Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 695, 696, 697 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:
Man what a day! Fell into bed at 2am sat after finishing the DVD for juniors 21st, up at 7am, ran around alllllll day!party started at 7pm, was a fantastic night! About 45 family and friends, and another 45 ferals and friskies!
We had a spit and all the trimmings, everyone behaved, most of the family/friends left around 11, and then the kids started dancing. I started cleaning up around 11.30 and the kids all pitched in, especially the ex and all the netball team! Great speeches, no feral drunks, was brilliant! Got home a bout 1.30am, and checked out the pressies, she got spoilt rotten! she is a well loved kid. She is just a really good person. Got to go back and wash the floor in the morning, and empty the van (we used a refrigerated van we gave at the moment, very handy! Some one said we r out of coke, I just went out and grabbed an ice cold slab! ) it's her birthday, well today now! Got to sneak to the workshop and stick a bow on her pressie, we updated her car. Another Ford Focus but 1 owner, newer, low Klm really good condition. Can't wait to see her face! Cheers.

Oh my aching-well everything actually!

Lucky girl, great stuff TP. You need a rest after that!

Your not wrong! Im Worn out this week! Finally caught up all the paperwork and housework today. Tomorrow I'm doing nothing!

She loves the car! The look on her face was beautiful! Car got a RWC today, it needs a wheel bearing and I'll get it on the road next week (we bought it on the Wednesday, and picked it up the Friday so no time to work on it before her birthday!) cheers xxx

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:12 pm

Woo hoo! My eldest, after three weeks, two interviews, a two hour test and a 15 min presentation, has just landed herself a graduate position with an IT consulting firm in the city!

This morning I took my father in law and mother in law for a birthday breaky at the Bulldogs ground! He loves it there. The dementia is coming on strong, so I wanted this birthday and the win to be a really strong memory for him. I took him in the bulldog shop and said pick something. You already got me the DVD he says. Ok, I say, pick your Christmas present! Managed to get him all the way to nextyears Father's Day pressie and his smile will light up the night! Got a funny look from the girl behind the counter when I asked for the Collingwood section!

Now it's my time! Sitting in the sun enjoying an American honey on ice! Cheers!

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:02 pm

think positive wrote:
Woo hoo! My eldest, after three weeks, two interviews, a two hour test and a 15 min presentation, has just landed herself a graduate position with an IT consulting firm in the city!

This morning I took my father in law and mother in law for a birthday breaky at the Bulldogs ground! He loves it there. The dementia is coming on strong, so I wanted this birthday and the win to be a really strong memory for him. I took him in the bulldog shop and said pick something. You already got me the DVD he says. Ok, I say, pick your Christmas present! Managed to get him all the way to nextyears Father's Day pressie and his smile will light up the night! Got a funny look from the girl behind the counter when I asked for the Collingwood section!

Now it's my time! Sitting in the sun enjoying an American honey on ice! Cheers!

So what they say is true.... birthdays bring luck Wink

Have a great day, stick a cocktail umbrella in your American Honey. Happy Birthday Smile
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:23 pm

Haha, yes sir! Cheers and thanks xxxx
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:25 pm

Pardon me? Oh, you are a poet. I'm glad you got a laugh out of it.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:03 pm

Just downloaded the latest Matthew Reilly book. Had to finagle around the digital copyright to get it on the Kobo but done.

All set to fly out to warm weather on Thursday morning. Very Happy

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:29 pm

stui magpie wrote:
All set to fly out to warm weather on Thursday morning. Very Happy

Enjoy!! Meanwhile we are packing the thermals and wet weather gear- #itsmotogpattheislandsoexpectshiteweather!!! Brrrrrr ❄️❄️❄️

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:07 pm

Forecast for Cairns, 32 with a low of 22 Very Happy

Got the slab done today. 6x14m. Big bastard. Boys arrived at 5am, did the set up with the pipe, started the concrete pour about 6:10 am, by the time I left for work at 7:15am they'd done the first truckload.

Done a grouse job, smooth surface where the shed part will go and a non slip surface where the entertaining area will be.

Now just got to get them to build the retaining wall and some steps down to the entertaining area while I'm away so the old girl can get back into the back yard again. She's got the same look on her face as the dog does, tied up in his kennel so he can't rip the slab finish up with his claws by walking on it. Translates as "I want to go down there". Laughing

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:28 pm

stui magpie wrote:

Got the slab done today. 6x14m. Big bastard. Boys arrived at 5am, did the set up with the pipe, started the concrete pour about 6:10 am, by the time I left for work at 7:15am they'd done the first truckload.

Done a grouse job, smooth surface where the shed part will go and a non slip surface where the entertaining area will be.

Now just got to get them to build the retaining wall and some steps down to the entertaining area while I'm away so the old girl can get back into the back yard again. She's got the same look on her face as the dog does, tied up in his kennel so he can't rip the slab finish up with his claws by walking on it. Translates as "I want to go down there". Laughing

Hahahahahaha
I shouldn't read that with a belly full of American honey!
Your poor mum!
And I love that dog!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:32 pm

^

The concretor and his son love him too. He gets plenty of attention (as does mum) when they're here working.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:37 pm

"Mum, can you take a pic of me with my new car"
(We registered her today!)
"And one with my old one" (she needed sunglasses for this!)
Me "I'll put them side by side and take a pic"
Junior horrified "now that's just cruel"
Yep, she didn't want to upset old faithful!
Yep she's definitely my kid!!

But that's not what's making me happy!
The eldests 21st pressie sold today(Holden Cruze no turbo, oh god so bad) I bought her a Passat a few months ago, she loves it, but man we just could not sell the Cruze! It just drove off. Down the road, and I just drank wayyyyy to much ice cold American honey! Yeah baby, it's gonnnnneeee

Bottoms up!

(Does anyone want to buy a very much loved Ford Focus 2006 with 150,000 on the clock, a shit load of hail damage, Maccas stains from all juniors feral friends, a history that includes breaking down on me in IKEA one fine day, a very expensive new fuel pump, an uncanny ability for picking up parking and speeding fines, Collingwood membership stickers, and a boat load of the most incredible, amazing, sweet, black and white blooded 21 year olds tears!)

Cheers, maybe I should switch on that alcohol lock Stui!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:48 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

The concretor and his son love him too. He gets plenty of attention (as does mum) when they're here working.

Lol! You will come back from Cairns and find him in bed withmumz, the dogthat is!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:52 pm

think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
^

Lol! You will come back from Cairns and find him in bed withmumz, the dogthat is!

Hah, zero chance. A girl at work was giving me grief about the dog being in the back yard and not in the house (sound familiar?) and I mentioned it to the old girl.

He comment was, the dog comes into the house, I move into a motel.

Tempting thought, but for now the dog stays outside. Razz Wink
Oh, re the internet interlock, if you find yourself 1 finger typing on the iPad like you're playing whack a mole in slow motion, time to go to sleep. Razz

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:58 pm

stui magpie wrote:
think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
^

Hah, zero chance. A girl at work was giving me grief about the dog being in the back yard and not in the house (sound familiar?) and I mentioned it to the old girl.

He comment was, the dog comes into the house, I move into a motel.

Tempting thought, but for now the dog stays outside. Razz Wink
Oh, re the internet interlock, if you find yourself 1 finger typing on the iPad like you're playing whack a mole in slow motion, time to go to sleep. Razz

Hahahahahaha I'm way past that!

And the dog will win!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:06 pm

stui magpie wrote:

Have a great break, enjoy Stui.

I'm jealous.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 695, 696, 697 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 696 of 866   

Jump to: