Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match: Collingwood v Richmond - All comments here

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clement 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets hope it doesn't become a kicking competition between Nathan Brown and Paul Lucuria.
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:24 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Contrary to many opinions here, I'm rapt to see Licca back. Before the Brisbane game - where he was played out of position as a forward - he was starting to build up some good form, getting 27 odd possessions in the previous game. I know that he was furious at being dropped after the Brisbane debacle, believing that he was the scapegoat for a shocking team performance. Believe me, his hardness and aerobic fitness will come in handy in the finals.

I really hope Bryan takes the bull by the horns as we need his physical presence at centre bounces. I'm glad to see Dids being rested, and doubt whether Lonie will get back in now that his groin injury has flared up again. Shame about Cox, but with Goldsack playing so well there's not really a spot for him atm. It's great to see Wellingham close to getting a game as from all accounts he's a class act. Overall, I reckon the side looks harder than last week's, which is what we'll need coming into the finals.

It was an honour to meet you the other week mate, sorry we couldnt have a winners circle and meet the lads from central Australia...pop over anytime for a chat bruce Smile

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:45 pm

joffa corfe wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Contrary to many opinions here, I'm rapt to see Licca back. Before the Brisbane game - where he was played out of position as a forward - he was starting to build up some good form, getting 27 odd possessions in the previous game. I know that he was furious at being dropped after the Brisbane debacle, believing that he was the scapegoat for a shocking team performance. Believe me, his hardness and aerobic fitness will come in handy in the finals.

I really hope Bryan takes the bull by the horns as we need his physical presence at centre bounces. I'm glad to see Dids being rested, and doubt whether Lonie will get back in now that his groin injury has flared up again. Shame about Cox, but with Goldsack playing so well there's not really a spot for him atm. It's great to see Wellingham close to getting a game as from all accounts he's a class act. Overall, I reckon the side looks harder than last week's, which is what we'll need coming into the finals.

It was an honour to meet you the other week mate, sorry we couldnt have a winners circle and meet the lads from central Australia...pop over anytime for a chat bruce Smile

The honour was all mine Joffa. Unfortunately I won't be at the game tomorrow night as my band (Strange Tenants - relics from the 80s) is rehearsing for a gig we're doing to close the Melbourne International Film Festival on sunday night. Anyway, I've just got back from a week in Central Australia as a guest of the mighty Yuendumu Magpies, an indigenous team who won their lighning Premiership again - with Rupert Betheras playing in their team. I'll make an effort to have a longer chat with you about it at the Melbourne game. Cheers mate, and never mind the pygmies!
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:47 pm
Post subject: Umpires vs BitchmondReply with quote

RICHMOND vs COLLINGWOOD
Kennedy, Ryan, Woodcock

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:49 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

The honour was all mine Joffa. Unfortunately I won't be at the game tomorrow night as my band (Strange Tenants - relics from the 80s) is rehearsing for a gig we're doing to close the Melbourne International Film Festival on sunday night. Anyway, I've just got back from a week in Central Australia as a guest of the mighty Yuendumu Magpies, an indigenous team who won their lighning Premiership again - with Rupert Betheras playing in their team. I'll make an effort to have a longer chat with you about it at the Melbourne game. Cheers mate, and never mind the pygmies!

Make it a date mate Cool i'll shout ya a coffee at the van outside the Ponny Stand...i'll Pm you next week..all the best with the Gig on the weekend

ktszyu1 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:08 am

Dave, surely you could have just put that in the pre game thread?
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:40 am

Kennedy? We are £$%$ed
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:21 am

I don't envy the selection committee. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Oh, and the Licca bashing is getting a little tiring, can we lay off him please, show the guy some respect, at least let him play the friggin game, sheez!

Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:50 am

frankiboy wrote:

Oh, and the Licca bashing is getting a little tiring, can we lay off him please, show the guy some respect, at least let him play the friggin game, sheez!

Hear hear!! Well said dude.

This Licca bashing is giving me the shits too...

I hope he plays a blinder tonight and shuts all these knockers up.... Evil or Very Mad
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:36 am

Clement wrote:
Toovey had a big game v Tiggers last time as well.

I was going to mention this. You'd suggest that is the reason he has been included - ie. to replace Cox, but be able to go forward if necessary. I'm happy for Tooves to be back in the side.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:38 am

ktszyu1 wrote:
Dave, surely you could have just put that in the pre game thread?

You'd think.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:39 am

By the way, do you mind if I ask you a personal question?
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:08 am

Lazza wrote:
frankiboy wrote:

Hear hear!! Well said dude.

This Licca bashing is giving me the shits too...

I hope he plays a blinder tonight and shuts all these knockers up.... Evil or Very Mad

LOL nah it wont shut them up, if Licca plays a blinder tonight they will find some other collingwood player to throw shit at!!

Go Licca

magpie1946 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:37 am

On the one hand we need all the hard bodies we can get on the field to support the young guys who have been showing signs for the past four or five weeks that they need a short rest. In addition, Swanny, Heater, Dids, Josh and Jonno's form have all fallen away for one reason or another. Unfortunately Licca does not contribute in a positive way to the way we play our best footy. The more posessions he gets the worse off the team is. From my coaches box I am continually screaming at him kick the &*@%&*($%&*@^$&*(@#$^ thing... he props, stalls and is either called to play on which results in an ineffective kick which leads to turnovers or a backwards kick, which lets the opposition flood our forward line - it seems as though he has lost his instinct/confidence to know what to do next. Our best footy is when we play on at all costs and get the ball into the forward line for one on one contests.

STOKE THE STOVE COLLINGWOOD
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:24 am
Post subject: Crowd Tonight EstimateReply with quote

between 40,000 and 50,000 - Smalish Crowd

You?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7   

Jump to: