Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 784, 785, 786 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

They just taste so much better! Less sugar, too, for those of us (unlike me) who care about maintaining a good diet!

I can pinpoint the exact moment I defected from being a Weet-Bix adherent (given to trying to cram as many as I could into the one bowl as some kind of self-improvement exercise – the record was thirteen, for what it's worth) to worshipping at the new church of Uncle Toby's. I was about 12, I think, and it was love at first sight! Only rarely went back (and always regretted it when I did).

Besides Vita Brits, I maintain a fairly eclectic breakfastial diet of Special K, ALDI Rice Bubbles, Fruity-Bix, natural muesli and instant porridge. I have never quite gotten over the loss of Sanitarium 'Skippy' Corn Flakes, and so refuse to buy Kellogg's dreadful, flavourless faux-flakes or the (superior, but nevertheless disappointing) no-name-brand alternatives.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:29 pm

David wrote:
^ I'm more of a Vita Brits kind of guy, but am still partial to the odd Weet-Bix now and then!

The other morning, I had the 4 weet bix, chopped up Carnarvon banana (juicy little suckers, unlike those monster floury Qld crap ones) and a chopped up GOLDEN kiwi fruit.... have you tried one of those? They are delicious!

https://www.zesprikiwi.com/kiwifruit/green-vs-gold-kiwifruit/

Only two cereals healthy enough to eat everyday

Of 42 cereals containing chocolate or obviously marketed to young people, Choice found only Sanitarium's Weet-Bix Kids and Uncle Tobys VitaBrits Weeties could be recommended as everyday cereals.

The other 40 contained either too much sugar or salt, while some including Kellogg's Nutri-Grain, Coco Pops Chex and Crispix Honey scored highly in both categories.

When it came to the nation's best-selling cereals, Sanitarium's Weet-Bix was the only brand to also make it into Choice's top 10 healthiest list, while Kellogg's Sultana Bran was classed as OK given its high quantity of fibre and mainly fruit-based sugar content.

https://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/health-and-wellness/only-two-cereals-healthy-enough-to-eat-everyday-20090429-amlt.html

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:42 pm

Vita Brits, no alternative. 1 & 1/2, microwaved for 32 seconds. Delish.
However since I have to eat as little fibre as possible I now have Rice Bubbles with a sliced up banana in it every morning.
Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:44 pm

luvdids wrote:
However since I have to eat as little fibre as possible I now have Rice Bubbles with a sliced up banana in it every morning.

Rice Bubbles!

I hadn't eaten them for decades and noticed they had some in one of the cereal dispensers up here on-site... thought I'd give 'em a go.

They are the most tasteless thing I've ever had.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:02 pm

David wrote:
They just taste so much better! Less sugar, too, for those of us (unlike me) who care about maintaining a good diet! .

Slightly less sugar and a lot more salt in Vita Brits, hence they get the 4.5 star health rating and weetbix get 5.

https://www.choice.com.au/food-and-drink/bread-cereal-and-grains/cereal-and-muesli/articles/breakfast-cereal-review

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:41 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Actually got a call back today about a job I applied for. Smile

Had a chat to the head of HR, I'd made the long short list, she was culling to the interview list or short short list. I think it went well, we seemed on the same page, but depends what she's after. Hope to hear tomorrow or Friday if I get an interview next week, then if I do, I have to decide whether to have a shave and a haircut. Embarassed

So, no interview, no second call back.

And you know what, I don't really care that much. I'm coming to the realisation that me and the current version of HR may just not be compatible.

So, I'm just taking a chill for the moment, I'll watch the job ads but I'm back to being selective. I've got enough cash to last another 12 months if I have to and if worst comes to worst I have rope in the shed but that option is a fair way back still.

Got a ute organised, pick it up Saturday with a RWC and 6 months rego which will save the redline from getting beaten up, have an acting gig on Friday for I think a new Stan miniseries Bloom, that I tried to get our of but got talked back into (my acting debut on Neigbours last night was funny, I think my face was on screen for about 1 second and my female partner, nil, while the pommy chick in the white jeans arse got about 6 seconds) so while everything isn't going to script, it could be a shitpile worse.

The only thing pissing me off is my weight just won't drop below 101kg. I eat 2 small meals a day for 3 days in a row and lots of exercise, it goes up, I eat 3 and sit on my arse it goes down, but stays between 101 and 103. Confused

K 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:47 pm

Oh, last night... Ugghhh... Missed it...
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:22 pm

Skids wrote:
luvdids wrote:

Rice Bubbles!

I hadn't eaten them for decades and noticed they had some in one of the cereal dispensers up here on-site... thought I'd give 'em a go.

They are the most tasteless thing I've ever had.

Coz when we were kids we put lots of things to make them sweet: sugar etc now we don't put sugar on things an they taste well... tasteless.

Mind you I was a coco-pops boy as a kid. Mum used make semolina & we put cocoa in the semolina

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:24 pm

stui magpie wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Had a chat to the head of HR, I'd made the long short list, she was culling to the interview list or short short list. I think it went well, we seemed on the same page, but depends what she's after. Hope to hear tomorrow or Friday if I get an interview next week, then if I do, I have to decide whether to have a shave and a haircut. Embarassed

And you know what, I don't really care that much. I'm coming to the realisation that me and the current version of HR may just not be compatible.

So, I'm just taking a chill for the moment, I'll watch the job ads but I'm back to being selective. I've got enough cash to last another 12 months if I have to and if worst comes to worst I have rope in the shed but that option is a fair way back still.

Got a ute organised, pick it up Saturday with a RWC and 6 months rego which will save the redline from getting beaten up, have an acting gig on Friday for I think a new Stan miniseries Bloom, that I tried to get our of but got talked back into (my acting debut on Neigbours last night was funny, I think my face was on screen for about 1 second and my female partner, nil, while the pommy chick in the white jeans arse got about 6 seconds) so while everything isn't going to script, it could be a shitpile worse.

The only thing pissing me off is my weight just won't drop below 101kg. I eat 2 small meals a day for 3 days in a row and lots of exercise, it goes up, I eat 3 and sit on my arse it goes down, but stays between 101 and 103. Confused

I dream of being 101-103 cm.

Good luck with the acting

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:31 pm

^

You'd make a chubby Dwarf Wink

Cheers mate, the acting is just a bit of fun, not that I consider spending a friday night in Werribee fun.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:59 pm

stui magpie wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Sorry to hear it. The modern economy, with its cheap worship of youth and diversity, is a machine for wasting talent. Keep plugging away, it’ll come good.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:04 pm

watt price tully wrote:
David wrote:
^ I'm more of a Vita Brits kind of guy, but am still partial to the odd Weet-Bix now and then!

Vita Brits WTF. Who eats friggin' Vita Brits? I do worry about you David. Mrs WPT bought some a while ago. Terribel decsion. I always have Weet-Bix in the cupboard and porridge. Mrs WPT occasionally buys the newer Freedom cereals Rolling Eyes

Both wet box and vita brits are paper bricks. Served in milk. Ugh. Steel cut oats are the best breakfast cereal. Bastard to make, 15 mins of stirring (though microwaveable is soaked for a few hours beforehand), but they taste like food for a human being.

partypie 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:46 pm

Jaidyn Stevenson says he eats 5 Weetbix 3 times a day!
Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:46 pm

We all know, the best cereal is - bacon 'n eggs!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:49 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

You'd make a chubby Dwarf Wink

Cheers mate, the acting is just a bit of fun, not that I consider spending a friday night in Werribee fun.

Oops kg's!!!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 784, 785, 786 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 785 of 866   

Jump to: