Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Rex Hunt...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiya-and-Higher 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 8:24 am
Post subject: Rex Hunt...Reply with quote

...made a comment this morning saying we would not trouble the top 8 this year.

He must figure that there's no use playing the rest of the home/home series, everything is cut and dried before even the second round is finished!

Why do we play all these rounds of football...because it's not only an arm wrestle between teams to see who's the best, but it's a creative experience to get a team working together under unpredictable and intense pressure.

I can't believe that we are as good as we are going to get after round 2. The first 6 weeks are usually a lottery (unfortunately we have proved that a few times ourselves by having terrific starts to seasons then fading away). The season is usually in two halves and those that are running hot early often aren't so hot later.

I remember West Coast running hot one year, winning some like 13 games straight and then falling away for the finals. We fell away in the last few games. It may well be a tasctic not to push the boys too early?

Anyway...last year we had many games where we produced passages of absolute brilliance. We haven't clicked yet that's for sure, but we are scoring lots of goals and have added a couple of top new players (Cummings and Cloke) and discovered the emerging talent of some existing players (Holland and Rocca). And we'll uncover plenty more before the year is through.

Leonin5=star 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 8:36 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah we arent playing well..but as long as we keep fighting it out and get as many wins as we can we will continually get better..i know our guys are capable of some pretty exciting football..it will be great when molloy and obree come back 2

pure magic...
paulie 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 11:50 am

It is a long long season and I think early wins this year for us are huge. as I think we will not get our best side going until at least round 6 or7.

Get Smart 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 1:53 pm

Flags are not won in April/May.
We have had excellent starts only to fizzle away as the year progressed.
Maybe this year it will be the opposite way.
If we could play sensational footy at times last year we can do it again. Our list hasn't really changed.
Rexxy just wants to stir us Pies fans up.
Look at the Demons. Everyone had written them off 3 weeks ago and they have come out and beaten 2 teams that everyone has predicted will go Top 4.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 2:48 pm

Ok this is how i see things at the moment.

1. Nick Davis i dont believe is 100% fit as he doesnt seem to be going at full speed at the moment or maybe he is just enduring a slow start to the season. Whatever the case Nick will improve three times over prior to year end.

2. Josh Fraser hasnt had a real impact upon a game yet this season as he is still gaining match fitness

3. Shane Obree the heart of our midfield is yet to grace the team

4. D9 (Molloy) has yet to play a game this year.

5. Didak who i think is one of our most exciting players is yet to play senior football this year.

The only player who has reached anywhere near his potential this year is Brodie Holland who has improved a lot on last year. Scott Burns is the other who has imrpoved by merely being fit enough to play.

I am predicting that we will grow from strength to strength as the year goes. I still believe we will finish fourth or fifth

jlc

I am the game, you don't wanna play me
I am control, no way you can change me
I am have heavy debts, no way you can pay me
I am the pain, and I know you can't take me

Look over your shoulder, ready to run
Like a good little bitch, from a smoking gun
I am the game, and I make the rules
So move on out, and you can die like a fool
Play the game, you're gonna be the same
You're gonna change your name, you're gonna die in flames
Hahahahaha
Time to play the game!
molloymagic Aquarius

*Thanks 4 the great memorys Jarrod!**miss ya*

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 4:00 pm

He was just upset that Carlton was bottom of the ladder. I switched over to the channel 9 footy show and saw Eddie and Lou bring Holland on*s* as his security guards. Honestly channel 7 are so anti-collingwood it's a joke.

Jarrod Molloy RULES!!!!
*2002 Joint V.C*
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 9:35 am

... and on his (soon to be axed) Sunday program, Rex "smells like a fish" Hunt, said when he was going through the results so far, gets to the one point Collingwood result, and says he wishes it was the other way around.

Unfortunately for him , channel seven no longer have a monopoly on the football, so I just turned over to ED TV. The days of Collingwood bashing, to get a reaction to prove to the network, that someone is watching the show is over. I doubt if channel seven even got one phone call over that.

I do not think we will have to put with Rex slagging us off again.

Rule 1. Barrack for Collingwood
Rule 2. See rule 1.
Rule 3. There is no rule 3.

CARN DE PIES!
Greg J
Black_White 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 11:44 am

Ha Ha! Rex comes undr the catagory "bitter old man".
He now has very little influence in the footy world, relegated to fronting 7's "classic footy" show. 7 tried him as a TV commentater last year and it failed. The man is abysmal.
Made it easy for Ed not to recruit him to 9.
So he is stuck on a station that has no footy bar replays, the fish show is in a dead end slot and his star is waning. No wonder he is bitter!
Crawl away Rex, the only Rex I watch/listen to appears on SBS Friday 7:30 pm!

-Craig

paulie 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 12:23 pm

I have always thought rex was abosoulute crap on radio you never knew who had the ball where it was and what was happening when he was behind the mike.Where as on triple mmm with ed and the boys they were entertaining as well as informative.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: