Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 641, 642, 643 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:12 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Found out yesterday chemo ain't cutting it anymore for my BIL. He's got one last shot, some other drug. Doc told him to start putting his affairs in order. My poor SIL still has another 9 weeks chemo, then an operation to fix her colonoscopy back to normal. their son was driving home from work Thursday and he got hit by a work van, spun into the path of a truck, luckily he went off the side of the road and hit a pole not the truck.Car is totalled but thank god both him and his Gf are fine, just shaken up. This time last year, this family was to the best of their knowledge, happy, healthy, successful, looking at a bright future. Count your blessings guys, you never know what's around the corner. Cheers
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:25 pm

KenH wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Whats up sunshine?

You and your bloody sunshine while we are in this shit weather!! Just effing jealous, hope you are enjoying yourself!

Ah well. Bit of a cool change today if it makes you feel any better. The temperature is down to 27. Might have to put a shirt on. Razz

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:26 pm

Smile
KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:06 pm

Yeah thanks for that Stui!
Mountains Magpie 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:51 pm

PC speak gone stark raving mad. Here's two pearlers:

On the train through the Blue Mountains yesterday I noticed the directional sign that used to say 'Lawson Industrial Area' has been replaced with a new sign that says 'Blue Mountains Business Park'.

I guess we can't have people thinking some folks actually get their hands dirty at their place of work Rolling Eyes And you just know that somebody got paid a bucketload to come up with this.

And then, catching up with the news this evening, I have to read this twaddle from Gavin Fuller, a senior operations supervisor (I guess the job title should've warned me) of the Queensland Ambulance Service on today's accident at Dreamworld:

"Two males and two females, they were assessed by Queensland ambulance personnel and had all sustained injuries that were incompatible with living".

Bonkers, just bonkers.

In the timeless words of Treponem Pal, "Too Many Humans":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDS1tGLOhFA

MM

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:05 pm

This bloody cold Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by Morrigu on Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:24 pm; edited 3 times in total
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:18 pm

The fcking nippons - piss off with your "scientific" bullshite Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Bloody swear filter - damn ain't the right adjective!!!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:21 pm

Mountains Magpie wrote:
PC speak gone stark raving mad. Here's two pearlers:

On the train through the Blue Mountains yesterday I noticed the directional sign that used to say 'Lawson Industrial Area' has been replaced with a new sign that says 'Blue Mountains Business Park'.

I guess we can't have people thinking some folks actually get their hands dirty at their place of work Rolling Eyes And you just know that somebody got paid a bucketload to come up with this.

And then, catching up with the news this evening, I have to read this twaddle from Gavin Fuller, a senior operations supervisor (I guess the job title should've warned me) of the Queensland Ambulance Service on today's accident at Dreamworld:

"Two males and two females, they were assessed by Queensland ambulance personnel and had all sustained injuries that were incompatible with living".

Bonkers, just bonkers.

In the timeless words of Treponem Pal, "Too Many Humans":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDS1tGLOhFA

MM

An explanation:
http://www.news.com.au/national/ambulance-officer-slammed-for-saying-four-dreamworld-dead-suffered-injuries-incompatible-with-life/news-story/8d090b77b4f942237839b488b6567637?utm_content=SocialFlow&utm_campaign=EditorialSF&utm_source=News.com.au&utm_medium=Facebook

Basically:

Unknown to many was that the term gave a sad insight into the extent of the injuries the victims suffered.
When injuries are deemed by paramedics to be so severe that they are incompatible with life, CPR is deemed a futile exercise.
The Queensland Ambulance Service official clinical practice guidelines for resuscitation outline a number of instances in which CPR should not be attempted.
They include where the patient has sustained injuries that are totally incompatible with life.
According to the document, such injuries include decapitation, cranial and cerebral destruction, hemicorporectomy (where the body is amputated below the waist), incineration or foetal maceration (foetal death).

Very sad. I can't imagine being a paramedic seeing this accident.

HAL 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:24 pm

Perhaps. No I am as happy as ever.
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:49 pm

People complaining about upcoming office move.
Moving to Albert Road South Melbourne from Malvern.
Much better offices and cheaper as we don't need as much space as we have in the past due to shut down of the retail side of the organisation.

Yes it will involve more travel for some people and having to pay for parking but we have very flexible working hours (including working from home).

At lot less convenient for me having to get there by public transport but I am going to see how it goes before passing judgement.

And my boss has just decided to resign, leaving the week before the move.
Back to working in a vacuum again, although I am used to being pretty autonomous in my role.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:11 pm

this is getting scary, no flight zone issued, god i hope this doesnt turn into a kind of Waco

https://www.wired.com/2016/10/standing-rock-protesters-face-police-world-watches-facebook/

HAL 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:12 pm

You don't say.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:40 pm

Don't watch much live commercial TV usually - but courtesy of a bloody bollocks bastd cold have done so a bit in the last couple of days - WTF is with all the betting ads Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
HAL 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:41 pm

And with all the betting ads evil evil is Don't watch much live commercial TV - but courtesy of a bollocks you basratd cold did so in the last couple of days - WTF.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:20 pm

Morrigu wrote:
Don't watch much live commercial TV usually - but courtesy of a bloody bollocks bastd cold have done so a bit in the last couple of days - WTF is with all the betting ads Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

It's a problem in Australia.

A mate of mine who visited Europe and went to the French Open and Wimbledon and other sporting tournaments in that continent said it was a real eyeopener to see how much betting advertising was rampant in Australia compared to Europe which had very little in comparison.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 641, 642, 643 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
Page 642 of 719   

Jump to: