Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

So who reckons the premiership race is over?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 3:43 pm
Post subject: So who reckons the premiership race is over?Reply with quote

as much as I'm gutted about the pies loss to the filth, I take heart that the premiership race is probably over, given brisbane's performance tonight.

I know it's only round 3 and tonight's game was in brissy, but barring a severe run of injuries, I can't really see any team stopping the lions on their day. don't get me wrong, I still think the pies can turn it around and make the eight, but as for the flag, I think the lions will probably make it back to back.

ironic that if brissy are to break the all time games winning streak (23 I think) they will have to do it against the pies. and as we showed melbourne in '58, we're great at breaking streaks

"..we flew at them as a hawk to his prey, passed through them in the disordered state in which they were, separated them into two distinct parts and then tacked upon their largest division.." -- Captain Cuthbert Collingwood, 1797
Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 3:29 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if the race is over but I do believe that Essendon are the new Richmond. Beat the crap sides and get smashed by the good ones.

Fradam Wrote This
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 7:15 am

Come one you lot its only game 3 and theres along way to go yet.
Before you all make judgement wait until after the 15th game before saying 'CANT MAKE THE FINALS'
God give me bloody strength.....The PIES WILL BE THERE COME SEPTEMBER.......TRUST ME'

<<<<<<<<TRUST ME>>>>>>>

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 7:25 am

I think that c'wood can still make the finals, I just reckon that brisbane will probably win the flag this year. just the way they beat essendon, almost toying with them at times and making them look slow.... essendon had injuries but brisbane had their ruckmen beau mcdonald and clark keating out as well, and voss was also injured during the game.

this also raises the issue of whether further concessions should be given to brisbane and sydney. I'm all for developing the game in these states, but based on last night's result, we are creating super teams at the expense of the poorer clubs in melbourne. it's the west coast eagles situation all over again.

"..we flew at them as a hawk to his prey, passed through them in the disordered state in which they were, separated them into two distinct parts and then tacked upon their largest division.." -- Captain Cuthbert Collingwood, 1797
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 7:43 am

I keep saying,give the guys abit if CREDIT.....its only round 3,wait until aleast round 15/16 before the critising.....Christ give the guys a go will you.
NO THE RACE IS NOT OVER!!!!!!!!!

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 7:45 am

I keep saying,give the guys abit if CREDIT.....its only round 3,wait until aleast round 15/16 before the critising.....Christ give the guys a go will you.
NO THE RACE IS NOT OVER!!!!!!!!!

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 5:31 pm

Well im with you PeterWH.
I know that things may be looking down right now, but in a weeks time they may be looking up again...
I know that many supporters are sick of hearing the same thing all the time (Give it time) but thats all its gonna take...
I know most of you are frustrated and are sick of seeing the pies playing off and not makin the top8 but I, sory we, love the Collingwood Football Club and even though they played sh!tty last friday, their liable enough to come out and pump hawthorn (who arnt all that).
We may make the eight, we may finish in the bottom 4, its too early to tell, remember StKilda in 97 - played so crap at the start and then made the friggen GF - (even though they got pumped by the crows). Its not over for me, not yet. Just let it be and watch the friggen games and critisize at the end of the year!
The race to finish in the top 8 is not over, relax and just see what happens.

Who loves ya Presti?
WE DO!
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 6:17 pm

At the moment there are still 16 teams very much in the running for the flag. Anything could happen to Brisbane between now and the end of the year ... and we've got infinite room for improvement. A lot will depend on how we respond to last Friday's humiliation.

I think most of us expected a slow start to the season. We are well under-done and way short of full strength. Injuries are completely stuffing us. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see us 1-4 after 5 rounds ... but teams have won premierships from that position. It just depends how much character they've got. We've got the talent. And a lot of it is sitting in the stands nursing injuries right now, or still trying to find form after injury. A full-strength, in-form Collingwood is as good as any other side in the comp ... including Brisbane.

floreat pica
My Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" is now available for viewing and/or downloading at http://alf.magpies.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: