Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 699, 700, 701 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just worked 8 out of the last 9 days to get 3 days off which includes my first full weekend off in 11 weeks.

Mrs WPT is working enormous hours in her hoarding business - the referrals are coming & the demand is huge.

Youngest shifted out on Tuesday for 2 months to live with friends close to Victoria street Richmond (subletting while a couple goes on holidays)

I've finally been riding my new bike to work & around - a pleasure to ride - so light & fast.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:28 am

watt price tully wrote:
I've just worked 8 out of the last 9 days to get 3 days off which includes my first full weekend off in 11 weeks.

Mrs WPT is working enormous hours in her hoarding business - the referrals are coming & the demand is huge.

Youngest shifted out on Tuesday for 2 months to live with friends close to Victoria street Richmond (subletting while a couple goes on holidays)

I've finally been riding my new bike to work & around - a pleasure to ride - so light & fast.

Awesome, well done.

Junior took my bike out today and rang me after half a hour, the crank fell off! So I took her car to pick her up! So bikes don't have cotter pins anymore! she didn't do to much damage to her leg! And now she knows how to put the back seat down and take the rack out of her hatch bacK!

Strange with the kids grown up isn't it? Eldest has been at her post grad job for two weeks, and junior is back at her summer time production job, 6am til 3 4 days a week, andthe other day she is teaching PE at her old school. They gave her a PE teacher uniform and even paid her to supervise VCE exams! And she has got her self a job as a swimming instructor!

Waiting up for her to come home from a 21st.

I'm not used to the quiet yet, thankgod ihave a yappy dog!

Cheers

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:46 pm

Sunshine, woke up about 7.30am to find hubby on the door step with the JetSki! Sunshine, still clear waters, sunshine, JetSki, sunshine, banrock station crimson cab, sunshine, Port Arlington potato cakes, grilled flake, scallops, which hubby kindly went and fetched while I zoomed around! Did I mention the sunshine!

God I love summer!

Bit tired now! Wonder what he's cookin for dinner! 🍻

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:28 pm

think positive wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Awesome, well done.

Junior took my bike out today and rang me after half a hour, the crank fell off! So I took her car to pick her up! So bikes don't have cotter pins anymore! she didn't do to much damage to her leg! And now she knows how to put the back seat down and take the rack out of her hatch bacK!

Strange with the kids grown up isn't it? Eldest has been at her post grad job for two weeks, and junior is back at her summer time production job, 6am til 3 4 days a week, andthe other day she is teaching PE at her old school. They gave her a PE teacher uniform and even paid her to supervise VCE exams! And she has got her self a job as a swimming instructor!

Waiting up for her to come home from a 21st.

I'm not used to the quiet yet, thankgod ihave a yappy dog!

Cheers

Cheers.

So Junior's been an invigilator!!

Is she OK following the crank coming off?

BTW, how the hell did it come off?

Very quite here too.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:15 pm

I had to google that, I thought you made a spelling mistake but couldn't work out what it was! Learn something new every day! Thought you were swearing at me!

I have no idea how it came off! It's actually my bike, he's isn't as fast! I would have thought, being the left side it would have a left hand thread! Hubby put loctite on it today. I plan to get up early and go for a ride, so I'll let you know if I have to walk! She's ok, just a couple of scratches on her leg! I put towels in her car in case she was bleeding too much!

Cheers!

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:18 pm

It's only 36 degrees today.... after 2 days of 40, that makes me very happy Smile

Going to suck when it gets hot here.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:02 pm

Had a phone hookup today with some IT people from a company that's providing a new software for us and a couple of members of my team that are rolling it out. Been having some big problems with a key data upload.

I got an update on what the problems are before the meeting and went out for a smoke and had a think about what could be the root cause. Came up with a theory and a solution.

Had the hookup and before my team could start with their problems, I asked the IT guys if they had built some specific rules into their system for the data upload and reeled off my suspicions. At this stage my team are looking at me thinking "he's been drinking. WTF is he on about?"

The IT guys respond in the positive and explain how the rules worked and why it caused the problems, which was exactly what I'd guessed.

So I said to them, "what if we you did this instead and we did this".

Long pause then, that would work, it's easy to do but.......

So we discussed for a few minutes as the awareness started to filter through to my team that multiple problems could be fixed with a couple of little tweaks and a slightly different approach.

Problem solvered. Very Happy

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:40 pm

^ Well done you!

I've decided the ONLY thing that will solve my problems is a gun with a shipload of bullets!!!!

Oh btw can you teach me how to hold and shoot the fcker please Razz

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:44 pm

^

No problems.

All you need are good wrists, a bad attitude and a modicum of hand eye coordination.

We can have you taking our F wits from the other side of the meeting room in no time. Doing it from across the road through windows may take a tad more practice. Razz Wink

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:22 pm

^ hmmm I might need me one of those semi automatic thingys - my right wrist is fcked - but I'm very willing to practice Razz
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:28 pm

Best practice for the wrists is go to a range and shoot a shotgun one handed at full extension without breaking your arm.

If you can do that, handguns are toys. Wink

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:28 pm

i got myself a shiny new toy today! Bowflex treadclimber! absolute bargain, BNIB offered him $350 and he took it!! (run out model, was $1600, a few on ebay for $500-$600). was planning to hide it til i set it up, but hubby rocked up home with some paperwork as it arrived! "merry christmas, now i dont have to think of something" he says! hmm i wonder if he might like to play Elf and set it up for me!! ill make some space in the gym, i dont use the bike & junior wants it in her room!! i did actually check the measurements to see if i could fit it, yep, same size as the bike floor space. oopsie, i mistook cm for inches!! and i thought that was a guy thing!!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:35 pm

Skids wrote:
It's only 36 degrees today.... after 2 days of 40, that makes me very happy Smile

Going to suck when it gets hot here.

ship some of it our way, **** this weather sux! i was BBQing chicken last night, and all of a sudden im drenched! and the BBQ is a good metre and a half under the pegola roof! it sounded like the roof was going to peel off! frightened the crap out of me! i had our window open upstairs, and the rain was running down the wall! not to mention the wind blast actually popped the man hole up into the roof space, and its in hubbies wardrobe! how the hell it did that i dont know!
driving to netball last night and saw three flattened fences! one belongs to juniors friends parents, and its only 6 months old! they went for the cheap quote apparently, looks like it was held together with tacks instead of fencing nails! at least 10 metres of it is totalled!

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:05 pm

think positive wrote:

Ship some of it our way, **** this weather sux!

I love the cool weather! Cool

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:28 pm

Jezza wrote:
think positive wrote:

Ship some of it our way, **** this weather sux!

I love the cool weather! Cool

Nup, not me!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 699, 700, 701 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 700 of 866   

Jump to: