Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#28 Danny Stanley

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Nath wrote:
There will be more than one change to the senior team this week and Danny has probably done enough to warrant a game.
Can't see Licca coming in as the only change, even if Jimmy is right to go, there will be more than two changes to the team from Friday night.

I hope so. I am a big rap for Stanners. We are a pretty hard-at-it side at the moment and he and Jimmy will just raise the bar a little higher.

Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:04 pm

He was handy without starring on the weekend off halfback. With MM's want to blood new players, he'll be one, along with Cook, I'll watch with interest.
DaVe86 Scorpio

Man of Steele

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:00 pm
Post subject: Danny Stanley on DebutReply with quote

Was really given an impossible task, and i think it would be pretty rough to judge him on the 4 or 5 goals he had kicked on him by Robbo.

What i found pleasing is that when he had a chance to do something, he kept his head, hit his targets and held his marks. A normal first gamer wouldve been really rattled by Robbo's start on him...but he kept his head. Id love to see him get a game where he is given a bit of freedom.

All in all, despite it been a poor debut for Stanley, he showed a bit of talent

ad4eva Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:03 pm

its dissapointing for him that he had to come in in that way. I though the matchup on Silvia was a pretty good one. He really did keep his nerve and took it one contest at a time.

Well done to Danny and congratulations on the debut.
spoljar Libra

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:05 pm

I felt sorry for him. MM left him out there like a lamb to slaughter on that prick Robbo. Did some good things out there also and I dont think he can be harshly judged on that one.

PS - Toovey wasn't great and fell over far too many times. Needs to learn how to keep his feet.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:09 pm

Extremely tough ask for Stanners, Robbo will beat the best defenders going around so he definitely found himself in the deep end.
Deserves another chance next round

BHPIE 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:10 pm

Looked ok for a 1st gamer,showed poise at times and had good disposal,well done son, stuck to his guns.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:11 pm

I think people forget the fact that this game was for top 3 spot, and 1 game clear and instead of playing first gamers, when you have grand final players at your disposal, you play them and establish yourselves in a GREAT position. Very poor tactics by the entire football heirarchy, cost us a big opportunity to finish top 2 today, by playing first gamers in a must win game.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:13 pm

Credit to the kid for getting a game and trying his heart out. However, I don't think he's got the required leg speed or skills to make it at AFL level. I hope to be proved wrong.
DaVe86 Scorpio

Man of Steele

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:15 pm

Yes the decision to play a first gamer will be looked at closely this week. However when you assess where the loss came from, it was largely due to an overwhelmed defence. Yes Rocca was bad, but we've won every game to date that Rocca has not kicked a goal. So we know how to play without him.

The options instead of Stanley were licuria, Cox, Isles or Davies. Out of that list only Cox could have made an impact down back, but he has still only played a handful of games.

The error was leaving Stanley on Robbo and not making the move sooner. The error was not playing a first gamer. The best thing about collingwood this year has been its ability to unearth talented kids.

xtcc 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:15 pm

Good game, didnt throw in the towel & he did some good stuff.
rand corp 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:16 pm

Did a good job on Robbo when he was resuming for Sandy -probably the game that turned it all around for Stanners- so no doubt got picked on that form and with that match-up in mind.

Welcome to the big show son, its a long way from the VFL and AFL champs resuming in the magoos compared to hitting their straps in the big game is an entirely different matter.

Should get another gig if the right match-up is there, unfortunately, with no Rhyce and no Harry we didn't have a great deal of flexibility today.

Tooves needs a spell and Danny deserves another crack but, with our injuries and with Rhyce expected back he might be a bit stiff.
We need to find some more height in the backline (Cox? Lonie?), we need a bit of run and experience (Iles? Licca?) and we need some versatility (Davies?) for the Swans game.
Robbo.D.yobbo 

The Toovinator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:17 pm

i liked it how he didnt give up after being thrashed by robbo....played well...looks the goods
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:19 pm

yeah well, playing the old team all the time doesn't invigorate the team and have new players coming through.

I thought Stanley did OK. Was outmatched by Robbo but some of the delivery meant no one would have stopped him on the lead.

IMO, MM's aiming at next year and the year after. This years a bonus. He's not going to give this year away as lost but the aim is to balance winning as many games as we can while also introducing kids who deserve a shot.

the test of a kid isn't how well tey play when the team is front running, but how they go when it's tough and they have to lift the head, stick out the chin and go. Stanly did OK, Toovey needs to keep him feet more but otherwise did pretty good and Goldsack.........I like the boy.

Harry O going down cost us in the backline but the umpires crucified us.

Playing the old guys just because they're there is short term thinking. MM is succession planning and doing it all right.

DaVe86 Scorpio

Man of Steele

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:20 pm

geez rand didnt know he played on robbo in the VFL. Shows how a lot of people are quick to criticise without knowing all the facts. Atleast he had some experience playing on Robbo, Toovey wouldve had 5 kicked on him today. Only suprised maxwell didnt have a crack, but i doubt it wouldve had a difference
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: