Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 776, 777, 778 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
Leath and lala have arrived in Athens. Very Happy

That's a long trip with the stopover in Singapore, considering I dropped her off at the airport at 10am yesterday.

Looking forward to following her on Facebook and hoping I don't have to go all Liam Neeson on Europe

Cool movie though! Can you jump rooftops??ill stalk your page to check out the pics! I love holiday snaps!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:54 am

Just got back from a ricde to Frankston & Olivers Hill.

Distance: 82 ks.
Top speed: 62.8 km's / hr
Average speed: 25.2 km/hr
Calorie loss: 4140
Knees: Not too bad - ouside right not the knee but " tendon falt a bit but all good now
Arse: A bit of a barge but not sore (the butt cream working well)
Back: nil isssues ( a bit when I first started at 7.10 this morning but stiff from waking and no stretching)
Fluids: 2 bottles of water: 750 ml each and stopped for 10-15 in Mordy for coffeee on the way back.

Tacked on to a group from mentone all the way back to North Road making riding a hell of a lot easier.

Danger: bikes: 1 older dickhead who rides fast in a group thinks it's OK to ride 1cm next to you as the group passes - gave hiim a verbal spray. Cars: all good today.

Now for brekky/brunch, magnesium tablets and make two rolls for the footy Very Happy

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:43 pm

Your nuts! And they must be sore too!!

Well dont you!

My sisters made me very happy! The younger one left my MIL funeral on Thursday and drove to warnambool, hues a truck and started sorting and cleaning, the older one drove up there Friday morning and they worked all day, still wont get the bond back because dad made very crude modifications everywhere but did their best. They wont tell me how much it all cost (rent bond in new place movers etc) so Im just gunna put money in their account. Its worth it to not have to go there. They didnt tell me what they were doing so I wouldnt go. That just really means so much. Im sick as a dog (expected that I always hold it together and then fall in a heap when the last flower falls.) but junior really wanted me to go to the footy so Im drugged up, wrapped up, the umps get a break cos I cant talk! Cmon Pies!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:48 am

Looking at the daughters holiday snaps on Facebook.

They've just done a tour of the city of Chania on the Isle of Crete. Now my knowledge of European geography is shite, so I had to google it. Wow.

Dead smack in the middle of the Mediterranean sea, far closer to Libya, Syria , Turkey and Egypt than to France or the UK. Lots of history to the place as you'd expect.

I've never really had the urge to visit Europe, but I may revisit that as I follow her holiday.

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:11 am

Europe is great, recommend going there to anyone - everything is so close & it's much more interesting than America IMHO (glad I went to the US & checked it out but been there, done that, much more to see, still think you'd like Vietnam too).

What made ME happy was my weekly Sunday night walk with my neighbour (being woman wouldn't possible go on my own!) where we did our usual 4.4km route and smashed our pace - first time we did 10.26 mins per km, last night we were down to 9.48mins per km.

Strava app tracks all the stats, burned 469 calories & the km split with 11m elevation was 9.54 minutes, first time we did it that km was 10.09. We powered up that MF Cool
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:46 pm

Got a phone call this arvo from someone i used to work with at my last job. The reason for the call was that she's confirmed what we both knew, i was overpaid in my separation payment. I won't go into details but both me and the payroll manager queried the calculation at the time, but thr new IR person was adamant that they were right. They weren't.

Good luck getting it back, the amount is detailed in a signed deed of release.

The part that really made ne happy, also made me a bit sad. Apparently I'm missed by those who worked for me and it's not a pleasant place to work anymore. Some people who used to enjoy coming to work, now wake up dreading it apparently.

I'm happy with the compliment and happy I'm not there anymore, but I'm sad that the culture we had has been destroyed and it's no longer a good place to work

On reflection, the other bit i was happy about was how my brain kicked into gear when she was describing work situations. It is like riding a bike, you may be out of practice but you never forget how or that you're always a tool in lycra.

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:22 pm

Ummm, why would payroll be discussing your pay with some other employee?
Not very ethical.
Where are you working now?
K 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:29 pm

^ Bound for Hollywood (soon --- we think).
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:57 pm

luvdids wrote:
Not very ethical.

Payroll did a quote for my payout, it was discussed with the IR manager on direction from the head of HR. nothing unethical there.

Now, I'm an unemployed bum looking for a job.

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:05 am

stui magpie wrote:
luvdids wrote:
Not very ethical.

Payroll did a quote for my payout, it was discussed with the IR manager on direction from the head of HR. nothing unethical there.

No, that doesn't sound unethical but- who's the bird that called you? I was meaning discussing your pay with someone else sounded dodgy, unless she's the IR manager or head of HR.

And oh, didn't realise you were still unemployed, any prospects? What are you looking to do?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:21 am

stui magpie wrote:
luvdids wrote:
Not very ethical.

uh hmmm, i believe the term is actor with other interests!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:45 pm

luvdids wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
luvdids wrote:
Not very ethical.

No, that doesn't sound unethical but- who's the bird that called you? I was meaning discussing your pay with someone else sounded dodgy, unless she's the IR manager or head of HR.

And oh, didn't realise you were still unemployed, any prospects? What are you looking to do?

All discussions were above board, no dramas.

I've started aplying for HR jobs, waiting hear back on a couple at the moment. Part time on good coin would be great but those jobs are few and far between so I'm also looking at full time close to home.

As much as i enjoy handyman work, it would kill me to do it full time and anything less wouldn't pay enough, so I'm screwed. Anyway, had a good break, I'm ready to saddle up for a few more years til i can get my super. I've got enough cash to last me another 12 months if i need to, but I'd rather get some coming in and keep the cash as a nest egg.

The acting was fun, I'll keep having a go while i can, but it's not going to pay the bills

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:00 am

Oh, sorry, didn't realise you were still looking - don't come in here much & don't tend to trawl through the pages I've missed.

If you don't mind me asking, have any of the jobs you've applied for queried what you've been doing since the last one, like - why so long not working? We get applicants with gaps in employment & for whatever reason the owners aren't really keen on them. Which I don't get, if they take time off to travel or whatever, what difference should it make?

Have you done more than the Neighbours gig? Never know, could be the next George Clooney! Smile
K 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:15 pm

luvdids wrote:
... like - why so long not working? We get applicants with gaps in employment & for whatever reason the owners aren't really keen on them. Which I don't get, if they take time off to travel or whatever, what difference should it make?

Is (say) 6mths, 12mths, 18mths, ... really regarded as "so long" by employers?
I thought that was quite short, actually...
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:13 pm

luvdids wrote:
Oh, sorry, didn't realise you were still looking - don't come in here much & don't tend to trawl through the pages I've missed.

If you don't mind me asking, have any of the jobs you've applied for queried what you've been doing since the last one, like - why so long not working? We get applicants with gaps in employment & for whatever reason the owners aren't really keen on them. Which I don't get, if they take time off to travel or whatever, what difference should it make?

Have you done more than the Neighbours gig? Never know, could be the next George Clooney! Smile

When ive applied for jobs via recruitment agencies, they've asked. I put on my linkedin prfile that i was having a career break.

Jobs I've just applied for direct, I'm yet to get an interview which is a tad frustration as most of them i could do in my sleep

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 776, 777, 778 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 777 of 866   

Jump to: