Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sheedy, glad to see the cretin go

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yaban 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:21 am
Post subject: Sheedy, glad to see the cretin goReply with quote

Don't really understand the adulation for this thug. As a player and coach sniping was his forte. Modus operandi for him was making a hero out of gutless thugs like Merret and Wallis and the like then crying when the favour is returned. Notice how many Essenscum dogs were KOed in the 1990 grand final. Ask Rowdy and Starca about the game. As the cheap snipe was eradicated from the game Sheedy became less relevent and more of a media whore headline. Glad we retired him and glad we took a flag off him. He deserves no respect from us so I can't see why so many are jumping on the media bandwagon and saluting him. I have one finger I reserve for this salute
Harrysz 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:38 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

This posting is a disgrace. Clearly Yaban is Yobbo.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:18 am

So, Yabban, Leigh Matthews is your hero, then?
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:02 am

Yaban does have some valid points about Sheedy's style.

eg He instructed Essendon players to knee Hawthorn ones in the quad to slow them down in their breakthrough win in 1983.

Merrett, Wallis, Duckworth, Walsh, Mark Johnson, Fletcher - all snipers.

And it is also no surprise that the cleaner the game has got, the more ineffectual his methods have become. He has a typical Bomber outfit, sprinkled with recycled hacks and some guys that can't play but under normal Sheedy circumstances would be able to thug their way through a career.

Sheedy the entertainer is a different person to Sheedy the coach, who would do anything to win. More like Jeckyl and Hyde than Zig and Zag.

ad4eva Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:02 pm

Cam wrote:
Yaban does have some valid points about Sheedy's style.

eg He instructed Essendon players to knee Hawthorn ones in the quad to slow them down in their breakthrough win in 1983.

Merrett, Wallis, Duckworth, Walsh, Mark Johnson, Fletcher - all snipers.

And it is also no surprise that the cleaner the game has got, the more ineffectual his methods have become. He has a typical Bomber outfit, sprinkled with recycled hacks and some guys that can't play but under normal Sheedy circumstances would be able to thug their way through a career.

Sheedy the entertainer is a different person to Sheedy the coach, who would do anything to win. More like Jeckyl and Hyde than Zig and Zag.

What Cam said.

He has done some dirty acts but at the same time, while not in the heat of the moment, hes been a selling point for the AFL.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:24 pm
Post subject: Re: Sheedy, glad to see the cretin goReply with quote

Yaban wrote:
Don't really understand the adulation for this thug. As a player and coach sniping was his forte. Modus operandi for him was making a hero out of gutless thugs like Merret and Wallis and the like then crying when the favour is returned. Notice how many Essenscum dogs were KOed in the 1990 grand final. Ask Rowdy and Starca about the game. As the cheap snipe was eradicated from the game Sheedy became less relevent and more of a media whore headline. Glad we retired him and glad we took a flag off him. He deserves no respect from us so I can't see why so many are jumping on the media bandwagon and saluting him. I have one finger I reserve for this salute

lol, great post! Glad to see the back of him, can't stand the bloke. Don't believe the crap about everyone loving him, it's just not true. My whole family are Essendon supporters and they've wanted him gone for years. I'm also a good friend of a former essendon dual premiership player and best & fairest winner who's adamant that he'd lost a lot of his players some time ago.
Can't fault his contribution to footy, his coaching record though is far from brilliant and he's not the most gracious loser you'd meet.

Shane Whelan 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:15 am

I know Peter McKenna refused to talk to Kevin Sheedy for many years because of some of the disgusitng things he did on the field to him.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:53 am

Just on that, a guy that played against Ted Whitten Snr told me Ted would make Hopoate look like an inquisitive 18 month old.
Prometheus Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:54 am

I agree with what has been written above. Sheedy was a tool , but was smart enough to survive.

Sheedy has been lauded in the media simply because he has stuck around for so long.

Its a bit like ex prime ministers , when they are in power their supporters love them and everyone else hates them , the media thrives off them. Then when they lose power or retire , history tends to be alot kinder to them , glossing over the details of their lies and F#ckups.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:57 am

Love the analogy Cam Laughing
Dark Lord Capricorn

He's back...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:03 pm

frankiboy wrote:
Love the analogy Cam Laughing

Ouch!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:07 pm

LOL DL Laughing
Big Dan 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:03 pm

Sheedy and Pagan.

Could the media have wasted anymore space on a couple of guys whose time is over.

Yes, great careers and so forth but hey, they were not saving lives for a living!

Sheedy was and will continue to be a smug hippocrite. Glad to see the back of him and his gin soaked nose.

Pagan, well, at least he has provided with 5 years of Carlton floggings to enjoy. I know I openly cheered when Hawthorn just belted them by the 100 points, and Brisbane's belting of the Blues was damn hilarious.

Good bye and good riddance.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:44 am

Cam wrote:
Just on that, a guy that played against Ted Whitten Snr told me Ted would make Hopoate look like an inquisitive 18 month old.

EJ had his own technique for winning a contested mark while playing from behind. At the last second, 2 fingers right up the date of the guy in front would guarentee that player would suddenly drop his arms and Teddy would take the mark. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: