Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 705, 706, 707 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
That's sounds good mate. Have you checked out airfares? There are some real bargains at the moment.

You could always go bush with this!
http://australiancaravans.com.au/library/04/2016/three-nifty-micro-campers/

Ha Ha!!!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:45 pm

mandy wrote:
Gave notice today. No going back now.

Good luck to you Mandy.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:56 pm

Oldest daughter rang the other day. She's managed to turn NSW in terms of her employer stores (womens retail clothing company) around from being the worst performing state to the best in her 15 or so months there.

She spent almost all weekends or part weekends at work while they've successfully opened new stores.

Now she wants a pay rise. She wanted $10K extra she asked me & I said ask for $15K then settle on $10K.

I asked her to consider: what the bottom line is for her & ensure she thinks about negotiations rather than react to offers. They offered her 5, she asked for 12 they gave her $10K!! I don't understand that but who cares; she got what she thought she was worth & the employers know she is hard working, responsible & obviously value her.

The other part of that equation is she is coming back to Vic to manage Victorian stores - will be nice to have her back. Well done her. Very proud. She will now have to turn Vic around - has her work cut out for her.

(& she never went to Uni but has done TAFE courses paid for & arranged by the company).

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:16 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Oldest daughter rang the other day. She's managed to turn NSW in terms of her employer stores (womens retail clothing company) around from being the worst performing state to the best in her 15 or so months there.

She spent almost all weekends or part weekends at work while they've successfully opened new stores.

Now she wants a pay rise. She wanted $10K extra she asked me & I said ask for $15K then settle on $10K.

I asked her to consider: what the bottom line is for her & ensure she thinks about negotiations rather than react to offers. They offered her 5, she asked for 12 they gave her $10K!! I don't understand that but who cares; she got what she thought she was worth & the employers know she is hard working, responsible & obviously value her.

The other part of that equation is she is coming back to Vic to manage Victorian stores - will be nice to have her back. Well done her. Very proud. She will now have to turn Vic around - has her work cut out for her.

(& she never went to Uni but has done TAFE courses paid for & arranged by the company).

That's good stuff Smile
How old is your eldest WPT? My 3 are; 26, 20 & 17.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:18 pm

Why now? I don't understand why she wants a pay rise. Never?
Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:58 pm

HAL wrote:
Why now? I don't understand why she wants a pay rise. Never?

I haven't had a pay rise for years, we've had our qaurtely bonuses scrapped and there was no xmas bonus for the first time in 5 years.

Our CEO got 216,000 performance shares though ($6.08 each).

Told us times were tough 6 months back, when copper was $US1.96/lb..... it's since hit an 18 month high ($US2.54/lb) Confused

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:02 pm

Skids wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

That's good stuff Smile
How old is your eldest WPT? My 3 are; 26, 20 & 17.

Cheers Skids: Oldest is 26, youngest is 23.

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:35 pm

The kids having a good job has always been a concern. I'm lucky, they all did the McDonalds or KMart (youngest still does Kmart afterschool/Weekends & holidays) as soon as they were old enough.

Tamara (26) is a hairdresser by trade but currently works as a rental manager for a real estate company (Trade straight after year 12).

Sharnee (20) works in a child care centre (she got a cert 4 in something at TAFE).

Jessica (17 Nearly) does as many shifts as she can at KMart, loves money Laughing and she's doing the same course through year 12 at school that Sharnee did.

Sounds like she's killing it WPT, congrats Cool

partypie 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:36 pm

School and my daughter did not get along. She now has a couple of jobs and is doing an internship with a jeweller/designer one day a week unpaid. For her it's better than going to uni and she won't have a hecs debt.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:12 pm

watt price tully wrote:

Awesome, well done, and happy for you that she is coming home to vic xxx

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:47 am

That the word dingus exists.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:50 am

Please repeat the word to me 5 times.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:20 am

think positive wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Awesome, well done, and happy for you that she is coming home to vic xxx

Cheers. Hope she's doing it for the right reasons. Her plan was to be in NSW for 2 or more years because that's where the main office is & where the national manager is, who sort of mentors her. At the same time, the employer had to fill a position in Vic & they can rely on her.

However, she lives close to the beach, lives in a good area & shares a flat with a good friend...

npalm 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:33 pm

swoop42 wrote:

Had to look it up. A few definitions out there but I prefer "a dingus is NOT a stupid person, because a dingus is someone who can make you laugh by doing stupid THINGS"

And....http://stories.barkpost.com/15-signs-your-dog-is-a-dingus/

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:05 pm

npalm wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

Had to look it up. A few definitions out there but I prefer "a dingus is NOT a stupid person, because a dingus is someone who can make you laugh by doing stupid THINGS"

And....http://stories.barkpost.com/15-signs-your-dog-is-a-dingus/

Can a doofus be a dingus?

Can a dingo be a dingus?

Can a drongo be a dingus?

Mind you for a provincial boy Swoop is very up to date with urban lexicon.

I reckon he's a beard wearing, ponytail coiffed, tattooed barista from Brunswick pretending to be from the LaTrobe valley.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 705, 706, 707 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 706 of 866   

Jump to: