Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sorry for intruding but....bit of assistance required

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Chicks Channel

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:04 am
Post subject: Sorry for intruding but....bit of assistance requiredReply with quote

As i said, sorry for intruding but........

I went into the town for a few drinks with people I used to work with, One of them is a girl who I've known for a few years and get along well with.

She left the pub early with her new boyfriend, I left about 8:30 cos the people I was interested in talking to had mostly gone.

She called me about 9 to see if I was still at the pub. her new boyfriend had just broken up with her and if I was still at the pub she would come back for a drink but (as I was on the train 3/4 the way home) she would go home.

I'm lousy in these kind of situations, I told her that she was an inteligent attractive girl (and she is), to keep her chin up and that if she wants to have a coffe or a chat to call me and I'll make the hour train trip just to catch up.

Now. This is where I need the advice. I've known her for about 5 years and we get along really well without ever going past friends.

Is she calling me because she trusts me/feels comfortable with me as a shoulder to cry on and have a drink or is there a bit more to it.? Confused

I like her and wouldn't mind seeing what happened if we got together. To clarify, I'm early 40's, she's mid 30's and I'm not looking for a 1 nighter, I'd rather stay friends so I'm interested in........ddamn, can't say it. Lets just say I wouldn't want to hurt her. She has a talent for dating assholes, she doesn't deserve any more crap.

How long should I leave it before I call or Txt her just to see how she is without asking her out? Confused Should I ask her out or would that be a betrayal of friendship Confused Do I just ask her for a coffee as friends and follow instinct from there? Am I on drugs and she isn't interested at all?

HELP.

i_luv_licca Aries

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:32 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, i rebounded with one of my really close friends, and it was a very, very bad idea!!!!

After it, i was like, this should not have happened at all!!! Then things went awkward between us...but like a few months later, and we're good friends again.

This might not be the case for u though, but send her a msg saying 'Just checking up on ya to see that your alright. I'm always here for a chat if needed' or something.....

Good luck :)

Live, Love, Laugh
qldpie02 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:15 pm

i reckon it depends how close u r as friends to whether she wanted a shoulder to cry on or not...like if ur super close then probably just wanted a shoulder to cry on, although most girls normally turn to their closest girlfriends to cry to lol

if u guys joke around a lot usually you should say something like "man u have a habit of dating (enter chosen word here lol), should should date someone like me instead" and just smile and see how she reacts and if she freaks just say i said SOMONE like me, not me....geeze and make light of it - its a good way to get out of it, and see whats shes thinking!

absolutely send her a text and see how shes going and if she wants to talk or have coffee.
also if she was going out with guy only for a little while is totally different to if they were going out for like years.

hope it all goes well

magpiesgirl Aries

Crazy About Daisy!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:37 pm

Just straight out ask her-nothing ventured,nothing gained

“I can honestly say there will never be another Strauchanie and the boys at the club can’t help but be thankful for that” -Nathan Buckley
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:55 pm

Thanks for the advice, we're not really really close but get along pretty well. I txt her yesterday morning just to see if she was OK. She called me back later, but I couldn't talk much cos I was driving on the freeway and don't have a handsfree.

She was cool, sounded a little embarassed at having called me and started to try to explain. Told her it was all cool, no worries, and I'll see her again in a week or so or next time I'm in the city.

Play it by beer from here on I think. Wink Thanks again.

melissa Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:28 pm

lol Tess...
Stu, I think it really depends on how long they were going out for. If it was a few months, hey, go for it, she'll probably be flattered at the very least. The one thing a girl likes when she's been dumped is to find out another guy likes her. It's a big ego boost! If they have been going out forever, though, you need to be careful. She could be just wanting a shoulder to cry on and a guy to tell her she's not a dog, without wanting or feeling pressured to jump into bed with him. You've done the right thing. The balls in her court, now, so to speak.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:16 pm

i'm not sorry for intruding but would like to say that it appears you handled that really well. though i am the type of fella who would happily lend a shoulder but not realise it was something more they were after if that was the case.
magpies_gurl_forever82 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:22 pm

i_luv_licca wrote:
Dude, i rebounded with one of my really close friends, and it was a very, very bad idea!!!!

After it, i was like, this should not have happened at all!!! Then things went awkward between us...but like a few months later, and we're good friends again.

This might not be the case for u though, but send her a msg saying 'Just checking up on ya to see that your alright. I'm always here for a chat if needed' or something.....

Good luck Smile

I agree probably because i had the same thing happen goodluck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Chicks Channel All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: