Beau is fine now, went and got him a cooked chook, and cooked some rice for him, he ate a little, but he just wants to sleep. I’m seriously considering insurance for him, he’s already cost me a bomb in vet bills! And a $200 pair of sunnies and a Christmas reindeer, he pooped sparkles for a week!

Beau is a Labrador? He certainly sounds like one. Glad he is okay.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:32 pm

He’s a lab in a top poodle costume! He really does have that personality! 100% love, and an extra 10% of dopey! He’s gorgeous

But I had to take him to my vet not 5 min after I posted that! He dropped a horrible orange water stinking turd, so I took it and him to my vet, but just as I was leaving my other poodle got a touch of the runs. Which is actually good cos they thought he might have a blockage. So we have some extra drugs for the runs, another in case he starts puking again, and some good bugs for their tummies! Hopefully that works!
She told me she had just operated on a staffy, it had been vomiting, they opened him up to fixwhat ever it was, and then she could feel a lump in his tummy, it was a whole corn cob! So they took that out too!

KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:53 pm

Good luck Jo, hope all goes well tonight with your pups.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:53 am

Thanks Ken,

well the bub got the squirts in the middle of the night, and Molly the 10 year old made a mad dash downstairs and puked, and she has the runs too, but its no where near as bad as Beau has it. Shes drinking water, but wont eat. He managed a little chicken and has kept it down since 8.30, and i have given them both anti runs meds which they have kept down.

the pup sleeps with junior, and she kept waking up to make sure he was breathing! this morning she was like, thanks for looking after me when i was little, i cant believe how exhausting it is!

so our power is off from 10-12 this morning, i got up early, ive disinfected and washed a heap of cleaning towels etc, scrubbed the poop out of juniors carpet and cleaned it with my carpet shampoo machine twice, when the power comes back on ill rinse it, paid some bills and sent some urgent quotes and emails, now a 2 min shower before the power goes! Oh and i still have man flu! im knackered! but the dogs are on the mend, so thats all that matters right now, the pup really had me worried. cheers, the joys of motherhood! sorry parenthood!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:17 pm

Nice to be useful still.

Son got a side job from his boss to pull a couple of motorcycle wheels to pieces. He got stuck on the back one. Got one side of the tyre off the rim, but the other side was stuck.

So he came over this morning, we put it in my grandfathers blacksmith vice and popped the tyre loose.

fast forward a few hours, he's been out and back home and was stuck actually getting the tyre off the rim.

So we went to work. Tyre lever to get it part off, then a combination of the tyre lever and a jemmy bar, off she comes. 5 minute 2 man job.

The boy is pretty handy, I've taught him that well and he's had a few other teachers over the years, but it's sorta nice when the adult son comes to dad for help.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:21 pm

I can't believe the boy would do that.
K 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:23 pm

I can't believe that sentence made sense.
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:16 am

Watching the Peregrine Falcon atop 367 Collins st with her chicks always makes me happy (albeit a bit squirmish when she comes back with half a dead pigeon to feed them)

http://www.367collinsfalcons.com.au/
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:23 pm

Caught up with my old boss from Health for a beer and a chat. Not the one who gave me the flick, the one I worked with really well for 6 years.

The way we think is very similar, so very easy catching up and good to see him again.

Even better, standing outside the pub, was just opening the phone to use the 13CABS app, when I flagged down a taxi the old fashioned way.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:27 pm

sounds good Stu, hope the new job is going well, cheers

what made me happy is dog poo!
well to be more specific non projectile, non sloppy, no blood, normal dog poo, Go Beau! Its been a really long 7 days!!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 792, 793, 794 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 793 of 866   

Jump to: