Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 671, 672, 673 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 11:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

luvdids wrote:
Going to a work function last night (that definitely didn't make me happy) but leaving having scored Apple TV & an Ipad Air was pleasing Very Happy

Now to figure out how to use them and what to do with them! Embarassed

Sell em to a luddite who likes Apple stuff. Wink

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 9:53 am

Wokko wrote:
luvdids wrote:
Going to a work function last night (that definitely didn't make me happy) but leaving having scored Apple TV & an Ipad Air was pleasing Very Happy

Now to figure out how to use them and what to do with them! Embarassed

Very nice, now you can get Netflix and use the apple TV to play it.

That would mean I'd know how to use it! Embarassed Wink
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 11:09 am

Good thing about Apple stuff, charge it up, turn it on, and it will do it all for you. As long as you can read, it's easy.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 6:15 pm

Collingwood

OMG wasn't going to. Go, been crook a few days, feelin bloody brilliant now. Tired though, feel like I played. Seriously best day this year! WOW just WOW!

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 9:10 pm

Best game of the season so far! Brilliant! Very Happy
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 9:29 pm

A few parents seem to be liking the photos I do around Claremont, I said that I'd wait for the players to get on the field and one guy said "don't worry about them you are more important." awhile later he was walking past and he goes "I will get out of your way, you are doing a great job."

Josh from the Hobart Football Club said he really likes my photos, players and members alike seem to like them general opinion is they're a lot better than last years set.

Thing that really made me happy was the support that the club has given to Nathan Burdon who sadly suffered a career ending back injury a couple of weeks ago, the footy community down here has rallied behind him. He may never walk again is the only sad part, but there are so many helping him.

He's going to spend a long time in hospital, it was a great sight seeing both sides head up to the members area and see him before the game. Very touching. Great wins by the boys today as well.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 9:54 pm

Good for you, on the second, how awful, poor guy, hopefully he makes some good progress xx
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 9:58 pm

think positive wrote:
Good for you, on the second, how awful, poor guy, hopefully he makes some good progress xx

Thanks. Smile

I am hoping so as well, there was a bit of an update on the GoFundMe page that Brendon Briers set up:

Quote:
Nathan has left the high dependency unit at the Royal Hobart and is now on the second floor of the peacock 2 building which is the acute rehab unit. Nath will be in for some intense rehab in the coming weeks so that he can become mobile.

Again it will be months maybe years but all his surgeons and team believe he will make a good recovery, His nurse has explained that it is a fantastic result that he is already at this stage so early as it has been only 4 days since his operation. Nath is in good spirits considering what he has been through but as most who know him will agree he is one tough and brave young man.

https://www.gofundme.com/2369qew4

I did a poster for them to put on the bucket that they are using to get money, Nathan Griffiths organised the bucket and everyone is working on his house as he needs a walk in shower now and all that.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 10:20 pm

think positive wrote:
Collingwood

OMG wasn't going to. Go, been crook a few days, feelin bloody brilliant now. Tired though, feel like I played. Seriously best day this year! WOW just WOW!

Ditto. Had to talk myself into going, I wasn't going to be one of those supporters who only goes when they expect to win, I expected to lose but by damn I enjoyed that win. Very Happy

mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 11:10 am

stui magpie wrote:
think positive wrote:
Collingwood

Ditto. Had to talk myself into going, I wasn't going to be one of those supporters who only goes when they expect to win, I expected to lose but by damn I enjoyed that win. Very Happy

Add me to the list. I wasn't going either but Dad rang me in the morning wanting to go so I decided last minute to go with him.

We both expected to lose but went hoping to see some effort. And boy did we!

#SIDEBYSIDE
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 4:16 pm

Having lunch with a few Geelong supporters that seem pretty sheepish from their comments earlier in the week...

Didn't even mention the game, just like Warney last week I held the moral high ground.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 4:42 pm

I noticed that there were fewer cars in Ryrie Street this morning flying a pair of Geelong flags than there were on Saturday morning. Given how badly the place reacted to losing the NAB Challenge match against the 'pies, they'll likely be throwing themselves from the Town Hall roof this week.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 8:31 pm

had lunch today with the kids and partners for my Birfday next week. Went to Misty's Diner in Reservoir. Casual tucker, got a couple of big share plates and a few mains. Good stuff. The po mans cocaine hot sauce is seriously hot.

All came back to the house for a few drinks and some Pool. Great afternoon.Gonna take me a while to get used to crawling munchkins in the house again though, get into everything if you aren't watching them.

5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 11:39 pm

Picked 9 out of 9 in my footy tips. I dare say only a Collingwood supporter will be able to say that this week!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 11:52 pm

5150 wrote:
Picked 9 out of 9 in my footy tips. I dare say only a Collingwood supporter will be able to say that this week!

I got 9 too Very Happy

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 671, 672, 673 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 672 of 866   

Jump to: