Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 704, 705, 706 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:11 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

watt price tully wrote:
Recently became aware that I have 18 weeks Long Service Leave 😃 I' m going to be using a bit of that in 2017. I thought I'd used a fair bit of that up thus year so this came as a pleasant surprise. I've got 5 weeks annual leave as well, so some time off is in order during the year. ( I'm noting this coz I'm friggin' tired after a big 6 days straight (incl tomorrow) & it's been very demanding at work

So where are you off to this time?

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:27 pm

think positive wrote:
I am truly ridiculously excited today because we just ordered a new fridge. I know, it's a fridge so what! But when we moved in, I let hubby pick the fridge, a nice sexy side by side no finger print titanium LG unit. And I have hated the $$%^%%$ thing for seven years! It drives me nuts! It's so narrow, it's as useless as tits on a bull! It all started when I said, ooooh look, lounge suites on special. Him "um, why are you looking, we don't need one" well this ones looking a little sad I say. "It's just got to the lived in comfortable stage" he says". Ok so how about a new fridge then? He said we would 'look' that normally means shit loads of research, haggling, compromise, blah blah blah.

Had a quick look on the net, and off we go. Harvey Norman is closed so nothing to compare goodguys prices too. Ugh I think. In we walk and go in different directions. He picks one, I pick one, the sales guys says we have a new model just out. We look, and I say, ooooh this one or the one you picked I'd be happy with either. And hubby says "if you will do x amount including delivery I'll buy the new model now". I was $$%^%%$ speechless. That doesn't happen much. And the guy said yes! Well near enough, and there is $300 cash back! So now I am waiting for delivery of the fridge I really wanted 7 years ago! Big French doors, opens right up, freezer down the bottom, ice maker! Only difference is instead of a big draw at the bottom, it's got sliding baskets and baskets in the doors! Yes I know, it's just a fridge, and most won't give a ****, but oh man I can't wait! We will ditch the daggy spare in the bathroom, and keep the old side by side as back up!

And I'm like so what will this cost me! And he says "don't ever ever ever let me hear you say 'I hate this $$%^%%$ fridge' again!" Apparently I do it a lot! Hey, it was bound to pay off eventually!

Oh and Boxing Day got a great deal on Hawaii flights, so we are taking the kids and the eldests boyfriend for a week in August! Only $500 each with luggage and direct flights! (His parents took our daughter to Cairns last year).

So 2017 your looking pretty good so far!

Ice maker? Is it one of those ones you need a plumber to connect it to the mains cold water? A girls who works for me got stung with one of them, didn't realise til it was delivered. I bought the one with a built in jug and the cold water dispenser on the outside. Means you have to re-fill the jug but the several hundred $ saved mean I can live with it.

For me, I got some work benches set up in the shed, finally. Very Happy Got some frames from bunnings for not much and used some of the recycled timber for the tops. She'll do me. Very Happy

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:05 pm

/\ yeah it is but the fridge we have has it plumbed in so straight swap! When we designed/built the house we planned for it. Hubby and his plumber mate did all the plumbing, and they ran the pipe for it ready to go. Same as things like the gas line for the BBQ outside. (It's not connected yet though, one day I'm sure! I don't really care as long as the gas bottle is full when I want to use it!) We put a lot of thought into things like boards between the studs to support tellys on the wall, and we ran antenna wires next to them, and they all connect in the roof. It's much neater and easier than trying to do it once the house is built. The only things we forgot was a light under the staircase (doh!) but we did put a power point in there, thankfully! And also a PowerPoint in the bar fridge recess in the little bar upstairs. (And that cord drives me nuts!)

Your shed looks fantastic. The Garden next to it looks great. Good job, and gees, you've done it quick! What ever happened to 'he will get it done, you don't have to remind him every six months!' 😜

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:22 pm

Hey thanks. I'm pretty happy at how it's all come together, It's been pretty much every weekend for the last few months but I'm impatient and I hate relying on others to do stuff for me so I prefer to do it myself when I can.

I'll have to do another photo/video once I get the 3m of lilydale topping in and finish it off.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:24 pm

think positive wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Recently became aware that I have 18 weeks Long Service Leave 😃 I' m going to be using a bit of that in 2017. I thought I'd used a fair bit of that up thus year so this came as a pleasant surprise. I've got 5 weeks annual leave as well, so some time off is in order during the year. ( I'm noting this coz I'm friggin' tired after a big 6 days straight (incl tomorrow) & it's been very demanding at work

So where are you off to this time?

We were meant to go to the US in November for a conference for Mrs WPT & her business partner. The dates were changed, can't do. Her business is OTT busy but not at a stage to treat me to a lifestyle I've not been accustomed to. Another year or 3 perhaps. So el cheapo to ? SEAsia for a week . I'll take time off to swim, cycle & get personal coaching on how to ride properly & train for hill climbing / long rides....

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:19 pm

That's sounds good mate. Have you checked out airfares? There are some real bargains at the moment.

You could always go bush with this!
http://australiancaravans.com.au/library/04/2016/three-nifty-micro-campers/

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:05 pm

Doing some more cleaning up in the shed yesterday, bought mum's 40inch TV inside and put in her bedroom and took the 26 inch and connected it up as a monitor for my PC.

Have to fiddle with the resolution a bit more, it's brilliant on pictures and video, not quite so much on text.

Gave me an excuse to do the annual clean up of the computer desk and immediate surrounds.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:24 pm

So where are you off to this time?[/quote]

We were meant to go to the US in November for a conference for Mrs WPT & her business partner. The dates were changed, can't do. Her business is OTT busy but not at a stage to treat me to a lifestyle I've not been accustomed to. Another year or 3 perhaps. So el cheapo to ? SEAsia for a week . I'll take time off to swim, cycle & get personal coaching on how to ride properly & train for hill climbing / long rides....[/quote]

If I was to bike/swim in Se Asia I would be very careful where I went. The drivers are maniacs and there are an excess of unlicensed,underaged and drunken motorbike riders.Myanmar may be good and Vietnam. Laos has no beaches but would be ok for a week and has the Mekong. Koh Chang in Thailand has hills, beaches and plenty of wildlife and nightlife
. Cheap and quality accommodation over the the whole island Snorkelling and eating at seafood cafes on the beach with cold beer is everywhere. It also is largely ignored by the backpacker/gap year crowds.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:08 pm

Bit happy, bit "i'm putting the wallet in the bedroom so I can't hear the debit card whining at me".

Got a new heater organised today, gas log fire for the lounge, will pop straight into the cavity once they pull the old one out. It was on special on line (who buys a heater in summer?) and I got the 2016 tradies price which wiped another $450 off.

Got this one for $3250 plus $200 for the remote (normally $350) which lets you set a temperature and it cuts in and out by itself. http://illusionfires.com.au/product/millenium-32-inbuilt-gas-log-fire/

Then on the way home, I got sidetracked. I get shit TV reception in my bedroom but a good WIFI signal. So I figured if I put the PC in my room, connected it to the TV and WIFI, I could watch TV on Freeview in bed. All I need is a wireless mouse and keyboard (which I've got) and Bob's your aunty.

So after doing a quick bit of research, I bought this. http://www.harveynorman.com.au/computers-tablets/computers/desktops/lenovo-ideacentre-n4-desktop.html

2T hard drive, Intel i5 chip, 12 gig of Ram. Ugly box but I'm not interested in the aesthetics. have to do some backing up of photos and stuff tomorrow before I make the swap.

Shut up wallet.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:10 pm

Please explain your reasoning.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:45 pm

Wow, I really like that fire!
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:27 pm

Gave notice today. No going back now.
#SIDEBYSIDE
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:11 am

Well that's a big New Years decision!
What's the back up plan? All the best, and well done, scary move, but if you were not happy there, good move, cheers

partypie 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:58 pm

mandy wrote:
Gave notice today. No going back now.

Good luck with your new venture! If you're going to be doing something you love its a good move
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:19 pm

^

Yep, hope it all works out well and you're happy in what you do.

My holiday time is running out but i'm enjoying it by being busy. Set up the old PC in the bedroom this morning and the new one in the lounge. Shit it's fast. Shocked

Finally got around to pulling the aircon out of the front window yesterday where it had resided for close to 20 years. Cut a hole in the side wall, got the son over to help lift it (I struggled like buggery putting it the window and I was 20 years younger then) and this morning put some arc around it and sealed everything up. Looks schmick and works like a new one. Very Happy

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 704, 705, 706 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 705 of 866   

Jump to: