Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 774, 775, 776 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Waking up to the news that 4 boys are out of the cave and alive....
Can you just imagine being a parent of one of the boys that is/was trapped?

All the crap and shit in the world, the efforts that have gone into freeing these boys and their coach,
One life lost....

How bloody good would it be if they get them all out, with no more loss?

Can the whole world just celebrate this??

and here is to this aussie hero:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-09/thai-cave-rescue-adelaide-doctor-highly-skilled-colleague-says/9957074

K 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:22 pm

^ Yes. Smile Last night Channel 7 covered this for an hour or two & I was actually thinking about starting a dedicated thread about it...

11pm Update:

Four more boys have been rescued tonight, leaving four plus their coach still to be rescued.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:16 am

K wrote:
^ Yes. Smile Last night Channel 7 covered this for an hour or two & I was actually thinking about starting a dedicated thread about it...

11pm Update:

Four more boys have been rescued tonight, leaving four plus their coach still to be rescued.

Fantastic, Ive been tracking the live site all day! So awesome

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:44 am

ronrat wrote:
https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1046586-lions-eat-rhino-poachers-on-south-african-game-reserve/?utm_source=newsletter-20180706-1225&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news

Lippy the lion and Hardie har har. Or as they say in Thailand Som nom mar (serves you right). Just a pity it was not some american trophy hunter where the publicity would have gone through the roof.

I laughed when I read this story...

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:46 pm

Dark Beanie wrote:
ronrat wrote:
https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1046586-lions-eat-rhino-poachers-on-south-african-game-reserve/?utm_source=newsletter-20180706-1225&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news

Lippy the lion and Hardie har har. Or as they say in Thailand Som nom mar (serves you right). Just a pity it was not some american trophy hunter where the publicity would have gone through the roof.

I laughed when I read this story...

Same here in this family when we first heard it.

Last edited by watt price tully on Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:51 pm

Just got back from a 90km ride today. Olivers Hill and a bit more: Mt Eliza and back. Stopped in Seaford on the way back for coffee and a bit of lunch (toasted omlette wrap with a side salad). Sunday week ago it was the outside of my left knee, today the ouside of my right knee. I don't stretch so I need to see a physio good at bikes to give me some exercises.

Tomorrow laps of the pool (outside at the Harold Holt memorial swimming pool - what a great name for a pool) to do 1km in the slow lane). Except I'm eating for a family of four and we haven't had a family of four for quite a few years now.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:22 pm

That cycling, bad for the knees.

After having the mopes yesterday I did a 2km walk this morning, then got onto the weights this arvo.

I've got one of those weight machines that has all the pulleys and cables attached to the weights (picked it up for nothing few years back). I've been going at it for a while on the 3rd hole in the weight stack. Got up to 4 reps of 10 of each of the sitting bench press and the pull down. Moved it up to 4 last week. I dunno what the actual weight is, but the son and his female friend has a quick go last night when they came over for dinner. He agreed it had some weight to it, she couldn't budge it and trying to do the pull downs was lifting her off the bench so it's heavier than her (est 55-65kg)

Got up to 4 reps of 10 on the heavier weight today Very Happy

Walking and boxing training (speedball and heavy bag) is the only cardio I'm doing. I can't jog or cycle as my legs just can't deal with it

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:03 pm

12 little Boars and their coach all out of the cave and safe, how awesome, what a magnificent effort.
RIP to the seal who made the ultimate sacrifice....

Just imagine being the parent of one of those kids
K 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:05 pm

think positive wrote:

think positive wrote:
Waking up to the news that 4 boys are out of the cave and alive.... <snip>

K wrote:
^ Yes. Smile <snip>

11pm Update: Four more boys have been rescued tonight, leaving four plus their coach still to be rescued.

Fantastic, Ive been tracking the live site all day! So awesome

Media now reporting all 12 boys plus coach are out.

Presumably Dr. Richard Harris will follow them out, now they've all been signed off.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:08 pm

Snap!
K 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:11 pm

Trying to post image from ThaiSEAL FB page (https://www.facebook.com/ThaiSEAL/) , but it's not working...
Perhaps I'll try again later.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:00 am

Living in Thailand it is huge news here. I read that they were promised tickets to the world cup final but the Doctors have quite rightly said no. But Merchandising United has promised them a visit to Old Trafford. All good sentiments but I don't imagine there is any great desire to get into a confined space for some time. Much better the kids get back to school and soccer practice.

I had a chuckle when some "expert" from England was talking to Bevvo about the need for them to come back to taking risks. She clearly has never been to Thailand . Nearly every Thai boy gets use of a motorbike at the age of 12 (or younger) and drive around blithely ignoring all road rules and refusing to wear protective clothing including helmets. If they get fined they simply don't pay it. The coppers turn a blind eye to it. In Vietnam and Cambodia (well in the big cities) they enforce the law.

It would be nice if some Thai resort on an island would offer some of the rescuers a holiday where the diving would be much more fun and include their partners who would have been on a knifes edge for weeks.

It is a sign that the Thai PM was there and not the new king. Although at some stage I imagine the 13 will meet him or more likely his hard working sister.

RIP to the dead bloke but duty done. Well done to all concerned.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:38 am

stui magpie wrote:

My knees are always fine the next day. It's actually not the knees as such but the ?tendons (connective tissue) quite near the outside of the knee. Issues re stretching properly etc.

This morning good as gold.

However I do need to find a bike physio and get the bike properly fitted for me which will largely deal with the issues.

Great stuff you're doing the weights. Weights & walking are a great double.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:33 pm

^ add that to Burpees and kettle bell training. Gonna need to build up on them slowly though.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:49 am

watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

My knees are always fine the next day. It's actually not the knees as such but the ?tendons (connective tissue) quite near the outside of the knee. Issues re stretching properly etc.

This morning good as gold.

However I do need to find a bike physio and get the bike properly fitted for me which will largely deal with the issues.

Great stuff you're doing the weights. Weights & walking are a great double.

If you cant get to the physio soon try this, cant hurt

https://www.runnersworld.com/it-band-syndrome/

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 774, 775, 776 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 775 of 866   

Jump to: