Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Tis with heavy heart i write...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ed healey 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 6:24 pm
Post subject: Tis with heavy heart i write...Reply with quote

I dont know about you people but i cant wait 3 hrs to watch a game,and it looks like 7 games at least i will listen to before watching.
But I just cant bring myself to watch tonites game after listening to the radio broadcast if that is what you call what drew morphett does.
he calls every 4th kick and we have to imagine the rest.
Pathetic.
Ive been enjoying writing match reports,but not this week.
Im watching inspector frost instead and maybe ill have a look on fox footy next week but i doubt it.
Do any others feellike i do,or do you watch shite like that even after knowing the result?
From what i could glean tnight from the radio.
My fears of MM not having a clue how to coach a forward line are well founded.I fear he is still coaching 94 style and the rest of the league is in the 00s.
His refusal to recruit a ruckman bear this out.
And the crucial part of playing the way MM wants is to kick goals when the chances arise,make the most of forward thrusts.
We have not kicked straight since MM took over,crucial shots that other sides kick we always seem to miss.
Poor skills,lack of confidence?i dont know but it is a constant as are the turnovers handing oppo sides gift goals after battling for 10 minutes and not getting one ourselves.
And what really shits me most is that may be the only game carlscum win all year as they are no good.but we cant beat them.
Why was Rocca on the bench 3rd qtr?
I throw the loss squarely on MMs game plan and if it doesnt change he should be given the arse.
anyway im getting back to watchingb inspector frost now,I just cant watch carlton beating us like that.

El Barto 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 6:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost getting to the stage to tell Mick to piss off (Ed won't do it of course) and get a young ballsy coach like Richmond did with Frawley

Mick seems to be sitting back boosting his superannuation fund while not having his heart in the job

ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 6:35 pm

its a frustrating watch heals. the tv had it on here in darwin about 45 mins behind the game and it was a real struggle to watch the second half as i heard bloody drew morphett call the final minutes. what is this guy on? he seems to call the effect but not the cause. ...'and lappin seals the game with a goal from 40.' but how did lappin get the bloody pill when the only comment before that was, ' pies on centre wing.' anyway, thats beside the point. watch it in a day or two when things settle.

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 6:38 pm

drew morphett can only commentate on TV....he's crap on radio.

"..we flew at them as a hawk to his prey, passed through them in the disordered state in which they were, separated them into two distinct parts and then tacked upon their largest division.." -- Captain Cuthbert Collingwood, 1797
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 6:54 pm

nah, don't watch it. we won't play that badly again for a while. not worth watching. a game to forget, even if it was farkin frustrating.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: