Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Canberra to seize control of Murray

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
member34258 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:33 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

A few farmers.
You should get your facts right.
Shane Whelan 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:42 am

member34258 wrote:
A few farmers.
You should get your facts right.

My facts are right. They hate Labor up there.

And they dont support Bracks holding out. Not even Rudd, Beattie or the others do.

He is just a grandstanding pony as always. He cant even address his own son's alcohol problem.
member34258 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:48 am

I was taking your posts as serious, but then I saw your post in the Lohan thread. Now I know not to.
And of course, you use his son as an attack, just like a previous poster. And as another poster pointed out, Bracks is not on his own with reckless children.
But don't let the truth get in the way of a good yarn.

P.S. Damn good win by Bracks just a few months ago. and I see by polls he would walk it in again! You must love that.
Shane Whelan 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:57 am

member34258 wrote:
I was taking your posts as serious, but then I saw your post in the Lohan thread. Now I know not to.
And of course, you use his son as an attack, just like a previous poster. And as another poster pointed out, Bracks is not on his own with reckless children.
But don't let the truth get in the way of a good yarn.

P.S. Damn good win by Bracks just a few months ago. and I see by polls he would walk it in again! You must love that.

So you are saying Kevin Rudd and Peter Beattie are stupid?

I havent knocked you perosnally and I suggest you keep your personal comments to yourself. it is poor form.

No on I know in Shep like Bracks and they are pissed off about the pipe plan from the point of view that Melbourne is going to benefit for 3 years ahead of the GV people. It is plain stupid when they havent even received their water quotas yet.
member34258 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:33 am

1 billion dollars in infrastructure improvements, and believe me the infrastructure has not been improved in 100 years, that the locals here do not have to pay for.
Once again, you are confusing the Federal Darling plan with the Bracks pipeline plan. The 2 are exclusive.
If you knew anything about irrigation you would know that of every 100 gigalitres sent into the infrastructure only 69 gigalitres arrives. The pipe plan aims to lift this to worlds best practice which is currently 96 gigalitres. As water is now recognized as such a precious commodity I fail to see how anyone can object to such a plan.
But of course some will. The opposition is being run by the local Federal member, who just happens to be a Liberal. Of course.
It's ok to say you know a few people up here who disagree. Wow! What a revelation. You can find opposition to anything and a few people is hardly representation.

P.S. So I "personally attacked" you for your comment in the Lohan thread?
Here's the comment;
Quote:
She is a good reason why there should be communism.

Tell me what is intelligent about that statement.
Oh and how about the "Adolph" reference?
Poor form I say!
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:38 am

The Farmers are all for the Lib/Nats. No one else gets hand outs like they do when they are out of work due to weather conditions and failure to budget expenditure and run out of cash. The National Farmers Federation is a politcal wing of the national party and they have no approached the Federal Government to bypass the State Government.

Shane Whelan your continue attacks on what Bracks and his son is a disgrace and gives us all an insight into your ignorance. Your arguments don't stand up so you resort to that crap. Goose.

Bracks is the best Liberal Premier this state has had and the reason we have him is the same reason Howard has stayed in power. The morons in the opposition.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:01 am

Member,

I agree about the infrastructure upgrades. As I understand it, that involves running most of the main canals theu enclosed pipe rather than open channels thereby drastically reducing the loss you were referring to which is largely from evaporation.

I don't know who's plan that's part of, Howard or Bracks or both, but that's a good thing.

What I don't agree with is piping water from an area that needs it to produce food for the rest of the country down to Melbourne so it can be flushed down toilets.

Melbourne is on stage 3A water restrictions while most of that area is on stage 4.

I have a garden and I like having trees, grass and shrubs alive so I put in a 5000 litre rainwater tank a couple of months ago which is now full and should let me get thru summer being able to water the garden if I'm careful with it.
I don't particularly dislike Bracks. He does an OK job. In this case though, I think he's grandstanding.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:06 am

Stui stage 3A is virtually Stage 4, the reason it is 3A is so the State Government does not have to compensate the private water companies for loss of income due to stage 4.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:34 am

Thanks Culprit. That explains something. Being able to water gardens two days per week between 6am and 8am.........you might as well not bother anyway.

BTW, agree with you and some others about Bracks' son. Parnts can only be held responsible for the choices their kids make up to a point. As a parent, you do the best you can to set them on the right path and give them the tools they need but in the end, people make their own choices.

Nick bracks got pissed, drove a car and crashed it. Dumb yes, but he's 20. Is he the only 20 year old to ever make a dumb decision? There's thousands of people out there addicted to drugs. Is that all the fault of their parents?

~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:39 am

Ohhhhhhh I get it now

Shame on the parents of Jeff Farmer, Ben Cousins, Chrissy Tarrant. It is ALL their fault. Those poor boys should sue them

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:42 am

Do not ask me any more questions please.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:58 am

As an ex Politicians son I have an understanding of what transpires. Most Politicians work long hours and whilst it maybe that may only be for the 6 months Parliament sits then you get back to local duties and as he is Premier he would have more on his plate than my Dad did. Most politicians’ families suffer and the divorce rate is around 60%. I am no fan of Brack's in saying that I can sympathise on all levels of what his family is going through. You cannot control what your kids do when you are not there, kids stuff up and in a worse case fatally like in my family. To suggest you are a bad parent and in this case Premier if your kid goes off the rails is a disgrace. My Dad has always been there for us through the good and the bad just like Brack’s is for his kids. Now as a parent I see the other side as well. Ignorance is not an argument.
~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:03 am

News just on 3AW is Bracks is about to resign.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:09 am

~Madness~ wrote:
News just on 3AW is Bracks is about to resign.

Oh *hit we ae going to have a horse in charge now.
~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:10 am

Yeah mr bronco right?

oh hang on...mr Brumby

Neiiigh

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: