Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 785, 786, 787 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

partypie wrote:
Jaidyn Stevenson says he eats 5 Weetbix 3 times a day!

Yeah, I heard that somewhere!!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:27 pm

watt price tully wrote:
partypie wrote:
Jaidyn Stevenson says he eats 5 Weetbix 3 times a day!

Yeah, I heard that somewhere!!

Well it works for him, he's built like a stick.

Mind you, so was I at his age.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:01 am

watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
^

You'd make a chubby Dwarf Wink

Cheers mate, the acting is just a bit of fun, not that I consider spending a friday night in Werribee fun.

Oops kg's!!!

Haha, I was trying to figure that one out, I'd settled on pants size.

I'm back up to 95kg, had 6 months off training with injury (torn shoulder tendon) and piled it on. Back training now and I'm bigger, stronger and slower than I've ever been Laughing
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:07 am

I feel for you with the shoulder tendon. I have the same, off to consultant next week. Makes sleeping a real bastard, as you roll over on it all the time, and everyday things difficult. Amazing joint, the shoulder, until youmr liaise that its sacrificed stability/durability for flexibility. We were not designed by nature to go much past 50.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:21 am

I'm turning 40 in February but 8 years or so of full contact grappling martial arts that focuses on joint locks has wrecked me. Wrists have no cartilage, shoulders are either torn (healed up now) or just have really low mobility.

Surprisingly my elbows are fine considering the hyperextension of the joint is one of the main submissions. Knees are getting iffy though.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:52 am

luvdids wrote:
Vita Brits, no alternative. 1 & 1/2, microwaved for 32 seconds. Delish.
However since I have to eat as little fibre as possible I now have Rice Bubbles with a sliced up banana in it every morning.

Curious about the microwaving never thought to do that! How come? Does it affect the texture much?

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:59 am

Wokko wrote:
I'm turning 40 in February but 8 years or so of full contact grappling martial arts that focuses on joint locks has wrecked me. Wrists have no cartilage, shoulders are either torn (healed up now) or just have really low mobility.

Surprisingly my elbows are fine considering the hyperextension of the joint is one of the main submissions. Knees are getting iffy though.

Sounds an insane thing to do to your body and not my cup of tea at all, but each to their own. Good luck with it. Im 56, rising 57. At this age you realise that just about everything you did when you were young has consequences - which only become apparent once your body no longer rejuvenates. So consider the future and go easy on it.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:34 am

When I don't do it I tend to get depressed and anxious; being in what is in effect controlled mortal combat is invigorating and great for stress. We live in such a pacified society, it's good to forget that and just live in the moment trying to not get choked unconscious Laughing
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:39 am

Wokko wrote:
When I don't do it I tend to get depressed and anxious; being in what is in effect controlled mortal combat is invigorating and great for stress. We live in such a pacified society, it's good to forget that and just live in the moment trying to not get choked unconscious Laughing

A pacified society ? Funny, I think there is more anger in society than I have seen at any other time in my life. There is no war, at least, thank God.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:56 am

There's a kid who I train with, he's 20 now but when he was 17 before he started training he was angry all the time, got stabbed at a party and was on the road to jail. Turned his life around with Jiu Jitsu. I tend to think that boys not having an outlet for aggression while having masculinity forced out of them is leading us down a pretty dark path.

Agree whole heartedly on the war sentiment; I don't want to see boys like him rounded up and sent into the industrial meat grinder of modern warfare.
K 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:50 am

I am angry all the time. Can I train with you?
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:28 am

^ you do a good job of hiding it, K.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:16 am

David wrote:

Curious about the microwaving never thought to do that! How come? Does it affect the texture much?

It heats it up and makes it mushy, quicker than a saucepan. branbix, 2, 47 seconds.

Have you ever tried to eat a wheatbix with no liquid of any kind? Had to do it in a challenge, its not easy!

I vary, depends on my mood, smoothie, porridge, branbix, turkey bacon and eggs with mushrooms and tomato. Occasionally cocoa pops! Usually as a topper! There is nothing in those kinds of cereal, and you get hungry too quickly afterwards.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:20 am

Wokko wrote:
There's a kid who I train with, he's 20 now but when he was 17 before he started training he was angry all the time, got stabbed at a party and was on the road to jail. Turned his life around with Jiu Jitsu. I tend to think that boys not having an outlet for aggression while having masculinity forced out of them is leading us down a pretty dark path.

Agree whole heartedly on the war sentiment; I don't want to see boys like him rounded up and sent into the industrial meat grinder of modern warfare.

Competitive sport is good for everyone, and I really miss it. Especially for kids though, natural way of learning about discipline, respect, team playing, drive, and yes a brilliant source of working off anxiety and anger.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:13 am

think positive wrote:
David wrote:

It heats it up and makes it mushy, quicker than a saucepan. branbix, 2, 47 seconds.

Have you ever tried to eat a wheatbix with no liquid of any kind? Had to do it in a challenge, its not easy!

Oh yeah, too many times to count! Certainly goes down better with milk or water, though (one technique I learned from my dad was that, when you run out of milk, you can just have Vita Brits with hot water still tastes pretty good).

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 785, 786, 787 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 786 of 866   

Jump to: