Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Televising of Coll v Carl

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 10:22 am
Post subject: Televising of Coll v CarlReply with quote

Can anyone in Brisbane tell me when I can expect to see the Coll v Carl match on tv??? I am going to be in Brissie on Friday and Saturday nights and had intended to go to a pub (probably Adrenalin) to watch the game live on tv, but people have told me that it probably won't be shown until later. Please let me know whether this is true (and where I should watch it)!!!

"I'm sure people see me as a screaming redhead with a big pair of boobs, but I like to think I've got things to say." Geri Halliwell, former member of the Spice Girls
NICK THE PIE MAN 

Nick's BB veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 11:53 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor, Poor Kristen!
Welcome to the Thugby League loving state that is QLD!

We can expect to see the game at 11:10.
The earlier time-slot goes to...you guessed it! Thugby League! GGRRR!

Thanks Channel 9! Bastards.
I am seriously considering staying away from the internet/radio on Friday Night and waiting for the replay on Fox Footy on Saturday, because Collingwood/Carlton is such a big game, and I feel that it would be wasted on radio.

"Good 'Ol Collingwood Forever"
bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 3:13 am

Yea kristin this stuffs us up as well. last year we organised groups to go down to the Yeronga Footy club to watch games live. Because optus would show live to states who weren't taking the game live on free to air. Why Foxtel are not doing tis has got me Faarrkeed. Kristin any news or anything Tou wanna know about Qld Based Pie supporters follow this link:
http://northernarmy.magpies.net

If your not bleeding Black and White, you don't truly support Collingwood!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 3:14 am

Thanks Nick. How do you put up with that? It would drive me crazy!!!

Can you suggest what pubs would be showing it (in the city area)? Is Adrenalin my 'best bet' (because I understand that it's a Sports Bar)?

"I'm sure people see me as a screaming redhead with a big pair of boobs, but I like to think I've got things to say." Geri Halliwell, former member of the Spice Girls
bwphantom Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 3:15 am

Kristin the pine apple hotel in Wooloongabba is the AFL pub. Or you might try the Brisbane Lions social club

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 3:19 am

Brisbane Lions Social Club??? I think NOT!!!!!! (I'm actually going up to Brisbane to see Essendon v. Brisbane with my Essendon-mad friend - and I will be barracking for Essendon!!!) Surely the pubs are like here though, and they all have tv's showing whatever's on, so I should get to see the delayed telecast at least???

bwphantom Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 6:35 am

Rugby league is the main up here kristin. But i am sure that if you give the Hotel manager a sexy look he will put in on the screens(much to the woe of many folks here).Hope you got my IM.

Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 8:13 am

Thanks for that suggestion bwphantom, I'll try my best! (Brisbane isn't going to know what hit it once my friend and I arrive!!! hahaha)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: