Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 726, 727, 728 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 2:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday was a chill day, bit of lunch and shopping in town, then sit by the river with a scotch, a magazine and a camera. Got some great shots of a couple of young deer (no swoop, the bambi kind) and heaps of the mountains as the sun went down.

Today we said goodbye to Jasper, and took off to the Columbia Ice Fields, where we took a tour out onto a glacier (the parks are all protected, this is the only glacier your allowed to walk on), pretty amamzing. Then off to the glass walk in the clouds. Eww, hate heights! But I got out there!

About 5 Klm later, hubby slows real fast, 'bear' he says! And oh my gosh there he was! A black bear munching away on the nature strip, not fussed at all. We backed up and took some pics, and he came over to the car, wound the window up bloody fast, I tell ya! He looked at us for a while, then strolled around the back, he must have smelled the bananas or donuts, and he had a munch on the bumper! Such an unreal experience! Then it was off to the Banff gondola, for some mind blowing views, this place is ginormous! Last day tomorrow, then off to Vancouver for a night before we board the ship through the inside passage, to Seward Alaska! Man I am pinching myself! Cheers

And give the boys a cheer for me please!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 3:56 pm

Columbia ice Fields?

I thought they made Coke in Columbia, not Ice, and that it was in Sth America not Canada.

Confused

Razz Wink

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 4:19 pm

Morrigu wrote:
Flying out tomorrow morning at some ungodly hour to join the hubby in Victoria Falls Zimbabwe Very Happy

No fog, no system failures please.... Ta very much Razz

Have a great time Morrigu.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 4:28 pm

think positive wrote:
Yesterday was a chill day, bit of lunch and shopping in town, then sit by the river with a scotch, a magazine and a camera. Got some great shots of a couple of young deer (no swoop, the bambi kind) and heaps of the mountains as the sun went down.

Today we said goodbye to Jasper, and took off to the Columbia Ice Fields, where we took a tour out onto a glacier (the parks are all protected, this is the only glacier your allowed to walk on), pretty amamzing. Then off to the glass walk in the clouds. Eww, hate heights! But I got out there!

About 5 Klm later, hubby slows real fast, 'bear' he says! And oh my gosh there he was! A black bear munching away on the nature strip, not fussed at all. We backed up and took some pics, and he came over to the car, wound the window up bloody fast, I tell ya! He looked at us for a while, then strolled around the back, he must have smelled the bananas or donuts, and he had a munch on the bumper! Such an unreal experience! Then it was off to the Banff gondola, for some mind blowing views, this place is ginormous! Last day tomorrow, then off to Vancouver for a night before we board the ship through the inside passage, to Seward Alaska! Man I am pinching myself! Cheers

And give the boys a cheer for me please!

Wow, what a great experience. Your collective hearts must have been pounding with the bear and all.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 4:43 pm

Youngest went to see a baseball game in New York, Yankees v Kansas City Royals.

Finally got back paid for the pay rise (7 months back pay of 4.5%) with an ongoing 3% till next April: paid for a fair bit of the trip to Thailand.

Rode to Frankston yesterday (about 90km's) up the short Oliver's Hill & turned around straight away - wow flying down hill is great fun on a bike.

Booked & paid for my place & tent for the Queensland Bike tour this year: Goondiwindi to Gold Coast in September.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 3:51 am

Love the atmosphere at the baseball! Seeing the Yankees would be awesome the crowd would be nuts!

And we'll done on all accounts- 90 klm? Ow my cheeks hurt thinking about it

Cheers

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 3:54 am

Sometimes I think love is just a biological urge. Other times LOVE seems like a spiritual quality. Love, unlike energy or matter, seems limitless.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 5:45 pm

Sailing through the inside passage, into the sunset, watching huge bald eagles zooming around, and a whale spouts off and breaks the surface! Day turns to night, (at 10.30!) and dancing to shook me all night long with some new friends, simply awesome. Ketchikan tomorrow, I'm still pinching myself! Cheers

(And yes had a couple of cocktails, nice!)

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:34 pm

Well Ketchikan was a quaint little town, Juneau today was simply awesome! Went out to a glacier and waterfall, simply spectacular, got some great pics of a bald eagle flying around, I'll post some when I get home. Then we went out on a whale watching boat, one whale pug on what can only be described as a performance! Trying to download the pics, but my laptop decided it's a good time to update! Aghhh! What a day, finished with a tour of the town. I highly recommend Alaska to everybody, it's simply Devine, peaceful, beautiful, mesmerising, cheers, dog sledding tomorrow!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:13 am

think positive wrote:
Well Ketchikan was a quaint little town, Juneau today was simply awesome! Went out to a glacier and waterfall, simply spectacular, got some great pics of a bald eagle flying around, I'll post some when I get home. Then we went out on a whale watching boat, one whale pug on what can only be described as a performance! Trying to download the pics, but my laptop decided it's a good time to update! Aghhh! What a day, finished with a tour of the town. I highly recommend Alaska to everybody, it's simply Devine, peaceful, beautiful, mesmerising, cheers, dog sledding tomorrow!

Great stuff TP. (Keep on) having a great time.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:57 am

Went with a friend to see the first night of IOT that is "In Oakleigh Tonight" at the caravan Club at the Oakleigh RSL.

Hosted by John Van De Goes from 3RRR it was a live version of the old TV format of IMT (In Melbourne Tonight)

House band was terrific, guests included the lead singer from Painters & Dockers & the former Lead singer from Frente (Oh we're all getting older) as well as the poetry of Ian Bland and a finishing song of "Got my Mojo Workin" with the house band and the the great voice of Loretta

It had a wheel, one karaoke song which was suprizingly very good. A bit of a talk with each of the singing guests - a variety night that was good fun.

http://www.caravanmusic.com.au/gigs/in-oakleigh-tonight-with-jvg/

The piano accordion player is a classically trained musician from the band "The band who knew too much":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaCSjJaKELk

In Oakleigh Tonight is on the first Thursday of every month. Last night was the inaugural show

ronrat 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:20 am

think positive wrote:

We have family friends who live in Soldatna on the Kenai peninsula.Fishing is fantastic. My parents went there and says it was breathtaking. They also did the train across the Canadian Rockies. A single malt whisky was cheaper than beer on the train and the water was defrosted snow. Kathy is an amateur landcape painter and in 40 years has never failed to find something different to paint. They have retired so bought an RV and spend 6 months Alaska, one month Hawaii and 5 months in Arizona.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:48 am

Nice WPT love local bands,

And that sounds awesome ronrat, this place is magical, cheers

Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:08 pm

[quote="watt price tully"]Went with a friend to see the first night of IOT that is "In Oakleigh Tonight" at the caravan Club at the Oakleigh RSL.

Hosted by John Van De Goes from 3RRR it was a live version of the old TV format of IMT (In Melbourne Tonight)

House band was terrific, guests included the lead singer from Painters & Dockers & the former Lead singer from Frente (Oh we're all getting older) as well as the poetry of Ian Bland and a finishing song of "Got my Mojo Workin" with the house band and the the great voice of Loretta

It had a wheel, one karaoke song which was suprizingly very good. A bit of a talk with each of the singing guests - a variety night that was good fun.

http://www.caravanmusic.com.au/gigs/in-oakleigh-tonight-with-jvg/

The piano accordion player is a classically trained musician from the band "The band who knew too much":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaCSjJaKELk

In Oakleigh Tonight is on the first Thursday of every month. Last night was the inaugural show[/quote

Ah, Painters and Dockers Paul Stewart. He has always cracked me up. He was a couple years ahead of me at school, but even then an absolute looney.

Hasn't Oakleigh moved ahead, bought my first house there in '86, was a dive with more rats than shoppers in the main streets back then.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:28 am

The dog sledding camp in Skagway was pretty cool, man those dogs are fit and, happily, they obviously are well cared for and very happy dogs! They just can't wait to run.

Yesterday in glacier bay was incredible, and we were very lucky- heard a massive crack and had the camera ready as a huge chunk of glacier broke away and crashed into the ocean. Beautiful to see, but a little sad when you hear how fast they are receding. Last day on the ship, Seward tomorrow, then the train to anchorage, a day there and off to Seattle for a change of pace! Booked to see the boing factory which is apparently mind boggling in size! Cheers

Please give the boys a shout out for me! Go Pies!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 726, 727, 728 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 727 of 866   

Jump to: