Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 703, 704, 705 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Project I've been working at for best part of 2 years, the last 12 months seriously, looking like it's coming to fruition.

To get it approved before Christmas I had to write a paper and needed 3 levels of approval in 3 days.

Executive committee yesterday, tick. Proposal sailed through no questions.

Board finance committee today, approved for submission to the board subject to a funding source being identified. The CFO has already identified a funding source, Tick.

Tomorrow it goes to the board. I told the CEO this arvo that if this gets approved he'll see me doing handsprings down the corridor. I hope he doesn't hold me to it. Wink

If it gets up I'll celebrate over Xmas with some time off and worry about the massive 3 year task I've set for myself later

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:42 pm

Well done Stui
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:39 pm

Cheers Jo.

Board approved it today. Everything. Shocked Very Happy

Still subject to funding but that will work itself out, our CFO is good.

Don't even want to think about the amount of work I've just created for myself, just gonna enjoy the feeling for the time being.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:04 pm

Way to go, that's brilliant, enjoy the pre birth glow! Trust me on that one!!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:34 pm

Yeah, I'm not looking forward to 3 years worth of labour pains, but in a perverse way, I am.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:48 pm

Nurofen Gel, I love you.

The issue with my back is muscular. It flares from time to time and when it does moving from seated to standing is a biatch, when it spasms it knocks the legs out from under me. So after the morning shower I put a liberal dose of nurofen gel on the affected area and rubbed it in.

Fkn miracle. Once the inflammation is out of the muscle, all good. Very Happy

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:08 pm

/\ while it's not hurting, warm up a bit, and do some cat stretches, then lie on the floor and stretch all corners out and flex up from your back. Gently! If it's okay, flap your arms and legs a bit. It shakes your spine straight!

And here is an easy 1min 50 sec Pilates circuit to loosen tight back muscles.

https://youtu.be/U_0ex-a6Wxo

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:16 pm

The Physio showed me some exercises a few years back. Similar, without the dodgy arm stretches.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:23 pm

stui magpie wrote:
The Physio showed me some exercises a few years back. Similar, without the dodgy arm stretches.

The arm stretches elongate the back andthe body, dothe dodgey! Just do it!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:00 pm

Boy all moved into the new house. Nice little place, small yard but it's big enough for a 1 year kid to run around in.

The boy knew I had a crook back so he looked after me, I drove the truck and was truck jockey, stayed up in back of the truck while him and his younger brother did all the heavy work. I just had to pack and stack. Same when we delivered to the new place, I was in the back pulling stuff out, they carried it into the house.

Picked the truck up at 8:30 this morning, cracked a can at the new place at 12:20 after two loads, truck back at rental place by 1:30.

Took the old girl over for a quick visit, now home with the air con on.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:24 pm

Well done, good that you finally took the role of supervisor, even if it was forced on you!

As for the air con, WTF! My floor is damp, even the tiles in the bathroom where there isn't an a/c vent. And it's humid and hot as hell! Weird. I'm off to the supermarket! Might sit in the freezer! I can feel a midnight swim coming on!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:41 pm

^

Yeah, I'm gonna get a T shirt printed saying "Dad's Labour hire and Bank".

Just got the emergency call before, his mother in door had come over for a visit, liked the house but said it was too hot for her grandson and told the boy he had to drop his plans and go pick up an antique air con she had stashed somewhere half an hour drive away.

So I get the call, how the hell do you fit an aircon in an aluminium sliding window of a brick rental property? Answer, very carefully.

Popped the window first, then the fly screen, put the window back, couple of pieces of cardboard box to protect the sill and the aluminium tracks, sit aircon in window with an old cupboard and some bricks outside underneath to hold it up, cut a removalist box to fit the remaining hole and gaffer tape to hold it all together.

While I'm there, multi grips to remove the stuck on tap connection so can put on the new hose so they can actually water the grass.

Toolbox is staying in the boot now.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:38 pm

Recently became aware that I have 18 weeks Long Service Leave 😃 I' m going to be using a bit of that in 2017. I thought I'd used a fair bit of that up thus year so this came as a pleasant surprise. I've got 5 weeks annual leave as well, so some time off is in order during the year. ( I'm noting this coz I'm friggin' tired after a big 6 days straight (incl tomorrow) & it's been very demanding at work
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:51 pm

^ Take it!! I'm having 4 months yay 4 months off next year - taken some at 1/2 pay so when I get back I'll still have 10 weeks owing not including A\L Very Happy

Been hanging for 2017 - leave and back to Africa Cool

Happy New Year WPT!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:44 pm

I am truly ridiculously excited today because we just ordered a new fridge. I know, it's a fridge so what! But when we moved in, I let hubby pick the fridge, a nice sexy side by side no finger print titanium LG unit. And I have hated the $$%^%%$ thing for seven years! It drives me nuts! It's so narrow, it's as useless as tits on a bull! It all started when I said, ooooh look, lounge suites on special. Him "um, why are you looking, we don't need one" well this ones looking a little sad I say. "It's just got to the lived in comfortable stage" he says". Ok so how about a new fridge then? He said we would 'look' that normally means shit loads of research, haggling, compromise, blah blah blah.

Had a quick look on the net, and off we go. Harvey Norman is closed so nothing to compare goodguys prices too. Ugh I think. In we walk and go in different directions. He picks one, I pick one, the sales guys says we have a new model just out. We look, and I say, ooooh this one or the one you picked I'd be happy with either. And hubby says "if you will do x amount including delivery I'll buy the new model now". I was $$%^%%$ speechless. That doesn't happen much. And the guy said yes! Well near enough, and there is $300 cash back! So now I am waiting for delivery of the fridge I really wanted 7 years ago! Big French doors, opens right up, freezer down the bottom, ice maker! Only difference is instead of a big draw at the bottom, it's got sliding baskets and baskets in the doors! Yes I know, it's just a fridge, and most won't give a ****, but oh man I can't wait! We will ditch the daggy spare in the bathroom, and keep the old side by side as back up!

And I'm like so what will this cost me! And he says "don't ever ever ever let me hear you say 'I hate this $$%^%%$ fridge' again!" Apparently I do it a lot! Hey, it was bound to pay off eventually!

Oh and Boxing Day got a great deal on Hawaii flights, so we are taking the kids and the eldests boyfriend for a week in August! Only $500 each with luggage and direct flights! (His parents took our daughter to Cairns last year).

So 2017 your looking pretty good so far!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 703, 704, 705 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 704 of 866   

Jump to: