Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#28 Danny Stanley

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Good game, didnt throw in the towel & he did some good stuff.

Well said. Very difficult for the poor kid, and I'm sure Robbo's early goals unsettled him. Felt for him, but he kept plugging away. Not disgraced.
HieroHero 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:39 pm

he;s not a poor kid..if he wants to make it at AFL level he's gotta do a lot better.. As was said, played on robbo just a few weeks ago..
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:45 pm

What is it with the Danny's.

Both were thrown up against it.

I was happy with Danny, he seemed nervous in the warm up and the most of the first quarter but seemd to settle after that. Doesn't lack pace, but needs a few more games to get up to AFL speed as such.

Goldy, Tooves, Stanners, Heater, Maxy and Swandog holding up our backline and a full strength Demons can only win by 2 goals.

All credit to these kids, they tried their guts out!

Go Pies

jonesy86 Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:54 pm

taking into account he was given a near impossible task for a debutant, i thought he handled himself quite well...definitely deserves to play next game
surfer1 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:56 pm

Once again I think the question to be asked is how come thier was so much delivery into the Melb Forwards, simple clearences. When Collingwood were coming back we were winning them.

I hate finding blame but ffs what do you expect fro Goldsack, Stanley and Cox plus i gotta admit a very slow Waklein when they are being bombed every minute.

Obree has been good but not today, I don;t care about Holland's 26 possessions he did not get the hard balls. At the end of the day the only pie to get hte clearances was Burns and Pendles
Didcos435 Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:07 pm

I was really impressed and I hope i'm not the only one.

He was thrown to the wolves on a job that was marked as Harry O'Brien's and unfortunately for Stanley he had to man a bloke who is as talented as they come and has over 150 games on him and he has whooped many a bloke with more experience then Stanners.

The reason i'm impressed is that he tried to go about his business in the best way, and he also did a few nice things. He set up play a few times and took a couple of risks which impressed me. It didn't look beyond him. Remember this kid is a teenager and has only just started playing good footy at VFL level.

Once he has Clement and Presti around him and isn't forced to take the 2nd best forward he will be handy back-up and in the long term hopefully a good strong midfielder.

Plus his other match-up Sylvia is at the stage where he has had a couple of years in the gym, and he is a very strong set boy. Hopefully this is where Stanley gets to, shrugging tackles and running forward.
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:26 pm

i felt sorry for him, first game and he's on Robinson and left on him at that too! poor bugga, but he did some good things and i think he learnt a lot too.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:47 pm

WTF did the kid get left on Robbo for so long? What a terrible mistake MM and co., it pretty much cost us the game.
nomadjack 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:14 am

Agree Joel. I thought Toovey was a better match and should have been moved to him much earlier. I know he had 2 kicked on him by Robbo, but one was from very soft free and the other one was after Tooves slipped and was out of the contest. Danny was well beaten on the lead and in the air by him about 6-7 times and was lucky his kicking was off in the third quarter. Mind you Melbourne's devlivery was almost perfect.

On Stanley's game in general - tough initiation that's for sure. Looked a bit tentative to me at first, not scared of the physical stuff, but scared (understandably) of cocking up. Was better after settling down. Lovely skill by foot and good overhead as well. My only query would be on his pace which was exploited more than once.
Magpie_Dan Taurus

The KING And I

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:57 am

Good on him on hes debut and for having a go on one of the most mercurial forwards in the comp. He was by far not good enough for Robbo and I dont know why he was left on him for so long 5 goals later taken off him, very nieve (Not sure about the spelling there) coaching from MM!
PAUL MEDHURST'S #1 FAN
NATHAN BUCKLEY- 280 Games 284 Goals
Bucks You Are THE KING

AT COLLINGWOOD, YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
Stinger 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:21 am

I thought he did ok for a first gamer. The delivery Robertson got when our mid field was non-existant was very very good. They could of had Clement out there and Robertson still would have kicked 5.
Tanks1966 Leo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:01 pm

I thought Stanley was crucified especially by our MAXWELL who let Masterbate take 8 uncontested marks and feed Robo without any pressure at all.
I hope sStanley has another chance next week

Alec. J. Hidell 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:51 pm

I think he will learn more from that game than any other game he will play in this year
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:55 pm

Frank Stone wrote:
I think he will learn more from that game than any other game he will play in this year

Good time for a good loss that exposed several technical problems we have across all lines.

Better to lose and rebuild than to win and go on playing with inherant problems that will end up rearing their ugly head eventually, just in time for September.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:52 pm

mudlark wrote:
I think people forget the fact that this game was for top 3 spot, and 1 game clear and instead of playing first gamers, when you have grand final players at your disposal, you play them and establish yourselves in a GREAT position. Very poor tactics by the entire football heirarchy, cost us a big opportunity to finish top 2 today, by playing first gamers in a must win game.

Agree with you Mudlark, I think it was the wrong game to play him in. Last year against Melbourne we did it also by selecting Rowe, Iacobucci & Fanning. Cox and Licca should have been in the side and will come in against the Swans.

In rating Stanley I think he will be alright , he didn't drop his head and kept at his task "and doesn't butcher the footy" Nath's favourite saying Wink His vision and pass to Holland up the corridor was a relevation compared to the rest of us doing our pathetic wide chipping game !

www.facebook/the hybernators
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: