Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 775, 776, 777 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:52 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
^ add that to Burpees and kettle bell training. Gonna need to build up on them slowly though.

Id give the full burpees a miss at your height, age, size (not picking on any of them ) some excercises need restrictions. Burpees are one, lot of strain on your back (back problems before?tick) knees, ditto, hips and even ankles.

Get to an age where explosive training is not helpful, but harmful

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:44 am

^

I'm just starting out with them, taking it real quiet (started off with 5) and looking to add them to a mix as they work different muscles to the weights I do. I got a yoga mat to help absorb some of the impact.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:15 pm

My mother in law has been in the nursing home since last Friday.
Brought both girls in yesterday, she was obviously not good, but she told them she loved them and we hugged it out. Had to use the electric bed to prop her up. Just 4 weeks ago She was fine, bit of a cold, which turned out to be the cancer spreading to her lungs and liver. She never complained, but She went down hill before our eyes.

This morning She had brekky, a shower and sat in her chair. 30 min later they found her, she just drifted off to sleep. If only we could all go that way.

RIP Rose, thank you for being a great mother in law. Ill miss you xx

The hard part is explaining it to my FIL, almost blind, dementia, for his sake I hope hes not far behind here. We have been sitting with him for about 3 hours, its been a long day.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:27 pm

Bugger. Hope it's as quick for the FIL as for the MIL.

My grandmother went like that. Funny thing was, she had nothing wrong with her to my knowledge other than a busted hip.

She was 97, knew she would never go home again, one afternoon she had a sandwich for lunch, told the nurse she was going to have a nap and when they came back she was dead. We reckon she just decided she'd had enough and decided to check out.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:51 pm

Kettlebell swings really bite. Damn near a whole body workout, but I must be getting fitter as the ache is going away quicker and quicker.

Did a pre and post lunch short session on the kettlebell, then after I did weights in the afternoon at first it felt like I'd never use my arms again, but in a short time the ache is gone and I'm starting to like it.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:50 am

stui magpie wrote:

My grandmother went like that. Funny thing was, she had nothing wrong with her to my knowledge other than a busted hip.

She was 97, knew she would never go home again, one afternoon she had a sandwich for lunch, told the nurse she was going to have a nap and when they came back she was dead. We reckon she just decided she'd had enough and decided to check out.

Yeah I agree. She had her hair coloured at the on-site hairdresser yesterday, and she had a shower and got dressed nicely. I dont think I eve4 saw her without lipstick on. Im at peace with it. Im going to go check on my FIL in the morning, he remembered that Ian died last year, but not his son in law this year, Im hoping he does because it would be awful to have to keep breaking his heart. She was 88 married 60 odd years.

Cheers,

Ps I love kettle bells, Id love to sling one one day!

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:54 am

What happened to them?
ronrat 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:50 am

stui magpie wrote:

My great nan was 98 and fell over making a cup of tea in her own home and died a week later. Pneumonia gets in the bones and nothing you can do about it. My Grandad reckoned someone mankaded her out at the bowlers end. She outlived 6 of her boys and a daughter. No way she gave up. They place her in a retirement home when she was 92 and and she left in a taxi and turned up at her daughters house saying I want to go home. I didn't send my sons to war to live in a concentration camp. Every bus driver in Perth knew her. She never learnt to drive. When I was a baby in Perth in the early 60s she was in her 80s and hardly anyone had a phone. She would turn up and Mum would answer the door bell and her 4 foot Nana would be there wanting to see me and my baby sister Mum would make her a cup of tea and find some cake and wait for Dad to get home in the company car to drive her back from Mount Pleasant to Cottesloe. They sold her home and put a granny flat in her eldest daughters back yard. She was still doing her own washing at 96 .

It was a shock when she passed. It was going to be the biggest pissup seen in Leonora when she turned a 100. Bloody shame but at least the old girl hardly suffered.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:53 pm

I'm sorry for your loss, Jo.

Condolences to you and your family.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:59 pm

Jezza wrote:
I'm sorry for your loss, Jo.

Condolences to you and your family.

Thanks Jezza, much appreciated. Wink

Im working on pics now, fixing some old photos up, but ill be at the footy tomorrow, thankfully! It keeps me sane!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:14 pm

My camera bug soothes my soul!
practicing Natural lighting, ie dont use a flash, find the light, either physically or with camera settings. Im really stoked how these came out!! very little editing!

Note pic 3 that Beau was just starting to shake and his back end is still stationary and his nose is in focus! I blew my own mind with that shot as with the light a really fast shutter speed isnt possible (longer shutter is open, more light gets in)!! A cool fluke!!

hes such a poser!

shakin all over!

double exposure!

cheers

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:41 pm

think positive wrote:
Brought both girls in yesterday, she was obviously not good, but she told them she loved them and we hugged it out. Had to use the electric bed to prop her up. Just 4 weeks ago She was fine, bit of a cold, which turned out to be the cancer spreading to her lungs and liver. She never complained, but She went down hill before our eyes.

This morning She had brekky, a shower and sat in her chair. 30 min later they found her, she just drifted off to sleep. If only we could all go that way.

The hard part is explaining it to my FIL, almost blind, dementia, for his sake I hope hes not far behind here. We have been sitting with him for about 3 hours, its been a long day.

Sorry to hear TP. Condolences to you and your family.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:43 pm

think positive wrote:
My camera bug soothes my soul!
practicing Natural lighting, ie dont use a flash, find the light, either physically or with camera settings. Im really stoked how these came out!! very little editing!

Note pic 3 that Beau was just starting to shake and his back end is still stationary and his nose is in focus! I blew my own mind with that shot as with the light a really fast shutter speed isnt possible (longer shutter is open, more light gets in)!! A cool fluke!!

hes such a poser!

cheers

Incredible. Spitiing image of my (late) labradoodle except mine was a standard poodle size.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:56 am

watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:

Sorry to hear TP. Condolences to you and your family.

Thanks Mate, much appreciated.

its been 3 family funerals in just 14 months, unbelievable.

watt price tully wrote:

Incredible. Spitiing image of my (late) labradoodle except mine was a standard poodle size.

did i see him once at training years ago? there were 2 of them?

this fellow is supposed to be a toy poodle, but hes a lot bigger than the other 3 toys we have had/have! Hes a total sweetheart though, not a mean bone in his body! dumb though, cant leave anything out! I was knackered last night after a family meeting about the funeral, and plonked on the couch and fell asleep, little devil took my hearing aide of the side table! luckily he chewed the tube end, not the battery!!

cheers mate xx

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:58 pm

Leath and lala have arrived in Athens. Very Happy

That's a long trip with the stopover in Singapore, considering I dropped her off at the airport at 10am yesterday.

Looking forward to following her on Facebook and hoping I don't have to go all Liam Neeson on Europe

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 775, 776, 777 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 776 of 866   

Jump to: