Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 723, 724, 725 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I really can't remember! Probalby before Christmas! I did buy a box of brown brothers Cienna in December, still a couple left. Hubby loves it! I've got 1 hidden in the gym in case I feel like a drop! But we have a whole shelf of wine right now, left overs from a 60th, a 21st, and a Christmas party for about 50 people.

Last couple of years I really haven't drunk much at all. A glass of red maybe once or twice a week, or out to dinner, and the occasional scotch. Did get fairly plastered at a wedding a month ago! Last time I was drunk before that was the wedding in Hawaii, on cocktails! best wedding ever! And before that would be the cruise to Mexico, in July, we bought drinks cards, the first night I got totalled and danced on the stage with a bunch of like minded over indulgers! Awesome as I remember it! Cruise to Alaska on the 28th of this month! Lock it in!

Never used to get hang overs at all, now 2 glasses makes me feel bloody awful, not worth it very often!

Don't mind a cab sav or a Shiraz occasionally. Just don't like anything with that vinegary taste.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 2:33 am

A bottle of Jacobs creek is about 25 bucks here. The local wine is awful.Every time I have mates coming from Aust I ask them to bring me a decent bottle. Russian vodka is cheaper than wine as is Gordons gin.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 3:27 am

Thailand aart from listening to the Collingwood game is wonderful so far.

If you get to stay in Bangkok I recommend the Chatrium Hotel Riverside.

http://www.chatrium.com/chatrium_hotel/overview/guestreviews-en.html

In Chiang Mai we're staying in a boutique hotel of about 25 rooms (no children) understated if restrained architectural refinement if you don't mind.

http://www.rachamankha.com/?page=home

The 9 hr bike ride was brilliant in & out of Bangkok & earlier today did a bike / kayak all day tour with 3 x 26 yer olds and me & who thinks he's 26 but am suffering now+++ - kayaking in the hot sun for 2.5 hours is something else.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:08 am

I thought I had the dates mixed WPT, been waiting for a holiday post! Sounds like your having a wonderful time, good stuff you deserve it! And your nuts with those bike rides, if the traffic in anything like Bali, you deserve a medal! Well done indeed. The kayaking sounds amazing.

What does Mrs WPT get up to while you ride?

Hope the rest of your trip is just as wonderful, keep posting! Cheers,

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:30 am

2 more sleeps! I'm so excited! Just trying to work out how to pack for a temperature range from 0 to 35 degrees!
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:51 pm

Went snorkelling on the reef today. Haven't done it for a few years so hired a go pro and took some vids.

Geez the coral round the low isles copped a hammerring from that big cyclone a few years back. The purple staghorn coral is gone. Hasn't respawned. The yellow coral has copped some bleaching but is coming back. Fields of little yellow ones. Take 4 years to get some size but great to see it coming back.

Still fish everwhere and the have no fear, even when a big lump dressed like the worlds worst super hero just floats right through the middle of them

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:42 pm

Hahaha those bright red suits?

Well I slept in and missed the first half of the footy. Seeing the score, not sad about that! Off to Indy 500 qualifying today, 29 and stormy forecast, might nick off early to Pittsburgh if that comes true!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:07 pm

Wow! I'm away with three sad bulldog fans! Go Pies!! Hahahahaahahahaha
Didn't see that coming!

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:43 pm

When people are outed as the heartless scumbags they truly are.
True colours shining through always make me happy.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:02 am

Got to speak to well sorta I suppose ( Skype) the hubby who is with the IAPF in Zimbabwe.

Amazing job these Rangers do - with buggar all - seriously buggar all!!

Anti-Poaching Rangers Rescue Abducted Teenage Girl in Zimbabwe.

In Zimbabwes Victoria Falls, our ranger team has tracked an incursion from the reserve to a garbage dump many miles away. Upon arriving, they noticed a suspicious vehicle. As the rangers cordoned off the vehicle and approached to conduct a search, a terrified 13 year old girl managed to escape and run to the safety of the team. She had been abducted and sexually assaulted. The driver was apprehended and has been taken into custody and charged. A full investigation is underway. Most importantly, the young girl has been taken to safety.

Well done to the team there. You are an extremely valuable part of the local community and we are all very proud of your efforts. Thank you to the donors around the world that keep them on the front lines.

This is from the IAPF FB - media report here: http://www.chronicle.co.zw/cab-driver-rapes-teen-passenger-13/

Amazing men saving our beautiful critters and humans too!!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 5:28 am

Dbl post

Last edited by think positive on Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:38 am; edited 1 time in total
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 8:44 am

Triple post

Last edited by think positive on Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:40 am; edited 2 times in total
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 8:45 am

Just arrived in Niagara Falls, same room as last year, and it's so breathtakingly beautiful.
Great holiday so far, Mecum auctions in Indianapolis, (neither bought anything thankfully!) me and the other wife went to the city shopping and lunching the next day, bought a stunning dress for the cruise, been to Indy 500 practice and qualifying. Watched 410 sprinters at a speedway outside Pittsburgh, today I sneaked in a visit to the dance mom studio (hubby's face was an absolute picture!) and here we are! About to head off for a gourmet three course meal (I'm the best travel agent in town!) living the dream!

After the last couple of months, losing Rods brother, it's so good to see him laughing, relaxing, smiling.

Last edited by think positive on Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:40 am; edited 2 times in total
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:18 am

Morrigu wrote:
Got to speak to well sorta I suppose ( Skype) the hubby who is with the IAPF in Zimbabwe.

Amazing job these Rangers do - with buggar all - seriously buggar all!!

Anti-Poaching Rangers Rescue Abducted Teenage Girl in Zimbabwe.

In Zimbabwes Victoria Falls, our ranger team has tracked an incursion from the reserve to a garbage dump many miles away. Upon arriving, they noticed a suspicious vehicle. As the rangers cordoned off the vehicle and approached to conduct a search, a terrified 13 year old girl managed to escape and run to the safety of the team. She had been abducted and sexually assaulted. The driver was apprehended and has been taken into custody and charged. A full investigation is underway. Most importantly, the young girl has been taken to safety.

Well done to the team there. You are an extremely valuable part of the local community and we are all very proud of your efforts. Thank you to the donors around the world that keep them on the front lines.

This is from the IAPF FB - media report here: http://www.chronicle.co.zw/cab-driver-rapes-teen-passenger-13/

Amazing men saving our beautiful critters and humans too!!

That's fantastic! Keeping all life forms safe, what a great organisation.
More people like these & the world would be a better place.

Good on your hubby for being a part of it. Bet you can't wait to get over there!
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:32 am

^ Can't wait!!! Very Happy

I bought a couple of outdoor first aid kits to give them and if it works out will be doing some first aid CPR teaching - that should be interesting!

His pics of Vic Falls look amazing don't they!!!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 723, 724, 725 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 724 of 866   

Jump to: