Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

send emails to swans

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 4:48 am
Post subject: send emails to swansReply with quote

some sort of complaint needs to be made re the actions of colless on monday night's four corners. not sure if the club and/or eddie privately is making a complaint but we should flood the bloody swans with emails of disgust. his actions were juvenile, petty and completely inappropriate. clearly his opinions of collingwood and eddie are just that - his opinions and he is entitled to hold them but to display them in such a disrespectful manner on national tv indicates the unprofessional nature of the man. get onto their website.........

ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 5:24 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

this is what i sent to the bastards. im fuming......

sent april 9, 10.36am to swansmedia@sydneyswans.com.au

I am writing in regard to the episode aired Monday April 8, 2002 of Four Corners (ABC).

As a football fan it was a very interesting and intruiging show dealing with an issue that is at the forefront of the current competition. As a Collingwood Football Club supporter however, I was disgusted at the actions of Richard Colless in reference to Eddie McGuire and the Collingwood Football Club.

His actions were immature, personal and derogatory to the Collingwood Football Club, its president and its fans. Colless is clearly entitled to hold the opinions he does but to express them in such a petty and disrespectful manner on national television was not only inappropriate but should be embarassing to the Sydney Swans Football Club in general.

In a week where we have seen a player reprimanded by his own club for taunting the opposition crowd with disrespectful gestures, it is evident the Sydney Swans Football Club is run by a cowardly, utterly unprofessional chairman.

I forward this email as an indication of the disgust his actions have raised with myself and countless other Collingwood and football fans alike. The Swans should be ashamed.

Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 5:27 am

Good idea ramjet

email them is what i shall do.

Fradam Wrote This
junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 6:20 am

write a letter...people read letters, but they tend to ignore emails.

Mr Richard Colless
Chairman,
Sydney Australian Football Club
P.O. BOX 173
PADDINGTON NSW 2021

Dear Mr Colless

I’m writing in response to your appearance on the Four Corners program, aired on the ABC on Monday 8 April 2002. As a supporter of the Collingwood Football Club, I take great offence at the obscene gesture you gave on air to Collingwood president Mr Eddie McGuire, which I thought was an inappropriate and unprofessional action on your part.

The content of the program was very interesting, particularly the discussion of issues faced by clubs such as Sydney and Brisbane, who are battling it out for market share in a rugby-dominated market. Your club is to be commended for the level of AFL development that you have undertaken in New South Wales to promote the game of Australian Rules football. I also understand your arguments regarding the so-called “power clubs” in Victoria.

However, this does not excuse your action of giving an obscene gesture on a nationally televised program like Four Corners. Your intentions may not have been malicious, and you may indeed think that this is all a storm in a teacup. But the fact remains that such actions could be deemed to be very inciting towards Collingwood supporters, especially in light of the recent incidents involving similar gestures given by certain AFL players.

I hope that you would conduct your arguments with other club presidents in a more professional manner and refrain from such inappropriate gestures in the future. This is not Sydney versus Melbourne. We are all in this for the greater good of the game of Aussie Rules.

Yours sincerely

"..we flew at them as a hawk to his prey, passed through them in the disordered state in which they were, separated them into two distinct parts and then tacked upon their largest division.." -- Captain Cuthbert Collingwood, 1797
Black_White 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 11:46 am

Colless will pay a self-imposed $5,000 fine, the same amount as bulldog Nathan Brown.
The fine was not going to be done by the AFL, they stated they would take no action. Wonder what would have happened if Eddie had done it to the AFL's baby, Sydney?

[This message has been edited by Black_White (edited 09 April 2002).]

dillo_09 Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 9:05 am

Who said emails bget deleted and not read??? I couldnt believe I got a reply! Read on......

Dear Mark,

Thank you for your e-mail, we appreciate your feedback.

The incident on the Four Corners program was most unfortunate. The Sydney Swans Football Club released the following Press Release in response to it:

SWANS CHAIRMAN INITIATES

SELF-IMPOSED FINE

Sydney Swans Chairman Richard Colless has today contacted the AFL, voluntarily offering to pay a self-imposed fine equivalent to that levelled at Western Bulldogs player Nathan Brown.

Mr Colless said that although there were mitigating circumstances to his on-air gesture towards Collingwood President Eddie McGuire, on last nights ABC Four Corners program, he was emphatic in his belief that AFL Club officials must abide by the same standards that players are subjected to.

“My gesture was intended to be light-hearted and contained no malice at all, and I know Eddie feels the same way,” Mr Colless said.

"However because I was concerned it may be misinterpreted I thought I had obtained an undertaking that this part of the interview would not go to air.

“Nevertheless I have made this offer to the AFL as a matter of principle, and suggested they might consider forwarding the amount to a charity of their choice.”

I trust that makes you feel somewhat better about the whole situation.

Kind Regards,

Tara White

Media Department

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2002 1:13
To: 'swansmedia@sydneyswans.com.au'
Subject: RE: Mr. Richard Colless

To whom it may concern

RE: The performance of Mr. Richard Colless, Four Corners, April 8th, 2002.

I am writing to you to convey my disgust and anger at the actions of Mr. Colless on last nights Four Corners program. Whilst Mr. Colless is fully entitled to his opinions and also entitled to express them publicly, I believe that the manner he did it reflects poorly, not only on the Sydney Swans Football Club and its supporters, but on Mr.Colless himself.

To use a gesture that is deemed incitful, aggressive and juvenile towards a highly respected and successful individual, as Mr. Eddie McGuire, is very immature and has certainly tarnished his own reputation within the football world. It is also a blight on the game of Australian Rules Football and I would expect Mr. Colless to have to explain the gesture to the AFL under a charge of bringing the game into disrepute, but that is something I can't influence and unfortunately cant see happening.

However, I may be able to influence Mr.Colless, along with any other complaints that are direct to the Sydney Swans, into making a public apology. I would also like to see an apology to both Eddie McGuire, the Collingwood Football Club and all Collingwood supporters from Mr.Colless at Collingwood's Presidents luncheon that will precede the Collingwood Vs Sydney Swans game at Colonial Stadium later this year. Assuming, of course, that an invitation to the President's lunch is forthcoming.

I also think that Mr.Colless fails to understand the significant amount of money that the supporters of the Collingwood Football Club (And the other large Melbourne club's) have contributed to the AFL Equalization fund which has helped keep struggling clubs, such as the Sydney Swans, afloat and in business for many years. Without that support and input, Mr.Colless may never have had an Australian Rules team in Sydney to become President of!! I also remember being at the SCG on a number of occasions during the 80's and 90's when Collingwood always produced the biggest crowd for the year at the SCG and probably the only profitable day of the year for the Sydney Swans. Correct me if I am wrong, but I also doubt very much if the Sydney Swans have EVER contributed anything towards the profits and survival of the Collingwood Football Club!

I hope you are able to pass this note onto Mr.Colless, or at the very least his staff, and ensure that he understands that there a lot of football supporters, not just Collingwood supporters such as myself, who are amazed and disgusted at his behavior.

Regards,

Mark Dillon
Collingwood Social Club Member # 1738
Contact # 0411 259 593

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: