Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 748, 749, 750 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:46 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's no Versailles, that bathroom , is it ? The dog wants its money back.

Still, one of the joys of a holiday house is that it doesn't have to be. Good luck with the renos and thanks for putting the pics up.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:34 pm

The bathroom is never going to appear in any magazines or on TV, but it's clean and functional so I'm disinclined to spend coin for appearances.

You take a shit in there and wash yourself in there, you don't spend hours per day in there.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:07 pm

stui magpie wrote:
The bathroom is never going to appear in any magazines or on TV, but it's clean and functional so I'm disinclined to spend coin for appearances.

You take a shit in there and wash yourself in there, you don't spend hours per day in there.

Shame on you. That's practically un-Australian.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:12 pm

Shocked Razz Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

It works mate, don't **** with it. Razz Wink

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:16 pm

He wrote "Total Recall", "Man in the High Castle", and "Blade Runner. "
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:37 pm

The ending.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:46 pm

Young bloke from "the Drain man" came out today to fix the blockage in the sewer / storm water / grey water pipe. Damn he was good.

First he ran the camera down the pipe. He had a thingo with a screen so he could see what the camera could and it also measured distance. So 22 metres down he found the blockage.

First up, called the water company and got a bloke to check the plan to see if the blockage was my problem or the water companies "no point you paying me if it's their job" he said. Bugger, 1.5m on my side. Oh well, off he goes.

Runs a high pressure hose that has a small metal head with a number of tiny holes that shoot out needles of high pressure water. Used that til he got the blockage clear, then swapped the head for a bigger one that actually cut through tree roots with the high pressure water.

Geez he was good. The way we watched the screen while moving the camera with one hand and the water hose with the other to get just the right touch was like watching a vascular surgeon at work. I commented that he had great touch, he said thanks and that it had taken a couple of years to master. he much prefers the water than the mechanical auger as you have a lot less feel and touch with those.

Cleaned the blockage and cleared the pipe of roots, for now anyway.

29, very polite, well mannered and well spoken, happy to have a chat, very nice kid for a Carlton supporter.

Cost me $500, but money well spent

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:12 pm

^ bloody good story. There is always something heartening about someone doing a good honest job, showcasing human ingenuity in the process. It's also another amazing application of digital probe technology.

I got a crappy tooth done yesterday, root canal and the rest, and they now show you everything on a large magnifying screen above the chair as they are doing it. I'm not sure I'd want that when they were actually drilling, though perhaps it's better to see what is happening than to await the nerve shock - but as an explanation of what was wrong and options to fix it, it was great. This type of digital technology has made a difference to so many things.

Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:53 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Young bloke from "the Drain man"

Drain man equals rip off. Same result for half the price from a small operator. I've got all that gear, but if I was charging 5 hunge for every blockage, I'd go out of business.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:05 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Young bloke from "the Drain man" came out today to fix the blockage in the sewer / storm water / grey water pipe. Damn he was good.

First he ran the camera down the pipe. He had a thingo with a screen so he could see what the camera could and it also measured distance. So 22 metres down he found the blockage.

First up, called the water company and got a bloke to check the plan to see if the blockage was my problem or the water companies "no point you paying me if it's their job" he said. Bugger, 1.5m on my side. Oh well, off he goes.

Runs a high pressure hose that has a small metal head with a number of tiny holes that shoot out needles of high pressure water. Used that til he got the blockage clear, then swapped the head for a bigger one that actually cut through tree roots with the high pressure water.

Geez he was good. The way we watched the screen while moving the camera with one hand and the water hose with the other to get just the right touch was like watching a vascular surgeon at work. I commented that he had great touch, he said thanks and that it had taken a couple of years to master. he much prefers the water than the mechanical auger as you have a lot less feel and touch with those.

Cleaned the blockage and cleared the pipe of roots, for now anyway.

29, very polite, well mannered and well spoken, happy to have a chat, very nice kid for a Carlton supporter.

Sounds a lot less messy too. Good info, cheers, well done
(Did you convert him?)

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:07 pm

I will take that under advisement. And second?
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:31 pm

Nice weather today, got the smoker going in the backyard with a pork shoulder and some beef short ribs. Chuck some burgers and snags on later.

Some coleslaw, potato salad and some bread rolls, that,s dinner tonight

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:01 pm

Yum, don’t you just love BBQ weather?! I love Sunday dinner, cos hubby cooks it! Tonight BBQ chicken, and left over salads and veggies I made for dinner last night.

Got so much done today, hubby and junior were working, they left at 5am, eldest and BF slept til 11.30 and the puppy woke me at 7.30 so I got stuck into the EOFY taxes, all done, and then the guy over the back fence came over and we pruned his trees that were dropping Leaves and seeds in the pool. He and his kids even helped me clean it all up! Downloaded and sorted all the pics from Hawaii, inc the GoPro, gunna hit the spa with a Jim beam! Cheers!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:13 pm

Family came over, at outside, little bloke was like a wind up toy, full tilt round the yard. God I love the warm weather and daylight savings.

Took the little bloke into the park next door after dinner, few people in there, little bloke just runs over and yaps to anyone.

Asian woman comes in with 2 daughters. Chatting to her, she asked me what the little blokes name was.

Tyler I told her.

Couple of minutes later, he ran up to her and started yammering. She said to me, it's like he's speaking in a foreign language. I said, he's speaking tylerese. She looked at me confused until her (around) 10 year old daughter whispered in her ear and explained. Ah, she said, she's Australian I'm not, she understands, sorry.

Laughing Laughing

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:08 pm

That’s so cute, he’d be about 18 months 2 years now?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 748, 749, 750 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 749 of 866   

Jump to: