Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 787, 788, 789 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

God where do you get the energy! Ive been at my inlaws since 8, dumping stuff into a big bin, sorting through hordes of things, got a face load of rat Poop of the top of a cabinet, gross. Memo to self, dont hoard shit! Spent about 15 min in the shower trying to get clean! Thank god the footy is early or Id still be there! Ugh.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:21 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Quick ride to Mordialloc and back (strong head wind) on my lonsesome although joined a small group for a short while.

Have to clean the house before Mrs WPT (and the youngest) get back from Bali (Ubud) when I pick them up tonight. Lots of vacuuming, mopping and bathrooms to be done. A bit before the game & most afer going to the G.

One more week (4 night shifts FFS) then 5 1/2 weeks leave Very Happy

How much mess can you make in a week or 2?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:31 pm

COLLLLLIIINNNGGGWWWOOODDDDD!
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:46 pm

FINALS!!!! Very Happy
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:52 pm

^
we're back baby. Cool

I picked up my new ute this morning, 2006 Holden Crewman with the panel van tray cover and roof rack, all in white. I may have to get some black stripes on the bonnet.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:53 pm

I am very happy for you.
K 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:24 pm

stui magpie wrote:
David wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
HELLO DAVID, any chance of a thread split? This isn't an overly happy topic.

Do you want the good news or the bad news?

The bad news is that I actually can't. This thread is so big that any attempt to switch it to the moderating interface just leads to a grey screen of death. I can edit or permanently delete posts, but splitting posts out of the damn thing has long since entered the realm of science-fiction. As with global warming in The Day After Tomorrow, we've hit a point of no return and just have to hope for the best now. Best to just start a new thread and carry on the conversation there.
...!

Hah, fair enough, thanks for the effort.

I sort-of hope (once I have the energy) to manually do the split by quoting (some of) the relevant posts at the start of a new thread. I just have to think up a suitable thread title first (though I think it lets the OP change the title later, right?)...
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:46 am

You could do that, but it sounds pretty time-consuming! A better option might be just to post a link at the start of the new thread to the page where the conversation left off; but feel free to go about it however you like.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:39 pm

Hearing the grandson going "Grandad, grandad"

He only eats a token of his dinner cos he knows Grandad will still give him desert. We invoked the 5 second rule when he spilt some chocolate pudding on the floor, I'm pretty sure he'll live.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:39 pm

hehe, thats so cool, its awesome you still get time with him,
splits can be awful things, and every little boy needs his grandad!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:37 pm

Yeah, his dad (my son) brings him over every Sunday for dinner when he has him for the weekend. we have a chat and the kid has fun. Big smile when he sees me from the car, gets out and runs over to me.

Tonight was a special one, I got the old girl to cook dinner. Beef and red wine casserole in the slow cooker. My son reckons her version is better than mine, I don't care as it made her and him happy.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:26 pm

Got an email about my NIB shares which included a bit about a dividend reinvestment program (DRP). So I looked into it.

I got the shares for nothing as the private health fund I was in was some kind of mutual society, it de-mutualised and all members got free shares as part of the process.

I've never really looked to see how much they were worth as the dividends are very small, but had a look and my holding is worth over $5k. Very Happy

Shares have consistently gone up over time, so bang, signed up for the DRP.

That lead me to check out my Telstra shares and they too have a DRP. Must be a new addition, so I signed up for that as well. They're never going to hit the heights they did when the second lot was issued, but as the Government still owns 17% I can't see them ever going belly up so it's a solid investment considering I got that stake for nothing as well.

Tax return paid for the second hand ute I just bought to use as a runabout and save the redline. Now just got to get some cash coming in rather than all going 1 way. Out.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:10 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Got an email about my NIB shares which included a bit about a dividend reinvestment program (DRP). So I looked into it.

I got the shares for nothing as the private health fund I was in was some kind of mutual society, it de-mutualised and all members got free shares as part of the process.

I've never really looked to see how much they were worth as the dividends are very small, but had a look and my holding is worth over $5k. Very Happy

Shares have consistently gone up over time, so bang, signed up for the DRP.

That lead me to check out my Telstra shares and they too have a DRP. Must be a new addition, so I signed up for that as well. They're never going to hit the heights they did when the second lot was issued, but as the Government still owns 17% I can't see them ever going belly up so it's a solid investment considering I got that stake for nothing as well.

Tax return paid for the second hand ute I just bought to use as a runabout and save the redline. Now just got to get some cash coming in rather than all going 1 way. Out.

um , mine came today, and not 5 min ago i chucked it in the bin! i had no idea how much mine are worth, i just say thanks for the dividend cheque! so i just signed up and in, and thats just over 5 grand i didnt know i had!! holy crap! yeah ill be rolling mine over too! thanks for that!!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:00 pm

No problems,

It's not exactly a retire early windfall, but it's free money.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:18 pm

Finished 4 night shifts (4 x 10 hour shifts) last night was 12 hours. Now 5 and a half weeks leave: 3 weeks annual leave and 2 weeks LSL. Offically start on Monday, and start on a Thurday on the week I return. Very Happy

I'm over it, the job is tough and I need a break.

Youngest daughter who is working really hard got 2 high distinctions in her law course for Torts and Contract law which she found out this morning and she is stoked. She also works two days a week in the courts.

Oldest doing well in her job as a state manager and acting narional manager (at times) in womens retail and Mrs WPT is working far too hard to provide me with a lifestyle I've never been accomstomed to.

Bike was boxed and I took it to depot in North melbourne arranged by bicycle Queensland for transport to Cairns next week for the big ride.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 787, 788, 789 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 788 of 866   

Jump to: